• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Streetpass is worthless for me.

I live in Las Vegas, and when I was going to school on campus, I received several street passes from the same people every week, which I liked. It levels them up in find Mii. Since then, I take it with me to work and any other errands, especially shopping. I usually get several street passes. Especially if I go to one of the outlet malls which has mostly tourists in it. So far since I have had the game, I have 5 homes in my showcase. I don't usually travel all over the valley, usually just within 30 miles from my home. Las Vegas itself is not very large, although I don't know the population. Most of my streetpasses are also from locals with a few from other parts of US and other countries (tourists).

Fany packs are for gay people?? that's a little offensive don't you think?
There isn't any reason to be talking like that.
That's really offensive. Be more considerate about your posts.

How is it offensive? Is a fanny pack a bad thing? Is it bad for gay people to wear a fanny pack? Maybe I just don't want to look like a gay person when I'm not. I want to look like my self.

EDIT: I'm not accusing gay people of doing a bad thing... Is it offensive to say guys kissing guys is for gay people?

Last edited:
How is it offensive? Is a fanny pack a bad thing? Is it bad for gay people to wear a fanny pack? Maybe I just don't want to look like a gay person when I'm not. I want to look like my self.

EDIT: I'm not accusing gay people of doing a bad thing... Is it offensive to say guys kissing guys is for gay people?

It is offensive because you are generalizing and stereotyping. EVERYONE wears fanny packs. Its a bad fashion statement at its most to some people, but the comment is offensive because you are making a judgement (an incorrect one at that) and it is not anyone's place to, nor is this the sort of place for someone to make it.

Last edited:
I've streetpassed with a friend of mine who has ACNL and she comes over my town often and vice versa. But yet she hasn't shown up in my HH showcase. And I understand the frustration as well. The only rare ones I do end up street passing with sadly never have ACNL. :(

I've streetpassed with a friend of mine who has ACNL and she comes over my town often and vice versa. But yet she hasn't shown up in my HH showcase. And I understand the frustration as well. The only rare ones I do end up street passing with sadly never have ACNL. :(

Does she also have the showcase unlocked? I believe this has to be done on both players' parts, as well as speaking to Digby (is that his name?) to get the function turned on.

Also, you mentioned she comes over, but is it through local (you two are within range of eachother?), or through wifi? The only way you will streetpass is if you are actually within range of one another, and I also believe your ds has to be shut, but I am not entirely sure on that.

Does she also have the showcase unlocked? I believe this has to be done on both players' parts, as well as speaking to Digby (is that his name?) to get the function turned on.

Also, you mentioned she comes over, but is it through local (you two are within range of eachother?), or through wifi? The only way you will streetpass is if you are actually within range of one another, and I also believe your ds has to be shut, but I am not entirely sure on that.

Yeah, you will only StreetPass if you hold the power button into StreetPass mode and shut it.

There's nothing wrong with looking or being gay, perhaps you should just be a little more accepting of people. Instead of shooting your mouth, you've been told once and I'm telling you again, cut it out.

Honestly, I haven't even really considered the potential problem with the StreetPass feature. The city I live in has roughly 150,000 people, and I fear that I might be hard-pressed to find someone who has both "New Leaf" and the StreetPass feature activated.

What might alleviate my problem, however - if there are even any actual achievements to gain through StreetPass - is that I know a couple of people of whom I know that they possess and actively play that game. So, I think it should be entirely possible to do some "StreetPass-ing" there.

Or may I be mistaken there?

Yeah, you will only StreetPass if you hold the power button into StreetPass mode and shut it.

Sorry but this is incorrect. Unless you have turned wireless off or have disabled the feature, Street Pass is always on, even while playing a 3DS game. There is also no such thing as a "Street Pass Mode".That screen that shows up when you press the power button is an "Are you sure you want to turn the system off?" screen.

Maybe I just don't want to look like a gay person when I'm not.

What's wrong with looking happy?

Whenever I go to the movies every week I somehow manage to get 1 HH showcase

I live in the Vancouver area. I always take my 3DS out in my purse, and I get the odd streetpass, especially at the mall. Sometimes I have days where I get 5 in one day!

I lived in Japan for almost three months last year, and it was rare to go out and NOT get a streetpass. I collected hundreds of streetpasses during my time in Japan. It was so much fun!

I hear complaints about this all the time, but I get StreetPasses fairly often. I get about one or two a week, all of them always different people. Aside from my girlfriend and my cousin, I've already StreetPassed two random houses for the HH Showcase, also.

It is offensive because you are generalizing and stereotyping. EVERYONE wears fanny packs. Its a bad fashion statement at its most to some people, but the comment is offensive because you are making a judgement (an incorrect one at that) and it is not anyone's place to, nor is this the sort of place for someone to make it.

Yes, it is a bad fashion statement and my dad used to use one haha. I never really thought about a man using a fanny pack or a bag to be a big deal. It's just to hold stuff that you can't put into your pant's pockets.

Yes, it is a bad fashion statement and my dad used to use one haha. I never really thought about a man using a fanny pack or a bag to be a big deal. It's just to hold stuff that you can't put into your pant's pockets.

Really, a man utilizing a fanny pack isn't gay, he's just unfashionable. Resourceful, but unfashionable.

When will they start sending out homes over spotpass?

I live out in the countryside and the last time I went to my countries "big city" it was during the christmas shopping season and I still only got 5 streetpasses.

Any feature with streetpass might as well not exist.

I thought they had started, I had received someone's house who I don't remember StreetPassing with. Doesn't help when they don't show up in my Mii Plaza either.

Oh, the torment. Today I went shopping at our local Uwajimaya, and when I came home, I had a new house in the showcase, belonging to a Japanese player. She had the entire Pave, egg, mermaid, lovely, and modern/mixed wood sets. I knew I couldn't purchase the Pave, mermaid or egg sets- which was fine, because only the Pave set interests me- but I was all ready to order the wood set. But, I couldn't, because apparently you can't sell customized furniture. Well, pewp. :p

Pffff I live in a town of 900 people and I know.. maybe 6 people in the entire town that even have a 3DS. Most of them are younger than... 7. Yeah. I have gotten 3 streetpasses in 3 months by going to one town that has a population of several thousand. Ughh streepass sucks for us.

Back