• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

TBT Community Contests :o

Would you be interested in community contests?

• Indeedy!

Votes: 136 84.5%
  • Not Indeedy!

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Bacon, which is forever relevant.

Votes: 43 26.7%

• Total voters

PapaNer

Fitzpleasure
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Mailbox
Small Mailbox
I have removed my initial competition ideas to have this thread not begin with a wall of text

Please visit the second post for upcoming competitions!

Winners of the June 21-23 Early Home Decoration Competition:

First Place:
Second Place:
Third Place:

Last edited:
First Competition!

Early Home Decoration Competition!

Date: June 21-23

How it will work: This will allow at least one week of owning the game for US/EU. My idea is that we can host an image of our houses so far, specifically the rooms.

I will make a new thread on the starting day for submission with a poll placed in order for everyone to vote, and for the votes to be openly viewed between 12PM on June 21st, until 3PM on June 22nd. Once all the submissions are up, you may use the poll to vote around 3PM on June 22nd until about 8 PM June 23rd. I am hosting this competition, so I will not post a picture (I will however vote once, just as with everyone else). You may not vote for yourself.

First Place:
http://imgur.com/1b7KKwy or 100,000 bells
Second Place: 50,000 bells
Third Place: 10,000 bells.

At the close the three winners will have their names displayed on this post until everyone hates this idea and the competitions stop. Also, I will be funding all prize money for this competition. Perhaps in the future, we can front an entry fee, but I would rather not do that until I am genuinely trusted by the community.

Last edited:
This sounds like fun! I might not be able to take part in everything but I would see when the contests are actually announced! :)

Great idea!
for the third option, you've been recycled.

I think I remember you saying something like this awhile ago.... Anyways I'd love to join in!

I did a good while ago, maybe in like, August of 2011. No one really wanted to start getting into it since we had no idea when we'd get the game, so I figured now would be a good time to pretty much re-up.

I got back into WW with my fiance and about 4 other friends a while ago and we did the turnip roulette again and it was just a hoot. I like this community a whole lot (mainly because most everyone is respectful and I haven't had to deal with people posting vulgar things or just being upsetting in general) so I figured this would be the best place for it.

I'd like to reiterate that I am very open to suggestions for contests and formats and such. Feel free to submit any idea :D

I would totally join in! its important to keep to community together after the game comes out to give us more things to do and have visitors in our towns and such. And Swapnote is a great thing to use alongside NewLeaf!!

I would totally join in! its important to keep to community together after the game comes out to give us more things to do and have visitors in our towns and such. And Swapnote is a great thing to use alongside NewLeaf!!

I quite agree! I am glad you are up for it!

Hm. I'd totally post an image of my early house! I probably won't do all the competitions, but I'll totally do this one.

Hm. I'd totally post an image of my early house! I probably won't do all the competitions, but I'll totally do this one.

I don't think anyone will do EVERY one of them. But I want to do a lot of things that don't really interfere with people playing the game. I mean, we may do pattern competitions since those seem popular (however I've never made a good pattern in my life), but I hope to do things that are as simple as show what you've done, get votes from the community as a bulk part of it.

I'd certainly do the contest. I mean, my house might be completely mish mash at that point in time but why not.

Back