Stories in the Shadows (Melon Ballers and Crystal Ballers Cabins)

IMG_20210814_122044.jpg

Late at night, you better be careful about where you step.
You run around and you didn't see it, but that huge spider is now after you. I hope your net was already out.

IMG_20210814_122021.jpg

My shadow is the Flatwoods Monster.

At 7:15 PM on September 12, 1952, a bright object passed through the sky and landed on a farm in Flatwoods, West Virginia. This was witnessed by brothers Edward and Fred May and their friend Tommy Hyer. The boys returned to the May family home and informed Kathleen May, Edward and Fred's mother, about what they had seen. Kathleen contacted and enlisted the aid of West Virginia National Guardsman Eugene Lemon who led Kathleen, the three boys, and two other local children named Neil Nunley and Ronnie Shaver, toward the farm to determine what had fallen.

On their way, upon reaching the top of a hill, the group reportedly saw a pulsing red light. Guardsman Lemon, in the process of aiming his flashlight toward the pulsing red light, revealed an approximately 10 foot tall "man-like figure with a round, red face surrounded by a pointed, hood-like shape." It also had eye-like shapes which emitted greenish-orange light and its body was dark black or green. Kathleen reported that the monster had "small, claw-like hands", had clothing-like folds, and that the head portion resembled an ace of spades. The group claimed there was a nauseating "pungent mist" in the area as well. The monster made a hissing sound and glided toward the group, which caused Guardsman Lemon to scream and drop his flashlight which caused the group to flee the scene.

Modern theories suggest that the bright object was a meteor and that the monster may have just been a barn owl. Perhaps. Though, how then do you explain this shadow?

MjQ1AW8.png

Items Used: A heart figurine, an empty Gatorade bottle, duct tape, q-tips, and toothpicks
IdYI3x6.png

E8wkNBwXEActnT1

Of all the cretures hiding in the woods, none are scarier than the unique, the spookiest, the fearless.... Jack?! Is that you?!

I guess even the pumpkin czar of Hallowe'en needs a holiday every now and again, with a summer frock to air those dusty legs(?) out. I wouldn't expect him to be anywhere other than a spooky haunted woods. At least we can trick or treat in August!

E8wkNZWWQAUQ1TJ

I used lots of socks/ small blankets tied up with elastic bands to make the pumpkin shape
The arms are made of sharpies
The body is a flower pot (don't judge his summer frock okay?!)
I made the 'trick or treat' sign out of hot glue and a stick!

This shadow is something out of Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky. It might be a resting Jubjub bird or some other creature living in the Jabberwocky's forest. Whatever it is, I get the feeling that staring into its eyes for too long is a bad idea!
Shadow.jpg
Creation.jpg
Created using soooo many scrunchies, a watering can, a hair clip, scissors, rubber bands, a piece of a fake plant, and a stress ball.

Everyone’s worst nightmare in Animal Crossing and definitely not something you would want to see on a camping trip… a Scorpion! 🦂
scorpion-cozyvillager1.png

I thought it would be fun to use materials you would most likely have while camping, so I used my flashlight, tripod, hair ties, bread clips, and seashells! 😃
scorpion-cozyvillager2-png.391609

Attachments

• scorpion-cozyvillager2.png
    scorpion-cozyvillager2.png
    1 MB · Views: 213
Here is my creation. A giant, vampire fuzzy duck!
Screenshot_20210814-133713_Gallery.jpg

It looked bigger at nighttime, I swear it....
I used: a spray bottle and some fall feathery decorations for the top, hairclips for the "fangs", and a fuzzy ball in front for the fuzzy duck body. Oh - and the blue fuzzy thingy is my cat's catnip toy (she was not amused).

Screenshot_20210814-134327_Gallery.jpg

Here is my creation. A giant, vampire fuzzy duck!
View attachment 391624

It looked bigger at nighttime, I swear it....
I used: a spray bottle and some fall feathery decorations for the top, hairclips for the "fangs", and a fuzzy ball in front for the fuzzy duck body. Oh - and the blue fuzzy thingy is my cat's catnip toy (she was not amused).

View attachment 391625

I also used the same cat toy and could hear my cat totally losing it behind the door. :ROFLMAO:

I tried making my shadow like a Blupee from botw. I immediately thought about them when I saw some grain plants. They are super mysterious and magical looking. I made it with the bottom of a matryoshka, a make-up brush, a pen cap, the grainplants, a pine cone and some tape.
tumblr_8e690ef91fb91734b4d7e151cd422e6d_79dc8027_1280.png
20210814_204205.jpg

20210814_204508.jpg

E8xuVQrWYAkNQll

I tried to recreate Dark Link from the Legend of Zelda series. Since he is an evil doppelgänger of Link, I hope he can be considered as a monster/creature.

E8xuU2GXsAMJkOP

I used play dough to make the shape and toothpick to keep the pieces together.

i think something is wrong with walle, he won't stop staring at me while i sleep
IMG-8744.jpg

IMG-8746.jpg

i used two boxes of rice, a kleenex box, two paper towel rolls and 2 chopsticks

Last edited:
Because I’m afraid of the dark and wildness ,I need my trusty canine friend by my side for an overnight camping trip!! (I hope it’s obvious that this is a shadow of a dog)

(PS. I have to say this was extremely difficult to do for 1 person while being in quarantine in a hotel. I have to use my hands only because there’s absolutely nothing else around me that I can work with. Taking the pictures were also so hard to do as I don’t have a strong source of light, and had to use two phones to get the lighting AND the camera to work.. oof! Anyway I hope this is acceptable)

500369D3-097C-4A36-A751-A716BF087837.jpeg9A80B845-6B01-4BF2-8F0A-5C18C0B167D7.jpeg

Jellyfish, inspired by the new plush collectibles, they may look cute now but in reality can be painful and scary in the sea.

5354DD55-86B4-469D-B1DC-AF117584B28B.jpeg

Used an old shower cap for the top, filled with a couple of fluffy socks to add some shape. Made tentacles with belts from 3 dressing gowns and folded over and tied together with multiple hair bands. A hair band and tape then tied the shower cap and belts together
4C81A3E9-9EAA-4D23-99AB-8009722C5A81.jpeg

A7FFB7C6-3893-4F07-8654-BD0299D186D1.jpeg

Back