Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I

Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepbadnotdirectly after Sonic 3 & Knuckles. In fact, it can't
It's never been called a direct sequel. It's just a sequel. The Intro on the official site only recaps Sonic 1 through Sonic 3 & Knuckles, because Sonic 4 is part of the numbered Sonic games. The Intro completely leaves out Sonic CD and all the Game Gear games that took place alongside the numbered games. That's not saying that they never happened, just that their plots don't concern this game.
"Sega is positioning it as a direct sequel to Sonic & Knuckles for the Sega Genesis"

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/02/sega-reveals-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-coming-this-summer.ars

Trust me, everywhere says it a direct sequel.
Those aren't Sega's exact words, though. It's just the media interpreting it.
The plot takes off RIGHT after the Death Egg is destroyed in Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

I don't see why you're trying to deny it coming right after that game, or why you even care that it does.

Give me evidence as to why it's not a direct sequel.
Sega hasn't said that. Yes, it takes place after the Death Egg was destroyed in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but it doesn't have to take directly after it. There can be games in between, and Sonic Pocket Adventure is proof of that. That and the fact that the intro leaves out Sonic CD and the other games is your evidence.

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepbadnotdirectly after Sonic 3 & Knuckles. In fact, it can'tdirect sequel. It's just a sequel. The Intro on the official site only recaps Sonic 1 through Sonic 3 & Knuckles, because Sonic 4 is part of the numbered Sonic games. The Intro completely leaves out Sonic CD and all the Game Gear games that took place alongside the numbered games. That's not saying that they never happened, just that their plots don't concern this game.
"Sega is positioning it as a direct sequel to Sonic & Knuckles for the Sega Genesis"

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/02/sega-reveals-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-coming-this-summer.ars

The plot takes off RIGHT after the Death Egg is destroyed in Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

I don't see why you're trying to deny it coming right after that game, or why you even care that it does.

Sega hasn't said that. Yes, it takes place after the Death Egg was destroyed in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but it doesn't have to take directly after it. There can be games in between, and Sonic Pocket Adventure is proof of that. That and the fact that the intro leaves out Sonic CD and the other games is your evidence.
While the whole Sega not saying it is a plausible reason, the fact that it's called a direct sequel by pretty much everyone leads me to believe so and unless Sega themselves say that that information is wrong, I will take it as fact.

Just out of curiosity what did Sega that everyone took out of context supposedly?

Also your reasoning with Robotnik's clothes is flimsy, he's wearing the clothes introduced in Pocket Adventures because that's his look now, nothing more than that.

Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepbadnotdirectly after Sonic 3 & Knuckles. In fact, it can'tdirecthttp://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/02/sega-reveals-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-coming-this-summer.ars

While the whole Sega not saying it is a plausible reason, the fact that it's called a direct sequel by pretty much everyone leads me to believe so and unless Sega themselves say that that information is wrong, I will take it as fact.

Just out of curiosity what did Sega that everyone took out of context supposedly?

Also your reasoning with Robotnik's clothes is flimsy, he's wearing the clothes introduced in Pocket Adventures because that's his look now, nothing more than that.
I think you're mistaken about Sonic Pocket Adventure. That game was released shortly after Sonic Adventure, the game where Eggman (and everyone else) got their new design. But Sonic Pocket Adventure played and looked like the Genesis games, and Eggman even had his original clothes throughout the game, until the final level, where he changes his clothes to match his Sonic Adventure look. Since Eggman isn't wearing his old clothes in Sonic 4, it can be assumed that it comes after Sonic Pocket Adventure.

Maybe Sega will screw with continuity and say that it's a direct sequel, but until they do that, I'm sticking to the most logical assumption.

Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deepbadnotdirectly after Sonic 3 & Knuckles. In fact, it can'tdirecthttp://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/02/sega-reveals-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-coming-this-summer.ars

I think you're mistaken about Sonic Pocket Adventure. That game was released shortly after Sonic Adventure, the game where Eggman (and everyone else) got their new design. But Sonic Pocket Adventure played and looked like the Genesis games, and Eggman even had his original clothes throughout the game, until the final level, where he changes his clothes to match his Sonic Adventure look. Since Eggman isn't wearing his old clothes in Sonic 4, it can be assumed that it comes after Sonic Pocket Adventure.

Maybe Sega will screw with continuity and say that it's a direct sequel, but until they do that, I'm sticking to the most logical assumption.
Haha, alright, it's not like continuity matters in these types of games anyway, so I guess we're free to believe what we want.

Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:
Tyeforce said:
Rawburt said:

Haha, alright, it's not like continuity matters in these types of games anyway, so I guess we're free to believe what we want.
Yeah, the chronology doesn't matter as much as the gameplay does, but you know me... XD I'm very serious about the Zelda timeline, and although the Sonic timeline isn't nearly as complex, it's still fun to find the true order of the games to me. =p

Just cause of this, I've started playing Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 again. But still, I want to get this. Looks good.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>New leaked screenshot!</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
sonic4newscreen.jpg
</div>

Josh. said:
Tyeforce said:
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>New leaked screenshot!</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
sonic4newscreen.jpg
</div>
Ah, Bringing back the oldies.
Looks pretty good, but Eggman looks... bad to me.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Another one:</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
192168169image4.jpg
</div>

It's looking pretty nice... =3

Tyeforce said:
Blue Cup said:
Cel-shading is great when used properly, like in Wind Waker and Mega Man X7. This isn't one of those times.
I think it fits quite well...
Sonic looks ugly as hell along with Eggman here, how can you say it fits quite well?

Back