• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just touching on one thing with shawo here from a long readslist of his

Also on my reread I feel really bad for missing a day of this game because everyones read of me definitely consisted on me just not saying anything.

F11:
Pros: Crazy good tone.
Really, really nice posts that just don’t really feel mafia-aligned.

Cons: Kinda a weak voice

Mogyay:
Pros: Crazy good tone!!

Cons: Weak voice
Cons: Low self confidence, so a lot of posts come out a little back-trackey.

Geoni #672 lol
Pros: High, High effort posts
Pros: Lack of organization in their posts which actually feels more towny than not

Cons: A lot of confidence in reads I would consider weak.
Overview: I probably gutted down a lot of things I would say about geoni into that one sentence. But I’ll word it another way. Seeing how Geoni votes through the game will absolutely be the best way to read him. Depending on how he follows through with reads he has, especially with the way he justifies them will solve a large, large part of the game. I really feel like Geoni just townread everyone who voted Jacob “because they had a good enough reason to”
And in my mind that’s a cop out to making an actual read/potentially deflecting off his partner.
I am going to assume Geoni is mafia for a different analysis so stay tuned!

This ones fun! Tae lurked basically all day and comes out with a fully fleshed out list of reads

Except for the fact that I just… don’t really agree with a lot of the things they’ve posted.
The more I read Tae, the more they read like lurking Mafia. Keeping up with the thread, posting occasionally, not really going in on any specific read except for when it’s convenient. I’ll definitely need to update this more.

For example, in comparison to lockets post early on in the game. Lockets post just felt way more… organized. Tae just felt like they were overcompensating for a lack of effort.

#375 lul

Tentatively leaving Tae in the scum pile.

I’ve caught back up to where I start talking.

A lot of people have said “The lynch gives a lot of information.”
So I am looking for those people to be typing about what reads they’ve gained from the town lynch. Not trying to be passive aggressive. These two players are mostly locket/f11.

Antonio is playing… really badly in my opinion. I feel like the death tunnel on Trundle is both undeserved and also unhelpful. I also understand how it could happen. The only reason why I backed off my read on Antonio completely was that they seemed to misunderstand a point in the game and was willing to compromise. However, due to the fact that the entirety of their game sits on ONE point. I would still consider them /kinda/ scummy.

On the flip side I didn’t really think skarmoury was mafia.

Punchy Pros: Probably has the most concise/accurate points
Has a viewpoint of the game I expect all town to have, but he’s the only one who really does.

Cons: Has some really, really weird posts too.
All in all, I would say that Punchy is probably one of my hardest townreads here. If anything, having really, really weird posts is probably one of the signs that he’s town. It’s not like he’s mafia viciously formatting every post until it’s perfect.

Panda.
So, a lot of people have said that panda is scummy through the course of this game, and… I.... disagree. Like, vividly. I know I said towards the end of the day that Panda softed PR, and I take that back, but still on a reread I don’t really feel as if Panda did anything viciously wrong other than push people other people were pushing. In fact I feel like they have some pretty high quality/low word posts.

Trundle! Trundle is the player who shares the most reads with me, I wonder if that just means we think similarly, or because he agrees with me.
I had him as a tr for most of d1 due to vote patterns, but after the flip I had to vote Trundle there.
I still think he’s town though. As a rule of thumb, if someone shares reads with you, and they can explain it, they’re probably town.

Damniel. Man. Your posts are a mess dude. You have TOO many reads. And I genuinely mean that. I think the way you convey your reads makes them come off way stronger than they are. I think you actually interact well with a lot of ppl. I think I said at some point “Stop asking useless questions.” You interact too much. Especially at the point in the game I think we were at, you were asking questions instead of reading yourself.

I don’t think you deserve to be townread for the way you play the game, although I definitely understand why people townread you/how you could be town.

I guess putting it another way, tonally you’re good, but it feels like you’re all over the place.
I similarly sniped you as mafia due to a really strong read on someone I thought was hard town. This seems like a repeat of last game.

This is getting really long. But I think I’m going to sort out my oath and evan read.

I missed a lot of people. That’s life. I hit my harder scumreads and harder townreads. I’m not confident, but starting from now I’m just going to go hard. Better to be wrong than let someone lynch your townread :)

EVAN. Apparently Evan is just naturally emotional in games, I’m going to take that as an indication that EMOTION ISN’T HOW YOU READ Evan.

