Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Sonic Rush 3 is looking really good.
>_>

Well, even if it was Sonic Rush 3, I'd be happy, since I love the Rush series. =3
I'm just saying, it looks more like a Rush game than a Sonic Genesis game.
^ I have to agree with this.

So far it's not looking too good.

Hopefully that'll change :T

Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
WHADDA*censored.3.0*

Why the new fagget Sonic look? @__@
54px-Sonicunleashed.png
<big><big><big><big><big><big><big><big><big><</big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big>
98px-Sonic_11.png
free of charge fix

And this actually looks pretty pleasing, it's a mix between 2D and 3D, I think I may download it
How could you possibly prefer something so ugly over something so...not ugly?! >_>

And don't mess with my posts. >_> *Fixes*

54px-Sonicunleashed.png
<big><big><big><big><big><big><big><big><big><</big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big>
98px-Sonic_11.png
I'd prefer a sprite then some poorly made 3D model

And why would you decide that just because it's 2D it's ugly, that's terribly a lie hurr

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Sonic Rush 3 is looking really good.
>_>

Well, even if it was Sonic Rush 3, I'd be happy, since I love the Rush series. =3
I'm just saying, it looks more like a Rush game than a Sonic Genesis game.
Um...no it isn't. Not at all. There's no Blaze, no Boost, no cutscenes except for the ending (just confirmed), Super Sonic will be playable throughout whole stages, not just the final boss, etc. It's a modern day Genesis game, not a Rush game. >_> I'd prefer a Rush game to it, though.

Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Master Crash said:
WHADDA*censored.3.0*

Why the new fagget Sonic look? @__@
54px-Sonicunleashed.png
98px-Sonic_11.png
free of charge fix

And this actually looks pretty pleasing, it's a mix between 2D and 3D, I think I may download it
How could you possibly prefer something so ugly over something so...not ugly?! >_>

54px-Sonicunleashed.png
<big><big><big><big><big><big><big><big><big>></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big>
98px-Sonic_11.png

And why would you decide that just because it's 2D it's ugly, that's terribly a lie hurr
I'm talking about character design, not sprites and models. In game, Sonic doesn't look horrible like he did in old artwork. But his 3D models were never bad, either, except maybe in Sonic Adventure, lol.

Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
54px-Sonicunleashed.png
98px-Sonic_11.png
free of charge fix

54px-Sonicunleashed.png
<big><big><big><big><big><big><big><big><big>></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big></big>
98px-Sonic_11.png

I'm talking about character design, not sprites and models. In game, Sonic doesn't look horrible like he did in old artwork. But his 3D models were never bad, either, except maybe in Sonic Adventure, lol.
Well, the 2D artwork (i'll agree) does look... errr displeasing, but in terms of the games, 2D wins

Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
54px-Sonicunleashed.png
98px-Sonic_11.png

54px-Sonicunleashed.png
98px-Sonic_11.png

Well, the 2D artwork (i'll agree) does look... errr displeasing, but in terms of the games, 2D wins
In your opinion.

To me, 3D Sonic is much better. He actually has character to him.

Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
54px-Sonicunleashed.png
98px-Sonic_11.png
54px-Sonicunleashed.png
98px-Sonic_11.png

In your opinion.

His character is lame.

Overly cocky and thinking he's so awesome with his trademark smile and his copyrighted thumbs up whenever something epic (to him) happens.

I'd prefer him as a soulless 2D sprite hopping on a crab and avoiding spikes

Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
54px-Sonicunleashed.png
98px-Sonic_11.png
54px-Sonicunleashed.png
98px-Sonic_11.png
In your opinion.

His character is lame.

Overly cocky and thinking he's so awesome with his trademark smile and his copyrighted thumbs up whenever something epic (to him) happens.

If you prefer an short, fat, emotionless sprite, then so be it. I prefer a 3D Sonic with attitude.

Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
54px-Sonicunleashed.png
98px-Sonic_11.png
54px-Sonicunleashed.png
98px-Sonic_11.png
In your opinion.

