• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Taylor Swift

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Father's Day Carnation
June Birthstone (Pearl)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
I suppose she's basically the megastar of this generation. What do you think?

Are there any songs that you like from her, albums, indifference, etc?

I'm generally indifferent with a couple of songs that I enjoy. Bad Blood is one of my least favorite songs ever though. I don't like her use of violent imagery to describe a relationship ending. ("bandaids don't fix bullet holes". ("you left a really deep cut"). ("scars on my back from your knife)". Bleh.

stay respectful please.

She was at Wembley not long before I was there. I saw posters of her. That's why I thought of her.

I used to live with a massive Taylor Swift fan, so I'm very familiar with her music despite not being a fan.

There are a few songs of hers I do like though. Notably:
  • The Man
  • London Boy
  • You Need to Calm Down

Love the meaning behind the first and last. London Boy is just fun (I'm British and have spent a lot of time in London (mum is from there) so I'm probably biased!).

I'm not a fan of her music for the most part, although I can understand how some others like it. There's only one song that I semi-like, but only when it's mashed up with another song, lmao.

I’m not a fan, I just don’t see the overhype. Doesn’t mean people can’t like her, just means I don’t like her. I have seen some things she’s done that are cool, like give her crew extra money or surprise fans or something, and that’s nice, but yeah.

I am sorry but I am a swiftie

There are quite a few people who have definitely made the general public soured towards the fan base, but I can say most of us are normal

My favourite song is long live :]

My favourite album is midnights

There are some things she’s done as a person I’m not the hugest fan of but I am a fan of the art not the artist. she’s mostly fine anyways

A lot of her songs are about romance so as an aroace person there’s a lot I don’t relate too but there are a few songs about other things that are genuinely fitting for myself and I love that a lot. Even the romance stuff is enjoyable

Yeah,I like Taylor Swift and a lot of her music.The girl knows how to write a pop song and knows how to present her music in a live performance.I like "Mean","You Belong With Me" and "Shake It Off" is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.

i used to be a big fan, i liked her when i was a lot younger and i still listen to a lot of her music - i went to the eras tour recently and i had a really great time tbh, it was nice being surrounded by so much excitement and just genuinely good vibes from people

ethically i kinda think all billionaire's are gross and i wish she'd do a whole lot more with the platform she has

Not a fan but do like some of her songs. “Blank Space” and “Cruel Summer” are my favs. My son went to the eras tour and absolutely loved it.

i am also echoing disliking her as both an artist and as a person.

as an artist; she's a 34 year old woman who roleplays still being a tragic heartbroken teenager, it's gotten old and unoriginal. now don't get me wrong i like a lot of "iconic" artists who have a formula they stick to because it works, but when you become a grown adult it's time to stop the teenage grift. aside from the lyrical content her music itself is just so... mediocre? there's nothing outstanding about it and you can barely distinguish it from other walmart-playlist hits aside from potentially recognizing her voice. i honestly don't think i'll ever understand how popular she is.

as a person i find her just awful. there is no ethical way to be a billionaire let alone a charitable way. she has one of the largest platforms in the world and doesn't stand up for anything. she has taken zero firm stances on issues that matter aside from a very broad and unimposing idea of "feminism" as a whole. her fans scream about how she "doesn't make her charity donations public" as if that's a good thing and not a way to avoid the responsibility of doing something good with her life.

A tad disappointed she’s not related to Jonathan.

But all seriousness, I’m not really a fan. “Overexposed” springs to mind. Her exaggerated expressions seem very forced and childish. I know people make different faces and stuff, but you aren’t posing for the Scream painting…it’s a football game! The NFL stuff is annoying aside from the fact it put Jason Kelce on my radar. 😍

I still like some of her old songs, like “Love Story” and “You Belong With Me.” Her newer stuff isn’t my cup of tea, and the title “Tortured Poets Department” sounds like a ripoff of “Dead Poets Society.”

I also don’t like how she “somehow” drops albums around the same dates that other female artists do. It feels calculated to me, like she’s the only one allowed to succeed. But could this also be a coincidence? Who knows. We know she’ll never admit to doing it on purpose.

The Marty Healy thing felt…off, but then again, I could be wrong. Maybe she really didn’t know he was racist. But it does feel convenient how she broke up with him as soon as more articles were being put out against him….

Last edited:
I grew up with the songs Love Story and I Knew You Were Trouble, so they have a special place in my heart and are always nostalgic to hear. The former was on my gym teacher’s playlist in elementary school for our roller skating unit, and it also reminds me of rainy days for some reason. The latter was one of my friend and I’s favorite songs in elementary school and she made a parody of it about a math test that we loved and sung together all the time.

In middle school, I listened to a couple songs from 1989 constantly. This partly coincided with a bit of a gloomy time in my life, so it’s not as pleasant to listen to anymore. When I hear Wildest Dreams I feel like I’m right back in my windowless 8th grade math class on a cold day.

Her new stuff I haven’t really heard much of, but everything of it I have heard I don’t really like.

I'm gonna keep it a buck, I don't think there's a musician that irks me more than Taylor Swift. Her music is just not it for me, and like mentioned above, her music is also stagnant and still juvenile to this day. It doesn't help that she's overexposed and her fanbase is very devoted to put it nicely.

I love her music! She's currently one of my favorite artists. When I was younger I listened to her early albums a lot. Teardrops On My Guitar was one of my favorite songs back then, and I'd listen to it on repeat. Then there was a period where I barely listened to her and even thought I disliked her newer music due to songs like Shake It Off. However, last year I started seeing stuff about The Eras Tour, and I saw a lot of people praising her songs and their lyrics, which made me curious, so I decided to listen to some of her newer albums. And there were so many good songs! I think her music kind of reached special interest status for me for awhile last year. I barely listened to any songs that weren't Taylor Swift or in Spanish (because I also started my Spanish learning journey last year) for a good few months. Now, I don't listen quite so intensely and my music listening has become more varied again, the early phase of a special interest is usually the most intense, sometimes practically obsessive, for me, but I do still love her songs. It's also fun tuning into Eras Tour livestreams to see what the surprise songs will be. And seeing other fans so excited and cheering when they hear the songs is wonderful. I love seeing people have fun and be happy.

My favorite albums are Evermore and Folklore. The Tortured Poets Department: The Anthology is probably third. It's hard to pick a favorite song, but some of my current favorites that I've been listening to the most recently are the 1, exile, hoax, right where you left me, marjorie, coney island, gold rush, My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys, But Daddy I Love Him, loml, The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived, imgonnagetyouback, So High School, I Look in People's Windows, You're On Your Own Kid, Foolish One, All Too Well (10 Minute Version), Begin Again, and Call It What You Want. My favorites change constantly, but I guess these songs match my energy the best at the moment.

As for her as a person, I don't really know much about her. Aside from when I was in my Kpop era, I've never really been the type to keep up with celebrities or their lives. And even during my Kpop era, there were many fans who kept up with the groups much more than I did. A good example is that I've noticed some Swifties really like trying to figure out who each song is meant to be about, but that doesn't interest me at all. I'm just here for the good music

Back