• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ripening fruits?

Nice compilation! I personally think only a few of the originals can hybridize, and if they can (along with ripening) that will be very exciting!

When you see a 'hybrid' such as the weird orange or the discolored cherries, you can really only tell what one of the fruits are. I think that the fruits might just occasionally have alternate sprites for realism, because not all fruits are exactly the same just because they're both the same type of fruit.

so they are not hybrids or ripening fruits but randomly appearing fruits on the normal fruit tree with other appearance and a 'special' flavor

But you can plant new 'special' fruit trees with these fruits as seen in the dream town in the Nintendo Direct

We 'know'
Cherries: Bigger yellow-red cherries
Oranges: different shaped orange (a little bit like a pear)
Peaches: 'gold' peaches

This doesn't explain the '3-paired'-cherries on the islands so far...

Did I get that right? :D

so they are not hybrids or ripening fruits but randomly appearing fruits on the normal fruit tree with other appearance and a 'special' flavor

But you can plant new 'special' fruit trees with these fruits as seen in the dream town in the Nintendo Direct

We 'know'
Cherries: Bigger yellow-red cherries
Oranges: different shaped orange (a little bit like a pear)
Peaches: 'gold' peaches

This doesn't explain the '3-paired'-cherries on the islands so far...

Did I get that right? :D

So does that mean they are worth more? Or do villagers ask for them as favors?

Are we sure if that fruit that looks like a cherry is actually a cherry or not? When I first saw it before, I thought it was a whole other fruit like a pomegranate or something.

Are we sure if that fruit that looks like a cherry is actually a cherry or not? When I first saw it before, I thought it was a whole other fruit like a pomegranate or something.

im thinking they might not be cherries honestly
their starting to not look as cherry like as i thought
maybe their some kind of red plum or something XD
cherries 3.jpg

im thinking they might not be cherries honestly
their starting to not look as cherry like as i thought
maybe their some kind of red plum or something XD
View attachment 1770

I'd say that they're cherries. Normally cherries grow in threes, it could just be in this case they're different due to them growing on the island.

Though I'm still sticking with my hybrid fruit idea for the other stuff. When it said they will look different, I'm pretty sure it's saying they'll be different colors.

I'd say that they're cherries. Normally cherries grow in threes, it could just be in this case they're different due to them growing on the island.

Though I'm still sticking with my hybrid fruit idea for the other stuff. When it said they will look different, I'm pretty sure it's saying they'll be different colors.

yeah i know what you mean
i just think itll be weird to have 2 cherries with the only difference one has 2 the other 3 lol

It could be a Lychee. I can't tell because of the image quality but in Ozzie's picture the fruit could have the rough texture of a Lychee fruit. But at the same time it still looks really smooth.

Oh little red fruit share with us your secrets!

I can't really tell. I would need better quality screenshots, but compared to the normal cherries..

2zq4nkk.png

They are(the normal cherries) much smoother and round, and have a prominent stem, whereas the island fruits don't have a stem, they all connect together at the top, like lychees. lol

To be honest I had to look up what a Lychee looks like since I've never actually seen one. xD

But it looks a heck of a lot more like a Lychee than the Pomegranate I originally guessed it was!

To be honest I had to look up what a Lychee looks like since I've never actually seen one. xD

But it looks a heck of a lot more like a Lychee than the Pomegranate I originally guessed it was!

If I could find the video where it showed the island fruits, I could get a better screenshot to compare with, but I seem to be unable to figure out which one it is.

Actually, Thunder and Justin helped me find it.

Okay, so here we go.

Ug0hb.jpg
2zq4nkk.png

Now with that, you can really tell the difference.

Oh yeah, that really helps. They're not as round as the cherries are and at least on the bigger one I see what looks like three dimples on the fruit's surface. The light reflection is also more spread out than on the cherry so it seems like its a fruit with a less shiny surface, I think.

Actually, It looks like the fruits might be lumpy! I don't think they're dimples at all.

You can tell right off that they aren't the same fruit at all, so that's cleared. Lychees is my best guess, but if anyone else can come up with something better?

I'd be pretty happy if it actually was lychee, that stuff is good.

Back