• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

StreetPass Event in SE England anyone?

I think that might be a parental responsibility thing; so if you're tearing around being a prat they can blame someone. But 17 is near 18 enough to be responsible for your own actions IMHO. And I am CRB checked. ;)

Re Mechandise; maybe. I'll ask the chap at Nintendo if they are intending to bring anything to sell. Other than that, food and drink money. It is central London so reasonably pricey.

Hehe, I had a CRB (Or DBS as they call it now) check on Saturday for my library volunteering! I believe my friends and I can be sensible :)

Okay, I'll bring extra money just in case there is some merchandise and I think my friends are paying for their own food and stuff :) I don't think I have anymore questions now! :p

I think that you should all rearrange this meet up to take place in Brighton. That way I'd be able to come and not have to face my fear of trains! Just sayin'

Right, I just had a meeting with a nice man from Nintendo. There won't be a stall selling things, but they are going to arrange for there to be some decor, and things we can use for prizes. So we may well have something like a multiplayer tournament or a fishing competition on the day for whatever they rustle up for us. :D

He also let me have a look at his XL. With New Leaf on it. Ohhhh it does look good on the big screen. I may well have to change my preorder to the bundle...

Right, I just had a meeting with a nice man from Nintendo. There won't be a stall selling things, but they are going to arrange for there to be some decor, and things we can use for prizes. So we may well have something like a multiplayer tournament or a fishing competition on the day for whatever they rustle up for us. :D

He also let me have a look at his XL. With New Leaf on it. Ohhhh it does look good on the big screen. I may well have to change my preorder to the bundle...

I am all of the jealous right now. Can't wait for this!

Just a non-subtle bump for this- looking forward to meeting you all- and having a ball!

Should be good fun! As I say, Nintendo are helping out, and all they want in return is some nice photos of people playing the game and having fun, so I will be bringing my posh camera. Of course, if you've pulled a sicky to be there and don't want to be in the photos just tell me. :D

I was slightly worried about having prizes for a fishing competition or multiplayer tournament or similar falling foul of UK gambling laws - games of chance and so on - but I think we're clear as long as you don't have to pay to enter and there is an element of skill involved, so I might work on a little quiz that you have to do first to enter (not too difficult, I promise!). Just to make sure everything is above-board.

I just ordered the XL bundle. I shall doubtless get no sleep and be licking the window of the shop at 9 am. Then I have to transfer my old 3DS onto the XL. Then I have to go to work. AAAARGH.

Latest news; all being well, Nintendo will be sending us some goodies. So there will be competition prizes (hopefully some eShop vouchers) and also a little something to give away to the first 100 lucky persons to arrive. I'm not expecting that many, but we're ready for them if they are.

I'm intending holding the competition bits between 2pm and 3pm with prizegiving ASAP after 3pm, so that's the time to be there, although you can drop in before/afterwards. I'm probably going to stick around until at least 5 pm myself.

O: Animal Crossing related little somethings? And I imagine once the games out there might be a small surge of people joining. *excited* :D

Is there an official start time? I see it says 12 on facebook but there's no other mention. - and no mention on this thread.

I might be able to get there in time! I work on Sunday mornings and it takes nearly 3 hours to get to London. o.o

Will have to see, and yes a confirmation of the start time would be nice! :)

Latest news; all being well, Nintendo will be sending us some goodies. So there will be competition prizes (hopefully some eShop vouchers) and also a little something to give away to the first 100 lucky persons to arrive. I'm not expecting that many, but we're ready for them if they are.

I'm intending holding the competition bits between 2pm and 3pm with prizegiving ASAP after 3pm, so that's the time to be there, although you can drop in before/afterwards. I'm probably going to stick around until at least 5 pm myself.

I will be there before 12 and leave after 5pm :D.

Hah you can help me set up and tidy up then! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

O: Animal Crossing related little somethings? And I imagine once the games out there might be a small surge of people joining. *excited* :D

Is there an official start time? I see it says 12 on facebook but there's no other mention. - and no mention on this thread.

I think it says on the virtual poster on the first post in the thread.

I'll be there a bit early to set up no doubt, but officially we start at noon. I think the cafe is open from 11 but I'm not 100% sure.

As I say, the real business starts at 2pm, just so people have a chance to arrive, settle down, ask questions and so on.

Don't expect there to be XL Bundle giveaways or anything, but there will be drink vouchers, there will be eShop vouchers as prizes, there will be AC-themed room decor, and the first 100 will get an exclusive (I think A3 size) poster each; I am assured that there will be only 1,000 of these posters printed EVER as they are being done especially for the UK Streetpass events. So bring a bag to roll it up in. :)

Last edited:
I'm booking my tickets for me and my friend tonight and I'm gonna get a travelcard to make getting to you guys quicker, so we should be with you just after 11 and we don't mind helping set up and stuff :)

I doubt there'll be that much to do, other than sit around playing on 3DS' so people know they're in the right place. :)

Im hoping to be there before 12 as well and stay as long as possible. Think we should bring our chargers lol

Is there a GAME shop near to the venue? If there is I might pick up the guide book just before or after the event...

Back