• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia Salmon Run Mafia *main thread* [GAME OVER. SEE POST #460 FOR RESULTS.]

@shawo wait, where’s that d4 plan you mentioned?
Post automatically merged:

Lol if im your most sus, then vote me. Shawo has been my sus from the very beginning, so it wouldn't be a bandwagon. These things, along with the others, make me uncomfortable with you.

I did vote you, but it will only work if Shawo or tessa switches vote at this point. I don’t sus you enough to make a deciding choice on it, but I want to see who, if anyone, switches votes.

I was kinda waiting for that d4 plan Shawo mentioned. But If it’s you and I tonight, I have to use my ability on tessa.

This is an example of the quick- change I see that is very odd to me.
I am strongly town reading tessa and shawo.
- Shawo because he (they? Shawo, pls correct me if I’m wrong) did a reaction check on me very early on. It seems too risky to do as a lone mafia. Also he didn’t reveal his weapon at first, risked looking suspicious to keep mafia in the dark and almost got voted off for it. After the weapon reveal, everything seems to make sense now… granted, it probably took me too long to catch on.

Very strong townreads from caffline on shawo, today.

And then-

If I change my vote to shawo - Betsy can bandwagon on and Betsy is my most sus right now.

And has gone from a "strong town reading" giving reasons for it, to voting the same person. This is too lightning quick and has no reasoning to back it up.

I will probably die tonight… but if there is a good d4 plan, I’m willing to change my vote to help that along.

I will probably die tonight… but if there is a good d4 plan, I’m willing to change my vote to help that along.

That's what shawo said he had, which is why i considered ghost as a vote. Whoever of us dies, if shawo and tessa are both checked, d4 should be solid.

This is an example of the quick- change I see that is very odd to me.

Very strong townreads from caffline on shawo, today.

And then-

And has gone from a "strong town reading" giving reasons for it, to voting the same person. This is too lightning quick and has no reasoning to back it up.

I said if - I am explaining it to ghost. I am town reading Shawo, but I can’t be 100%. My reason for ghost has nothing to do with how I see Shawo.

I said if - I am explaining it to ghost. I am town reading Shawo, but I can’t be 100%. My reason for ghost has nothing to do with how I see Shawo.
Well, as much as I find some of your actions sus, I'm not gonna vote you, because that would be dumb. Shawo egged, so i can check him. You could check tessa. One of us dies, other still has info. And if shawo is innocent, and is right about ghost, pfft. It is very frustrating.

That's what shawo said he had, which is why i considered ghost as a vote. Whoever of us dies, if shawo and tessa are both checked, d4 should be solid.

One of us will likely die. The one left could be wolf… and will have the most say on who is voted tomorrow.

If it’s Tessa or shawo, they have played real aggressive, risky and maybe even reckless early game. That’s why I’m town reading them, but it wouldn’t surprise me because I think they can both pull it off

I will say, Shawo does take strong leadership sporadically and then disappears right after … it’s been a bit chaotic.

One of us will likely die. The one left could be wolf… and will have the most say on who is voted tomorrow.

If it’s Tessa or shawo, they have played real aggressive, risky and maybe even reckless early game. That’s why I’m town reading them, but it wouldn’t surprise me because I think they can both pull it off

It would be obvious very quickly, I think.

Actually, i dont think tessa would do that kind of aggressive play. Shawo i dunno, he probably could, lol.

Hey@caffline quick thought if you are still here

I did the @thing wrong.

@Caffline Quick question if you are still here

Last edited:
actually NK is a very genuine play. I didn't consider it. I'll come back with some like math or something to back up some stuff.

you can egg and be dead, btw caffline.

Ok so given that eliminating here is a forced 50/50, we're essentially looking at the 2 most sus players being elim'd back to back.

So what are the other possible scenarios given an NK.

NK into 4 (premise, 2 players have abilities, 3 players egging.)

Going to split the scenarios into 2. One where cop is mafia, and one where cop is not mafia (cop in this case stands for both Betsy and Caff.)

Scenario 1: Both cops real, both cops don't egg.
One cop dies, we get one investigation into one town, we end up 33/33/33. We then NK again? and potentially get another investigation going weirdly, into a 50/50. This isn't actually a good scenario, the best case is the same, and the worst case is worse.

Scenario 2: Both cops real, one cop eggs/doc.
This one is weird because it's actually the same scenario regardless of whether the doc is mafia or not. Cop checks one of the four alive players. Doc dies, or the other cop dies. Depending on checks, the game ends up in a forced 50/50 (cop vs mafia).
The worst case is like "cop checks player who dies, then we nk again, then we end up in a 50/50." But even "Cop checks mafia right away" is just a forced 50/50 anyways since it's d4.

Uhh.
Yeah it's terrible LOL.

NK bad.

Anyways - optimal play is both cops don't egg, and everyone else eggs, and we just eliminate a player amongst the 3 that egged. Following that, both cops can check opposite players: If ghost dies, caff checks shawo, betsy checks tess. Game is a garunteed forced 50/50 with ONE caveat.

If either cop has a killing ability the game ends on the spot.

However!

Doc/Cop does not end up in said forced 50/50.

Say for example, shawo dies, and caff checks tess, mafia can kill tess, making the cop check irrelevant, meaning there's no forced 50/50.

The only reason to do the second situation over the first is again, if betsy has a killing ability (since it HAS to be caff who doesn't egg with ghost.)

What I was trying to communicate earlier to you betsy, was that it makes no sense to allow ghost to not egg when you not egging has both a better result and is a lower risk play for you. There's no reason to allow mafia to use their ability, given the circumstances.

