• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

StreetPass Event in SE England anyone?

Nameri

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
There's a Streetpass event in Newcastle referred to in another thread, and there's people from other places wanting to hold one - I'm up for something in London/SE England if anyone else wants to come along?

As with most Streetpass events you can just sashay through and not talk to anyone if you just want to pick up some Streetpass hits, but it's nice to chat to people.

Release date in the UK is a Friday, 14th June. Might be better do it it a week or so later though, just to give people time to get the download/retail copies in case there's a huge rush for them or the postie is late or something.

There are twitters for UK-based Streetpass groups - if we get the ball rolling we can just ask them to publicise?

I have experience of organising shows and things so I'm happy to be the centre, but to be honest this sort of thing is easy peasy as you just pick a nice place where a lot of people can sit together in public. A park or coffee shop or something. I'm not actually in London myself but about 30 minutes train from there, so a Saturday lunchtime would be preferable for me.

Anyone interested? Anyone got any ideas for a good point to meet? Dates that would be preferred? I could set up a Twitter account for it if people think that would be useful.

\edit - It's happening! See Facebook Group/Poster for details. (Hope it's OK to link to these!) Please spread the news...

https://www.facebook.com/events/453602481390350/

941235_10151390046807750_1444212366_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly I don't live in England but it sounds like a great idea, especially as the US are getting their own New Leaf event thingy!

Well, I've set up a Twitter specifically for game-related things @Nameri3DS so people not on forum who might be interested can get in touch.

All we need is a time, day and place... :)

Well, I was thinking central London, purely because it's a transport hub with lots of places to hang out, so the most people will be able to get there. There's already been Streetpass events in London, by the London Eye. So somewhere like that, or perhaps in Leicester Square. It needs to be somewhere small enough that people can find each other, but that there's sufficient room for there to be room for whoever might turn up. Also with a wet-weather indoor option. Probably not a pub for the under 18's that might want to come along.

Is there a Nintendo store or similar in London? Or perhaps one of the larger Game stores or the big HMV near the Trocadero? We might be able to tie in with someone.

Another reason for waiting a bit after launch day is that, with a game like Animal Crossing, we might want some time to personalise our towns a bit before we start swapping them around.

Anyway, I've contacted some of the existing Twitter accounts of streetpass organisers in the UK to see if they want to help out. It won't be too much of a pain to organise. We just need to find a day people can do, and a place and time for them to meet up.

We could start by having some provisional ideas. How about Leicester Square park on Saturday . Maybe 22nd June? I'm not sure if I'm free that day though. Will have to check.

I live in WM, so I can't make it to Newcastle, but if there is some sort of meetup in London, I'd be happy too :)

@dslondon got back to me and sounded interested. I see from their website that they are meeting in a new gaming cafe in Soho somewhere. Apparently a spinoff of somewhere in Falmouth. As long as it's not 18+ it might be good. I think it's near the Trocadero.

If I'm free I'd love to join. -any excuse for a day out to London-

I know there was a small gaming event at Hyde park last Summer, provided you specified which entrance you're near/a map of the park it's a good place for meeting. And definitely better than Soho if you want it all ages. xP

I'd be wary of just being open air with the weather being how it is.

The gamer cafe in London is called Loading Bar. They got back to me promptly. I might go and check it out. They share space on Rupert Street with MADD which seems to be some kind of mango cafe.

There are mango snacks. Very. AC:NL. ;)

OK, Loading seem friendly. That's the gamer cafe in London. They've recently opened their London branch so they seem keen to put events on to get themselves known about in the gamer community. They'd prefer a Sunday though. The possibility of some kind of food/drink deal was mooted. I wonder if we could offer a free tea to every parent dragged along by an under 18? :D

Perhaps we could pencil in Sunday 23rd at noon, location TBC but probably Soho. Either this place in Rupert Street or Leicester Square park, or perhaps the big HMV or similar. Thinking about it I'd prefer a Sunday as there are things I can do of a Sunday evening in London so it would be nice to mix the two.

I'll go and check the place out anyway, hopefully this weekend sometime. Will report back.

That's a great idea, nice of you to get down to organising it! Between this and the Comic Con event, you guys in London are a lucky bunch. Hold up, my company just opened an office in London, perhaps I can wangle a trip haha!

Well, like I said earlier, I have a bit of experience of this kind of thing. Have organised workshops and shows and things. If you have a guaranteed bunch of people who want something, and a place, you're sorted. :D

Well I live in Surrey so I could easily make it to London, though it will depend on the time and place. I like the idea of Leicester Square Park, I must say. I'll keep checking this thread anyway :)

Well, we could always make it something like Leicester Square park in the morning if the weather is nice for anyone that fancies it, and then we move to Loaded for lunch from noon. Then if the weather is pants we can just do the afternoon indoors.

Loading looks nice. It's just up from Piccadilly Circus. Lots of game machines dotted about. I'm watching a couple of lads playing what looks like Mortal Kombat. There's a downstairs also. And I got a StreetPass that unlocked me the ACNL puzzle, which is a good omen. :)

I'll have a chat with the boss to check details etc but I'm aiming at noon on Sunday 23rd June. Get your houses all smartened up for then. :)

It's happening! See Facebook Group/Poster for details. (Hope it's OK to link to these!) Please spread the news...

Loading were very friendly - they've got an upstairs and downstairs, lots of Wiis around to play with, retro game tables, very decadent cake. Happy to host us as long as people buy a drink or something, which seems fair enough to me.

https://www.facebook.com/events/453602481390350/

941235_10151390046807750_1444212366_n.jpg

Back