• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Newbie Mafia: Steven Universe Mafia [END - Town + Shiida Win!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, it's because it's their first game that if they are mafia they could easily make a mistake/slip and try to cover it up. XD Though it could go either way as well. And oh boy LOL There's just more stories of last game that literally made me want to pluck my hair out AHAHAHA IT WAS FUN BUT SO FRUSTRATING LOL I swear to god if you flip town IM SORRY LOL Last game I seriously didn't expect Aya and Alexi to be scum ahaha they just didn't raise any red flags for me, then I thought Cad was scum, but as you know, after her responses that I thought were seriously genuine, she ended up flipping scum LOL So after all that I just started tunneling kirby regardless of his claim because his responses were contradicting and luckily I was finally right and ended up helping lynch the last scum :'D Though my opinion of him was almost swayed cause a really good player thought that kirby was just being normal LOL

Yeah he hasn't DX I think he might get modkilled after voting ends? Not sure ;__; Though if he really doesn't post anything soon, I'm pretty sure he'll get modkilled sometime soon :'D And yes!! Normally it starts to pick up fast during Day 2!~

no need to be sorry! youre just doing as you should be, id be doing the same had i been in your position! obviously in games like mafia you have to be as cautious as you can. that does all sound pretty intense though! in a fun way, of course. im pretty careless so i doubt ill be able to lynch any scum in any game lmao

hopefully they do show up, but yeah if it continues like this i guess theyll have no choice but to modkill them ):

Also @ mog, what do you say to Tardis being suspicious of you still despite your answer?

very shady to be honest, tardis has been pretty active in pointing out (mostly pointless) things and was posting in between the time miharu asked what i meant by my answer and the answer i gave. did he call me out then, nope. it looks to me like he's piggy backing off of her idea. i'm not overly concerned if he doesn't believe me as i don't think he's genuinely concerned with my answer. i answered a question without really thinking about it, it was a mistake. as others have pointed out a lot of people have posted a lot of suspicious things in their answers and yet he only wants to call me out when miharu does?? weird. i'm not saying he's mafia, his posts are a bit pointless right now for me to decide that

MY READS

esphas: is clearly suspicious, as miharu mentioned he seemed very eager to start getting roles off of people straight away but doesn't really apply to his mentions of going with the flow HOWEVER honestly i think he's a confused town, i think he wanted to start the game and ended up saying some stupid things in hope of getting a reaction? i'm not totally saying he's not mafia but my guess is he's town, i'd much rather lynch an inactive player who's contributing nothing to the discussion than esphas who's at least trying to play the game.

shiida: are you trying to imply your third party? your posts are just confusing me, i'm already confused i don't need this in my life lol.

I SURE AM GLAD U ASKED...I don't know I just...don't really care about all the fighting? I know it seems mysterious but idk it'll make sense soon.

are you distracting people on purpose? what are you hiding? i don't think you're scum but i don't think you're a good town member. i'm just going to assume you're third party but that might change if your posts don't become slightly more coherent

ON TO MY SUSPICIONS

qwerty111: you have barely posted, what are you afraid of? you mentioned in your questions that you feel on edge more so when you're playing as mafia and the answers to your questions and your lack of activity imply that to me you're on edge right now. are you trying to hide in the shadows so you can go unnoticed? i'd like to hear more from you please!

moonbrink: you keep saying you're excited for it to get tense but you've contributed nothing of actual value, please stop avoiding doing nothing and actually give us some opinions or else i'm going to assume that you're also trying to hide in the shadows for now, you've mentioned in three of your posts now that you want to see people crack lol, kinda shady, why do you want to see them do that?

everyone else i have no opinion for. i like miharu's posts so far, she's actively trying to figure things out so i'm reading town for her??