I think in an earlier post I said that Evan’s reaction to my posts after night were bad - they suck, but they aren’t inherently mafia.

A large issue I have with Evan, is that I felt that the way they played at the end of d1 was hysterical (not an insult), and they didn’t feel the need to back off from that. The difference in my eyes was probably easiest to compare between antonio and Evan. That being said. It isn’t an indication of HARD scum. There’s actually a second reason I’m backing off here, and I’ll get to that.

This probably deserves a post of it’s own, but I think I’m going to place it here.

I currently believe the maf team is likely to be Geoni + Tae + 2 others.

I also think Oath (and by extension evan) are likely to be town.
Why, shawo, do you have this read after all of these posts.

Voting patterns. If you look at Geoni’s analysis of the voting patterns, he says that he currently doesn’t think anyone who’s voting Jacob is currently mafia WITH the exception of Evan/Tae. Evan is also the player that I was pushing the hardest at the time. So geoni’s in a position where he’s being LISTENED to, he got town to lynch his d1 read. So… if you’re Geoni. What would you do. Protect your partner. So why specifically tae/Evan? Because he SPECIFICALLY made an exception of Tae/Evan. That’s generally peak mafia on partner interactions. BUT, when I look at Evan I can see a reason as to why Geoni as mafia might want to get Evan lynched there. I actually don’t believe Tae and Evan are both mafia with Geoni.

Following that, how does any of that mean that Oath is town?

If you read Geoni’s posts, they are CLEARLY setting up for a push onto Oath. Like, very clearly. They’ve done almost everything except say it. Which I think is pretty clear indication that Oath is town.

Yes, I’m aware that this is a really, really large jump from the reads that I usually make. But I said I would give my scum reads before the end of the night.

I also know that Oath looks like lynchbait, and I think because of that, he attracts people who are mafia to vote him. I still stand by one person voting Trundle being mafia.

So I would probably put mafia as something like…

Geoni/Tae/(One voting Trundle)/Wildcard

I’m actually fairly confident that all of my strong townreads are town.

Cya’ll on the flipside.

I think I'm getting at why you don't like my position in this game and it's that you are feeling different about Trundle, leading to you thinking a sudden turn of votes against Jacob being a scum team moment, and you are worldbuilding down the wrong path.

I have a record of getting anywhere from 1/4 to 3/4 team guesses right on night 1 and it's something (unless the team is weak and naf was revealed d1) that comes from monitoring individual commitments and positionings in the context of the wagons and... again, if I don't think Trundle was scum then we're going to be at an unproductive impasse.

˙ʎsɹnoɯɐʞs puɐ ǝɯ 'sn ɟo ɥʇoq ǝɥʇ uǝǝʍʇǝq sʇsod ʍǝɟ ɐ ǝʞᴉl ʎluo s,ǝɹǝɥ┴ ˙ɯǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝʇɐɔᴉunɯɯoɔ ʎlǝɹɐq uɐɔ I puɐ ǝʌᴉʇɔɐuᴉ ʎlǝɹǝʌǝs uǝǝq sɐɥ ɹǝuʇɹɐd ʎW

the only game i've ever been mafia in was that cult game.
and iirc panda was the cult leader of that game, so maybe i'm wrong? idfk. but watching all yall jump on me for my reads is nice bc at least now i know who's maybe actually the real mafia & looking for an easy push so come on. push. lets go.

oh... hmm... I vaguely remember a cultist game, I don't remember if I was leader or not... I'm thinking of a different game...

no ones "jumping" on you, why are you seeming so defensive ? we are just stating we don't like the feel of your post ( you know.... kinda what the whole game's about) .... the summary of me in your reads is kinda of a flat out lie.... and your reaction here is making you feel more scummy to me.

Also, I just wanted to mention shawo isn't the other mason in the chat. I don't know what role he is. His claim is making me curious but risking a PR claim during day 1 is just gaining town sympathy imo.

Also tae has like 2 weak townreads and all null/scumreads something feels off hmmm
Post automatically merged:

Can
Also, I just wanted to mention shawo isn't the other mason in the chat. I don't know what role he is. His claim is making me curious but risking a PR claim during day 1 is just gaining town sympathy imo.
can you shut up

Also tae has like 2 weak townreads and all null/scumreads something feels off hmmm

Can

can you shut up
Nope, he may be scum and your reaction towards that is making me think you are working with him aswell.

