• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ripening fruits?

It's not an argument, we'll all just talking. =p

It's only an argument if you get mad. lol
I know, but the thing about the night club, and cave and stuff people viewed as arguments, so when I see large paragraph discussions like this, I know people are on their way to say it's an argument.

Anyone is that brown plant in the Floral shop really bamboo, or was that jsut assumed?

That shouldn't prevent the discussion of it, as such I'm not going to let it. If people view it as an argument, they can report it and let a moderator decide if it is or not. It's not a member's job to decide.

I haven't seen the brown plant in the shop, but I'd assume it'd be bamboo. Young bamboo shoots look like /\

and still on what I was saying, if there is hybrid fruit, we wouldn't need to grow a whole new tree to have them grow. They would grow on the trees already bearing fruit.

That shouldn't prevent the discussion of it, as such I'm not going to let it. If people view it as an argument, they can report it and let a moderator decide if it is or not. It's not a member's job to decide.

I haven't seen the brown plant in the shop, but I'd assume it'd be bamboo. Young bamboo shoots look like /\

and still on what I was saying, if there is hybrid fruit, we wouldn't need to grow a whole new tree to have them grow. They would grow on the trees already bearing fruit.

It's on the website, yeah it does look like that so it probably is.

OOOOOOOOOH, okay I thought you meant a whole new tree, if it's on the same tree then that is perfectly fine.

Yeah, growing a whole new tree would be crazy. You would have to clear out a whole area just to grow two or three trees.
But yeah, that's what it looks like to me. So in the case of hybriding fruits, they would grow on the 'parent' trees. I would also assume that if you bury the hybrid fruit itself, it'll have the same mechanics. Grows hybrid/normal fruits. It's more of a chance thing since trees grow three fruits, whereas like flowers, they only grow one 'flower'.

Season changes is what it looks like to me, but I'm not going to go through the whole thread to see if anyone else has suggested it.

yea that's what i was saying at the beginning about the cherries :)

And Prof, yea i wouldn't mind the hybrid fruits, im excited to see what it all turns out as! I was just saying that i think the cherry situation was seasonal instead of hybrid, but the orange/pear thing, i have no idea..
hybrids would be pretty cool. I can't wait to see :)

People saying they hope there isn't content really bother me.

Seriously, why hope that something isn't in the game when you can easily avoid it if it is? That just makes it less appealing to people who would like the feature. Hybrid fruit would be just like hybrid flowers. All signs point to it being hybrid fruit, there isn't any other explanation that makes sense.
Exactly, if you don't like a feature in the game, don't use it. If they are hybriding, then you can easily avoid it.

Well, we don't even know HOW the hybriding will happen yet. Maybe it'll be a function of the Silver or Golden Watering Can, when the tree is a sprout? Maybe it'll be by putting two trees diagonally of each other?

We don't know yet.
If they actually are hybrid fruit, I do like this idea. It gives more of a function to the G/S watering can.

Season changes is what it looks like to me, but I'm not going to go through the whole thread to see if anyone else has suggested it.
I think the cherries are seasonal changing fruit, but that orange/pear i don't think was a seasonal fruit, since it was just 1/3 of the fruit that looked like that

It's been said we wouldn't know how the hybriding would occur, but that got me thinking. Would we plant trees diagonally/adjacent (which really would take up too much space and be a big hassle) or could we, perhaps, plant 2 fruits in? I wouldn't think we could, per se, but it could be a possibility, what with all the other new features. As for the ripening idea, it seems far more plausible, but also leads me to think about season changes and how they'd affect the trees. It would make sense for the trees to be bare during the colder months, since that's how trees in the real world are, but they wouldn't do that since it's a nice money maker. It's just a weird topic and I can't wait to try it out when it's released c:

It's been said we wouldn't know how the hybriding would occur, but that got me thinking. Would we plant trees diagonally/adjacent (which really would take up too much space and be a big hassle) or could we, perhaps, plant 2 fruits in? I wouldn't think we could, per se, but it could be a possibility, what with all the other new features. As for the ripening idea, it seems far more plausible, but also leads me to think about season changes and how they'd affect the trees. It would make sense for the trees to be bare during the colder months, since that's how trees in the real world are, but they wouldn't do that since it's a nice money maker. It's just a weird topic and I can't wait to try it out when it's released c:
Ok, look at it this way.
If it is planting trees adjacent to each other, in previous games, we'd need to leave at least one space between them, and they didn't show and trees right on top of each other in the recent trailer, and even then, trees aren't movable like flowers, so a tree could just pop up in a place you don't even want it to be, and since you can't move it, you have to put up with it, or chop it down and try again.

I do like the bury 2 fruits in one hold idea, if they are hybrid fruits I think that would be a good way to implement it.

Ripening fruit is something i'm not too sure if I like that idea or not, but i'm sure if it is ripening i will like it when it's in the game. But yeah, trees losing their leaves in the winter is something i think should happen, but it wont. We've seen trees in the winter in trailers and they're the exact same. But i don't mind, like you said, we get money from trees so i'm happy.

I dunno about you guys, but the second someone has a video up that I'm aware of I'm watching it. To me, you can't spoil AC. There is no story, no plot other than what happens in the first ten minutes. The rest is completely unique and up to the player.

I just want some dang info so we can know things 100%.

I dunno about you guys, but the second someone has a video up that I'm aware of I'm watching it. To me, you can't spoil AC. There is no story, no plot other than what happens in the first ten minutes. The rest is completely unique and up to the player.

I just want some dang info so we can know things 100%.

Yeah, there's no way you can really spoil AC. Other than telling us new features, but that's not spoiling. That was the same about Nintendo saying older gen Pokemon will be in BW2, and the Dream Radar. It's a new feature, not spoilers.

I'm going to try to ignore some of the fish and bug catching videos for the sake of being surprised when I catch a new one, along with the diving etc.. but other than that I'm in the same boat. No real way to spoil animal crossing.

Yeah, there's no way you can really spoil AC. Other than telling us new features, but that's not spoiling. That was the same about Nintendo saying older gen Pokemon will be in BW2, and the Dream Radar. It's a new feature, not spoilers.

Right. The only real spoilers in AC would be explaining how to get something, like "You catch blah blah at blah blah time at the blah blah."

that'd be spoilers.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet as I only very briefly went through this thread, but take a look at this picture from the Japanese website. It has two different kinds of cherry's on the same tree. (tree on the right)

View attachment 1668

So what do you think? support ripening or hybrid theory?

Last edited:
Oh oh! And the cherries are a hybrid of apples and cherries! I am getting excited.

It would be interesting if they did put hybrid trees in think how many different fruit you could have in your town.

I'm sure there would be restrictions, just like with flowers.

So.. with the orange/pear thing. Say that's what that is, we know those can hybrid with each other, and the apples and cherries.

But they wouldn't be able to go
apple/orange
pear/cherries
orange/cherries
etc.

Though what I'm thinking is, it'll only be the original fruit that can hybrid. So all of the new fruit is just going to be left out of it.

I think you're right about the ripened fruit, it makes it a lot more realistic than one day there being no fruit, and then the next day, BAM fruit!
I also like the idea of fruit hybrids. :)

AC_fruit.jpg
All the fruit I could find

I don't really know what to make of all these weird fruits though...

Back