I think the last thing I have to say is that. I don't really townread ghost. I kinda townread tessa? but that's only cuz she nailed mafia day 1. But like I genuinely believe both cops are probably town.

I guess my reads list looks something like "Betsy -> caff = tessa -> ghost?"

So that's the other driving reason for why I want ghost to egg. cuz like. I think ghost is mafia. it makes the most sense to me I think.

I mean I think town probably squeezes the win out in the 50/50. But if I die!! I want to die knowing that ghost eggs. you feel.

Oh my bad, Shawo did give the mentioned plan.

Ok 1 minute left.
Here's my final thought-
Shawo will be voted off it looks like. So i can check ghost instead. You can check me or tessa, whichever

Day 3 is over. The vote results will be announced shortly.

@shawo was Splatted by popular vote.

Mr. Grizz
S2_Icon_Mr_Grizz.png
Egg basket, full again. Good job, crew.
Got another
INKLING by accident? No problem, could happen to anyone.

I'll just have to recruit some more rookies to replace you all...
Let's get one more haul for Grizzco before it's too late!
You're doing important work, here.

@shawo was an INKLING

527px-Salmon_Run_S2_work_crew_art.png

who had the same gear: E-LITER 4K SCOPE
S2_Weapon_Main_E-liter_4K_Scope.png

• When you deploy this ability during the night, it will target a player of your choice with a laser sight. If you target the same player tomorrow night, they are Splatted. (If something protects them, they remain targeted and you may attempt to Splat them again.)
The ability and its target will be publicly announced, but not who used it.
(e.g. “TARGET has a laser sight pointed at them!”)

~

If you did not collect a golden egg during DAY 3, please submit your action for NIGHT 3 before 6 PM EST, Dec 19.

DAY 4 will begin at 7PM EST on Dec 19, starting with an announcement of everything that happened during the night.

P.S. December 19th is my birthday so I might be a bit late -- or early. Looks like end of game will probably be Dec 21, at 7PM EST. May the odds be ever in your favour

Last edited:
NIGHT 3

Shawo, Tessa, and Ghost focused on gathering eggs while Betsy and Caffline defended the work crew from waves of Salmonids. The waves threatened to overwhelm the five of them, but they never did, until at sunrise six Steel Eels slithered out and...
veMt4TPQRJuhPgQHkiSH4KPeFyTCTmn7rf3MMlS4D2iCV5lOv45tTgzIP5PB1WgP7iBuLALBoNsYc9uqcwXwg9uieZx75nalh-U42NW0ys3xsb36j3ems6Apt25eqCrcKWmL6TDNEJA

M̴̳̊r̴͙̚.̵̘̒ ̸͓͐G̴͙̈́r̵̤̀î̶ͅz̶͉͗ž̴̥
grizz-glitched-12-19-2021-6-38-29-PM.png
R▐ ▐g

@Caffline was an INKLING
527px-Salmon_Run_S2_work_crew_art.png

with the gear: BOMB SNIFFER

S_Ability_Bomb_Sniffer.png

• When you deploy this ability during the night, you will be secretly notified of whether a player of your choice is capable of Splatting (eliminating) players or not.

DAY 4 BEGINS

(ends Dec 21st, 7:00 PM EST)

The work crew:

1. b100ming - SALMONID

2. @Ghost2008

3. Miss Misty - INKLING

4. @BetsySundrop

5. shawo - INKLING

6. shellbell - INKLING

7. Caffline - INKLING

8. Elundor - INKLING

9. @tessa.

800px-S2_Ruins_of_Ark_Polaris_Promo_Image1.jpg

?????
hacker.png
Grizzco Industries
is on its last legs...
Agent, make sure these inklings
have stolen their last eggs.
You will not survive on our turf,
isolated in the Ruins of Ark Polaris.

You cannot COLLECT GOLDEN EGGS today, because there will be no tomorrow.

One player must be voted out. (No elim is no longer a voting option.)

Dang...

Well ig i'll do some isoing

Also shawo i'm sorry for the miselim man :(

Betsy you didn't collect (right?), so any ability info? Ig it doesn't really help either way but still-

Ngl part of me was hoping to be splatted because I hate being in f3 and making ✨decisions with consequences✨ but uh if i mess up sorry :(

Last edited:
Well, as caffline didn't answer my question (which I admit was last minute) and shawo died, I decided to go ahead and put on my matcha jacket, and use my ninja squid ability to check tessa overnight. I got back "no action". So, I believe it's ghost, as I don't see any way tessa could mess with my ability.

I do plan on looking thru iso and seeing if there is anything that could have been done, but I think maybe shawo was right, and that was possibly why he was so resistant to collecting the egg, as he would have been voted out.

Why did you check me over ghost (or caff?)
Caff didn't egg, and so I would have gotten back a bad result. I also suggested she check me. I figured if she checked me, and I checked you, it was a better chance one of us would have info.

Also, if we both ended up checking you, two of us out of the three would have had to croak to have no results.

Dang...

Well ig i'll do some isoing

Also shawo i'm sorry for the miselim man :(

Betsy you didn't collect (right?), so any ability info? Ig it doesn't really help either way but still-

Ngl part of me was hoping to be splatted because I hate being in f3 and making ✨decisions with consequences✨ but uh if i mess up sorry :(

Well, it's christmas, and we're all in misery...

Yeah I was a bit bothered by your splatnet thing. In Misty's role pm reveal, the splatnet thing said it could be used by maf. And ngl, ghost is really good at begging. He was set to be voted off yesterday, but then got people to switch to shawo with just the all caps it's not me, it's shawo thing. But ghosts play is different this game, and he voted no elim with b100 d1.

I don't have any direct evidence it's ghost, but I know it's not you.

Last edited:
Back