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok i guess you're making it more obvious shiida, i didn't see that lol

sorry for being so inactive for the last day! i stayed over at my boyfriend's to watch the new game of thrones and then had school (which'd be a super convenient place to have caught up and joined in but it's in the middle of nowhere with no signal or internet so i was stuffed haha)

i've read the speculation around esphas and i personally don't see them as acting scummy - their replies to the RQS just seemed passive as did most people's so they didn't stand out to me. plus the fact he claimed a particular townie role (connie), this would be risky play if he were lying and another player was connie it would've been a huge slip up.

i'm not getting particularly strong reads from anybody - i feel like miharu is contributing a lot more than anybody else which comes off slightly sus to me as if they're trying extra hard to look like they're helping town, but their contributions do seem helpful and i don't want to punish just because somebody is putting in some extra effort, so i'm feeling a vote for nolynch as i don't feel particularly suspicious of anybody yet

I'm not sure if you've read my replies Miharu, but here's what got me suspicious of Xerolin. It might be nothing but her answers were very similar to Tardis' when he was scum.

Hey guys!

1. What is your timezone? MST
2. How do you react under pressure? Better, but I tend to not think things over
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? I'd like to play as Mafia
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? Idk
5. How many games have you played? This is my 4th

I'm heeeereee

Joining to the conversation, just cause Lucanosa and enchilada have been inactive doesn't mean they're scum. They've probably just been busy or th mafia game slipped their mind.

Been reading through latest posts. I'd prefer to be Mafia since you already know who the other members are, making it so you don't kill your own side. I've been known for being inactive and having non-contibuiting posts in previous mafia games, I'd like to get an understanding of whats going on and help my team

I said I'd prefer to play as mafia. I'd just like to see what its like as to know others on your team

Tardis' answers to Daniel's probes:

1. What is your timezone? CDT timezone
2. How do you react under pressure? I'm okay with being under pressure.
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? Town because I like to work alone and find out who is mafia.
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? Lynching scum
5. I will shoot Tae just to see what his role is.
Didn't you say in the other thread that you wanted to be scum? What happened that changed your mind?
I wanted a different role I got tired of being town.
I'm still not getting it. So you didn't want to be town, but then why did you say you prefer to be town?
It means I wanted a break from being town.

Although Tardis' answers were a lot more wishy-washy, I still think Xerolin's are something I should take note of.

Reminder not to contact people about the game, this is a no PM game so I would let the host contact them instead

reminder that the host liked my post about linking enchilada to the game and telling him to post and knows what I did and had no problem with it.

Good morning Miharuuu! It's 12am for me right now but I'm not going to sleep until day ends because the final hours tend to be intense luls.

Also yes, I only became suspicious of his answer after he admitted to Tardis/Kirby about wanting to sheep. Combining that with his rqs answer definitely raised my suspicions on him. Because this is a nub game, I am not sure how clueless the players in this game truly are. I am also aware that the mafia may be playing dumb in order to get away with their slips.

As for the bolded part, I meant these:

My statement that you bolded was actually my reply to Tardis in post #193 I did agree with the points raised by Tardis because I thought/noticed the same thing (only I wasn't confidence enough to post them ;A;) but after reading and re-reading Esphas' explanations, I just felt like I was over-reading things... hnggg I'm so lost ahaha.

As for his contradictions, I'm not really satisfied with his reasons. It could mean he only skimmed through the earlier posts and when he got to yours, decided to look for something to point out? I don't know. I personally re-read the whole thread a couple of times before even questioning someone something but, again, this is a noob game so some players might not think much about it. But that's not a good enough reason to overlook it.

Do you feel me Miharu?? luls

***​

As for my answer to question #3, I am well aware that being a mafia requires you to act as town and blend in. For someone who have never played a mafia game before, I find it to be a very intimidating task ;A; because even as town, I'm still struggling with writing reads.

And as for who else I's suspicious of, I'm seriously at a loss because of the lack of activity around here. But, I'd like to look more into Xerolin's and Cadberry's past games. Xerolin's answer about preferring to play as mafia is also a bit suspicious? I think Tardis did more or less the same thing in AoT. I might need to look for it though.