His character is lame.

If you prefer an short, fat, emotionless sprite, then so be it. I prefer a 3D Sonic with attitude.
Well, don't deny that if you knew someone with that character, you'd dislike him.

But yeah, I prefer him as a short fat emotionless guy.

Also, any more footage for this game? It looks really good

Sonic has always had attitude.
<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width="250" height="250" data='http://www.youtube.com/v/-VOOPJ8qP5I'>
<param name='AllowScriptAccess' value='never' />
<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />
<param name='movie' value='http://www.youtube.com/v/-VOOPJ8qP5I' /><param name='play' value='true' />
<param name='loop' value='true' /><param name='quality' value='high' /></object>

Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
Tyeforce said:
Ellis le Scout said:
54px-Sonicunleashed.png
98px-Sonic_11.png
54px-Sonicunleashed.png
98px-Sonic_11.png
In your opinion.

His character is lame.

Well, don't deny that if you knew someone with that character, you'd dislike him.

But yeah, I prefer him as a short fat emotionless guy.

Also, any more footage for this game? It looks really good
What do you mean by "if you knew someone with that character, you'd dislike him"?

Megamannt125 said:
Sonic has always had attitude.
<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width="250" height="250" data='http://www.youtube.com/v/-VOOPJ8qP5I'>
<param name='AllowScriptAccess' value='never' />
<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />
<param name='movie' value='http://www.youtube.com/v/-VOOPJ8qP5I' /><param name='play' value='true' />
<param name='loop' value='true' /><param name='quality' value='high' /></object>
NOT THE HORRIBLE VOICE ACTING! NO!! D:

And even so, that's not canon. The ugly old official artwork is more canon than that.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
The gameplay is rush esque.
It's much more Genesis-esque, though. >_>
From what we've seen it's not, it looks like this Sonic game relies on Sonic running than platforming.

People don't realize that the Genesis games were more about platforming than him running everywhere.

Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
From what we've seen it's not, it looks like this Sonic game relies on Sonic running than platforming.

People don't realize that the Genesis games were more about platforming than him running everywhere.
You've seen less than a minute of gameplay, and an alpha version of the game, at that. >_>

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:

You've seen less than a minute of gameplay, and an alpha version of the game, at that. >_>
People that have played it said it played like a Rush game. And Dimps is the one that made it so it'd make sense for it to be like Rush, it's easier to stick with what you know.

Also if there is too little gameplay footage to make a judgment on what the game is like, how are you so sure it's a Genesis-esque game?

Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:

People that have played it said it played like a Rush game. And Dimps is the one that made it so it'd make sense for it to be like Rush, it's easier to stick with what you know.

Also if there is too little gameplay footage to make a judgment on what the game is like, how are you so sure it's a Genesis-esque game?
Just because Dimps is making it doesn't mean it will be like Sonic Rush. >_> And the one person who played it was a very biased, modern Sonic hater. Of course his opinion on the game is going to be negative if it has even the slightest resemblance to newer games in it. Also, he played an alpha version of the game, so don't expect the finished game to play the same. And it's much more Genesis-esque from the information that we know; just look at the first post.

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:

Just because Dimps is making it doesn't mean it will be like Sonic Rush. >_> And the one person who played it was a very biased, modern Sonic hater. Of course his opinion on the game is going to be negative if it has even the slightest resemblance to newer games in it. Also, he played an alpha version of the game, so don't expect the finished game to play the same. And it's much more Genesis-esque from the information that we know; just look at the first post.
Nonetheless, I find him a more reliable source than anything Sega says about it, so until more reliable information pops up I am standing by my stance.

Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:

Nonetheless, I find him a more reliable source than anything Sega says about it, so until more reliable information pops up I am standing by my stance.
Why do you say that? He gave a biased review of an alpha version of the game, and it still hasn't been 100% confirmed that everything he said is true. He could have made up most of it for all we know. He provided no proof.

Back