Shawo isn't the other mason, with me.

omg I just had horrible flashbacks to when I was a mason partner with..... oh, who was it ? was it Bianca ? or someone totally clueless it was not good... =[

That's why I need to figure out two things
- If all three of those are in fact completely compatible
- Who the other player(s) on mafia might be

Also Locket is arguably a fairly experienced player so I don't necessarily think a team of two new, one or two pretty experienced, and one or two very experienced scums is out of the question

roles are random but hosts try to balance out scum teams sometimes. Knowing Ness he would likely have made sure the scum team was at least somewhat balanced
yeah but like, experience wise thats just cruel.
i'm pretty sure if a host sees maf rolls a majority of new players they'd balance it better. esp when we have mafia veterans in this game who are known for strong gameplay. it's impossibleimo to have nothing but new-ish players make up the entire mafia team in this game where we have players like glow, panda, oath, geoni, evan, daniel, trundle, etc. like its unlikely.

i'm not saying locket / emolga cant be maf bc they sure as hell possible can be, but the likelihood of it being ALL newbies is low and silly.

I do NOT care for people basing their worldbuilding on the idea that the host picks and chooses roles rather than being pure rand. If Ness' actually did that and I'm wrong I will not be joining his next game. That's a huge hosting no-no.

As it stands this line of thought can be used to cast doubt on players just for being experienced and unclear and it's scummy or bad townplay.

Shawo has been playing too well since day 1, imo. He's very confident. If he does survive day 1 after claiming PR role then I would assume his behavior is more scummy then town.

Shawo has been playing too well since day 1, imo. He's very confident. If he does survive day 1 after claiming PR role then I would assume his behavior is more scummy then town.
More motivated by scum rather than as a townie. ***

Has anyone been putting pressure on him besides me?

giphy.gif

*shut up about PRs

@tae are you kidding me ? ... "shes usually scum queen. shes the one liney quiet one in thread but one of the bigger voices when orchestrating behind scenes."

please show me where I've been "one of the bigger voices when orchestrating behind the scenes" .. ? I've been town like honestly, 90% of the games I've played and only really played a half way decide mafia member in one game that I can recall (don't know the name) but the whole game I was just filling the thread with help but useless info on how to play the game for the newbies... sooooo please please please show me where I have played like this before as mafia.... don't worry ill wait.

Panda give takes on EoD please

More motivated by scum rather than as a townie. ***

Has anyone been putting pressure on him besides me?

there's plenty of reasons why someone wouldn't die N1.... you're just gonna scum lock him for surviving ?

omg I just had horrible flashbacks to when I was a mason partner with..... oh, who was it ? was it Bianca ? or someone totally clueless it was not good... =[

oh i remember that. that was my Xenoblade game where you were masons with kirbystarship

it was back in 2016 tho

Reactions: tae
giphy.gif

*shut up about PRs
I'm just saying, his PR role has nothing to do with me.

I swear, if i do get voted off and I show as a mason, Punchy and Heyden being pissed about me saying the other PR in the chat is not shawo then I believe they are working together.

Punchy/Heyden/Shawo

there's plenty of reasons why someone wouldn't die N1.... you're just gonna scum lock him for surviving ?
He claimed a PR role, I'm just stated he is a possible risk for mafia so why wouldn't he be voted off. He plays with confidence and was trying to change the vote to a NL.

Can

can you shut up

maybe bc i dont feel like theres a lot of town play happening??? where the **** are your reads? lmao.

I swear, if i do get voted off and I show as a mason, Punchy and Heyden being pissed about me saying the other PR in the chat is not shawo then I believe they are working together.

Punchy/Heyden/Shawo
YOU CLAIMED IN THE MIDDLE OF N1

OF COURSE WE'RE GONNA BE MAD YOU CLAIMED

IDC ABOUT SHAWO

[

Punchy/Heyden/Shawo
I wonder what goes through your brain honestly. Is it porridge slushing in circles in an anticlockwise motion????

No, you won’t be voted out, probably killed. There was no reason to claim mason, of course anyone would be pissed should they be delighted? Oh yes the masons have claimed town is saved~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back