• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Still Need to Buy a 3DS?

Fjoora

Artist Extraordinaire
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Voodoo Doll
Pink Hybrid Lily
Red Lily
Tasty Cake
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
森
ぶ
の
ど
う
Anyone still waiting on getting a 3DS? Well, I was just in GameStop today and asked about pricing. A used 3DS runs for $159.99 while a new 3DS runs for $169.99. Here's the kicker: while the new 3DS comes with a 4GB SD card, when the used 3DS is turned in, they separate the card from the 3DS to be sold separately. Spend the extra $10 if you're considering buying from GameStop.

If anyone has anything else to add, I'd love to learn about some local pricing.

This is why I don't buy used stuff from Gamestop. Only $10 savings? And then taking out the SD card? Really? *sigh*

I try to buy everything new, I don't really like buying used things to be honest.

im an upper middle class douche bag who refuses to use a product tampered with by someone else beforehand so this wont be a problem for me as i buy everything new anyways :)

im an upper middle class douche bag who refuses to use a product tampered with by someone else beforehand so this wont be a problem for me as i buy everything new anyways :)

oright m8

I didn't really have a need for a 3DS until NL was announced. And now that there's a limited edition bundle, that's what I'm getting. Does it come with an AC adapter / charger? My brother was saying it doesn't when he was checking it out and I haven't checked it out myself.

oright m8

I didn't really have a need for a 3DS until NL was announced. And now that there's a limited edition bundle, that's what I'm getting. Does it come with an AC adapter / charger? My brother was saying it doesn't when he was checking it out and I haven't checked it out myself.

Im rich and perfect

The EU version doesn't come with a charger, but every other regions does.

Best Buy has New 3DS XLs for $179.99, I showed the guy at Gamestop the website on my phone and he lowered their price ($199.99) to match Best Buy. If you're interested in an XL, go another $20 and upgrade from the standard 3DS.

The EU version doesn't come with a charger, but every other regions does.

I'm getting the bundle and I asked Gamestop about the charger and they said they're gonna give it to me for free. :p

xl is $199 where i live... $159 for original, i believe?
this is walmart.

Well, I was working on purchasing a regular 3DS for my sister, so I checked on Amazon and got a brand new pink 3DS for $139!

Im buying an XL on Tuesday and it should be about $199. We get the charger with them but the XL's don't have the docking cradle like the normal 3DS. Does anyone know where I can buy one for XL? I see them on ebay for $20 but that is too much for just a thing of plastic.

Im buying an XL on Tuesday and it should be about $199. We get the charger with them but the XL's don't have the docking cradle like the normal 3DS. Does anyone know where I can buy one for XL? I see them on ebay for $20 but that is too much for just a thing of plastic.

idg why anyone would want one anyway

For North America, Nintendo is selling refurbished consoles. 3DS: $129.99 It includes a one year warranty. There's no XLs though.
Link

I use mine every night its simpler then plugging it in, you just place it on the docking station.

Best Buy has New 3DS XLs for $179.99, I showed the guy at Gamestop the website on my phone and he lowered their price ($199.99) to match Best Buy. If you're interested in an XL, go another $20 and upgrade from the standard 3DS.

We're actually not supposed to price match, so you're very lucky on that! :eek: I work at Gamestop and have had this come up several times, and we've always told them no, so if you're planning on doing this, don't go in expecting it please!

store.nintendo.com should have the XL cradles for you.

We're actually not supposed to price match, so you're very lucky on that! :eek: I work at Gamestop and have had this come up several times, and we've always told them no, so if you're planning on doing this, don't go in expecting it please!

The last time I went to Gamestop to get a 3DS they wouldn't, but yesterday I went and the guy there said he could do it. That was for the 3DSXL I bought for my sister, for mine I went to Wal-mart and they price matched for me. Lol So if Gamestop won't price match, you can always go to Wal-mart. :)

Back