• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

small joys / lil things that make you happy?

when you get under the blanket and the room temperature is just right and you just get instantly cozy... you know the feeling, that's bliss

books
candles (esp if they have wooden wicks, oooh)
when i call my dog's name and hear their paws pitter-pattering otw to me
when someone sends you smthn nice/cute/funny and they say "this reminded me of you!"

This is super cute, I’ll give it a try!

Seeing someone else’s face light up from a compliment (especially a guy, we don’t compliment men enough)
Having someone appreciate my hard work
Walking by a newly-mowed lawn
Walking along the beach
Seeing dolphins in the waves

books
candles (esp if they have wooden wicks, oooh)
when i call my dog's name and hear their paws pitter-pattering otw to me
when someone sends you smthn nice/cute/funny and they say "this reminded me of you!"
Yesss to the candles with wooden wicks. We always had them in my house growing up and I will always love them! They're like a mini fireplace, with the crackling sound! :love:

-Coming home to sleep in my own bed after being away for a few days
-Watering my plants
-Seeing new buds/flowers/growth on my plants
-Buying more plants
-Blankets straight out of the dryer
-Snuggling with my dog on my off days
-When people compliment my hair
-When people compliment anythin I made, whether art, bracelets, somethin I crafted, ect...
-Warm cookies
-Smelling candles
-Big. Squishy. Soft. Cat stuffed animals.
-Dolphin stuffed animals
-Squishy and soft stuffed animals
-Basically I really like stuffed animals

I forgot so many. Here are more of mine.

-The smell of earth after rain.
-Essential oils in a diffuser assaulting your nostrils after a long day at work.
-Staying at your parents’ house for the first time in years after a “down” in life and smelling mom’s breakfast cooking like you’re 8 and it is a Saturday.
-Random beautiful sunsets that put you in your place and make you realize you are life’s b***h and it is truly ok.
-Hearing Fireflies by Owl City unexpectedly after many years of not even thinking about the song or group.

- My dog's joyfully wagging tail.
- When my dog cuddles up to me.
- Opening a brand new book for the first time.
- Waking up in the morning and realizing I can go back to sleep.
- Looking up at the stars on a clear and peaceful night.
- When my husband does something sweet and unexpected.
- A favorite song playing on the radio at just the right time.
- The smell of honeysuckle in the spring.
- A long, hot shower after a stressful day.

my cats -- especially the one who knows her name + comes when i call
fresh sheets
flowers after a ****ty day
hugs
breaking in new books/the smell of new books
eucalyptus epsom salt
unplanned dates
when people are kind/nice convos with strangers

There are many things but I can't think of them at the back of my head, sorta live life at the moment and enjoy the little things :giggle: Some common ones that I tend to enjoy:

- The smell of books (new and old). I still buy books and never fail to visit a bookstore when I see one.
- The smell of freshly-brewed tea.
- Playing with my cats and dogs.
- Waking up after a satisfying sleep (uninterrupted 7 to 8 hours sleep).

-Having my cat sleep in the same bed with me (he doesn't like cuddling so he sleeps at the edge!)
-Digging small holes in sand at the beach
-My mom talking about what she has planted in her garden
-Obtaining a new DIY in AC
-Watching minecraft livestreams
-Smelling candles at stores knowing very well you aren’t going to buy any
-Eating chicken nuggets haha

- when my cat claws at me on accident then immediately apologizes by bowing (who can get mad at wittle tiny teacup)

- the sound of my neighbors in philippines having fun doing karaoke when i’m trying to sleep

- when the sky turns pink / purple / orange—ish

- the rush of adrenaline when i almost die

- being dumb in vr chat

- watching pewdiepie (watching him growing up taught me eng + i love watching people grow ;; imagine doing videos for years & still ballin)

Not to be gay but when my crush laughs its honestly the greatest thing on the planet. Like they have this sorta traditionally ugly laugh but to me its like- thats you! Thats truly you being happy and there's nothing more heartwarming or adorable than that!!!

- Animals just being happy to see you
- Getting smiles from babies at work
- Getting a coworker to really flash a smile (I don’t know how to explain it better, just like a genuine appreciation kind of smile?)
- Getting told hey this reminded me of you

• Right before it starts getting really cold, having those two weeks of brisk air all day is wonderful!
  • Sitting near the lit fire pit in my backyard when it's cold outside, bonus points for making smores
  • The smell of hot coffee in the mornings
  • My fur babies sleeping
  • When you randomly remember a word or thing you had completely forgotten about
  • Finally finding something you've been looking for
  • Having breakfast with friends (pre-covid)

The little things bring me the most happiness. 🥰

When I see puppies or when someone sends me pictures/gifs of puppies

Certain sounds. E.g.: wind chimes – especially bamboo, the sound of water slapping against a dock, and the sound of a lawn mower running on a Saturday morning

When someone starts a conversation with no ulterior motive other than genuinely wanting to chat. Thank you ❤

Eating a home cooked meal or making pancakes for dinner. I love breakfast for dinner

Waking up on a Saturday thinking it’s a workday but then realize it’s not

Wrapping up in a blanket with pillows, plushies, and a cozy blanket while playing a solid RPG or farming sim.

Seeing small acts of kindness (both online and IRL)

When someone shares something they think I’d enjoy (e.g.: game announcement, article)

Seeing and hearing others laugh

Sending someone a letter, card, or thank you note

Roasting marshmallows and making smores outdoors

Getting something unexpected in the mail (but not a surprise bill!)

-Listening to music I haven't heard in like a year
-My cat purring
-Chocolate
-Pizza with cheese stuffed crust
-Eggnog
-Day dreaming
-Going to thrift stores (Does this count as little...?)

Back