I am against no lynch, so I'll vote for Esphas if no better candidate comes up before day ends.
Morning to you too!! XD It's currently 10:25am here ahaha!~ I woke up wayy too early today ahaha I thought this thread would have been going, but unfortunately it didn't really move much from when I went to sleep and woke up :'D

Hahaha yeah I do feel you XD Mafia is frustrating but fun ahaha!~ Also why did you think his posts about him wanting to sheep seem genuine? This sentence "However, after reading and considering his replies, I am inclined to think that he was genuinely trying to learn how to play by imitating what others are doing." that I bolded kind of irked me ahaha cause it didn't seem like he was imitating others at all XD Though he did list his reasons for it haha XD

That's true ahaah XD I just found it slightly suspicious of your answer since normally if you haven't played either side, the answer would be "Idk" or "Can't choose since I haven't played both sides" or etc etc. So when you just said town, it raised a little suspicion to me haha!~

May I ask why you are against a no lynch? o:
tyvm.

role: townie - connie
Are you sure that that's your role? o:

Anyone else feel like Moonbrink is suspicious? I'm on mobile so I can't quote but they haven't answered any of our questions and have mostly posted that they want the game to get tense.
Slightly, but not too much. They said that they were going to be really active since they had a lot of spare time, but they haven't been active at all. I just saw Moon recently post in one of the threads in the TBT Marketplace lol xD

I do but that's all I'm willing to say so not to make myself an enemy of any side 👀
Heyy shiida!~ XD What are your thoughts on Esphas? o:

@tui
I see you lurking! Are you caught up with thread/all the posts? c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Qwerty111
I see you lurking too! same question as tui, are you now caught up with the posts? o: What are both of your thoughts on everything so far?

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Qwerty111
whoops forgot to bold your name up there LOL

Who do you think are being suspicious/mysterious right now?

so far i think my 'biggest' suspicions rn are Esphas and Miharu, mostly because of how closely they're reading into everything and they seem to be one of the most active, i'm also kinda suspicious of shiida but only cause of her mysteriousness (is that a word idk) but i have a feeling of what her role is, unless she's just trying to make us/me think that hmmmmmm
cadbberry also seems a lil suspisous but not so much, she's also been looking into a few posts but isn't as active, also a lil suspicious of you/Seroja due to asking about some people's suspicions

it's too early on in the game for me to know what's what tbh

Here are the posts made by Moonbrink and reasons I think they are scum:
1. What is your timezone? CST
2. How do you react under pressure? I handle it, ok?
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? first time, idk
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? being the quiet but emotional one
5. How many games have you played? 0
They said they would be known as the quiet one.

so, when will this thread get started >.>

I think the egg is plotting our murders >.>
They accused a signature of plotting to kill us. That or they accused Mirahu without posing any questions.
I really feel like this is going to pretty intense in day two or three. I'm hoping because I have alot of time to kill.

can't wait for it to get tense

everyone seems so nice and friendly, can't wait to see what hey're like under pressure
Still not posting anything to contribute to the thread
Do you have any reads?

QUOTE=Miharu;6642524]Haha XD, why do you want to see people under pressure? o: [/QUOTE]
No answer to either question.

Seems to me like they are sheeping until the forces are thinner.

Working on other reads now.

100% sure

honestly i think he's a confused town, i think he wanted to start the game and ended up saying some stupid things in hope of getting a reaction?

itll proabably be taken in the wrong way and read in to (@me bringing this up, but) SPOT ON

- - - Post Merge - - -

didnt mean to quote myself on 100%, that was a glitch

no need to be sorry! youre just doing as you should be, id be doing the same had i been in your position! obviously in games like mafia you have to be as cautious as you can. that does all sound pretty intense though! in a fun way, of course. im pretty careless so i doubt ill be able to lynch any scum in any game lmao

hopefully they do show up, but yeah if it continues like this i guess theyll have no choice but to modkill them ):
Yeah it was fun ahaha! XD And pshh I think you would do good <:

And ohh the thread is moving somewhat faster!!! XD

very shady to be honest, tardis has been pretty active in pointing out (mostly pointless) things and was posting in between the time miharu asked what i meant by my answer and the answer i gave. did he call me out then, nope. it looks to me like he's piggy backing off of her idea. i'm not overly concerned if he doesn't believe me as i don't think he's genuinely concerned with my answer. i answered a question without really thinking about it, it was a mistake. as others have pointed out a lot of people have posted a lot of suspicious things in their answers and yet he only wants to call me out when miharu does?? weird. i'm not saying he's mafia, his posts are a bit pointless right now for me to decide that

MY READS

esphas: is clearly suspicious, as miharu mentioned he seemed very eager to start getting roles off of people straight away but doesn't really apply to his mentions of going with the flow HOWEVER honestly i think he's a confused town, i think he wanted to start the game and ended up saying some stupid things in hope of getting a reaction? i'm not totally saying he's not mafia but my guess is he's town, i'd much rather lynch an inactive player who's contributing nothing to the discussion than esphas who's at least trying to play the game.

shiida: are you trying to imply your third party? your posts are just confusing me, i'm already confused i don't need this in my life lol.

are you distracting people on purpose? what are you hiding? i don't think you're scum but i don't think you're a good town member. i'm just going to assume you're third party but that might change if your posts don't become slightly more coherent

ON TO MY SUSPICIONS

qwerty111: you have barely posted, what are you afraid of? you mentioned in your questions that you feel on edge more so when you're playing as mafia and the answers to your questions and your lack of activity imply that to me you're on edge right now. are you trying to hide in the shadows so you can go unnoticed? i'd like to hear more from you please!

moonbrink: you keep saying you're excited for it to get tense but you've contributed nothing of actual value, please stop avoiding doing nothing and actually give us some opinions or else i'm going to assume that you're also trying to hide in the shadows for now, you've mentioned in three of your posts now that you want to see people crack lol, kinda shady, why do you want to see them do that?

everyone else i have no opinion for. i like miharu's posts so far, she's actively trying to figure things out so i'm reading town for her??

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok i guess you're making it more obvious shiida, i didn't see that lol

Yeah Tardis is really hard to read ahaha though he did state that he's trying to work on his reads more haha xD

As for esphas, I see what you mean XD Though if those users keep being inactive, they'll get mod killed sooner or later. (Though I just saw them posting just now so that won't be the case XD )

I think you are making pretty good reads for your first game! :D So great job!

sorry for being so inactive for the last day! i stayed over at my boyfriend's to watch the new game of thrones and then had school (which'd be a super convenient place to have caught up and joined in but it's in the middle of nowhere with no signal or internet so i was stuffed haha)

i've read the speculation around esphas and i personally don't see them as acting scummy - their replies to the RQS just seemed passive as did most people's so they didn't stand out to me. plus the fact he claimed a particular townie role (connie), this would be risky play if he were lying and another player was connie it would've been a huge slip up.

i'm not getting particularly strong reads from anybody - i feel like miharu is contributing a lot more than anybody else which comes off slightly sus to me as if they're trying extra hard to look like they're helping town, but their contributions do seem helpful and i don't want to punish just because somebody is putting in some extra effort, so i'm feeling a vote for nolynch as i don't feel particularly suspicious of anybody yet
Thanks for popping in! You popped in just in time! cx

It wasn't their reply to the RQS that made him seem scummy, it was his responses to my questions that did. His answers to the RQS did not raise any flags to me until he questioned me about my answer to that same question. When he thought that you were suppose to state what you would be doing as your "role", he himself, didn't state what he would be doing as his role. Which then made me look back at his RQS answer xD

As for claiming, it's not risky at all if the hosts gave them the lists of unused roles. That's what happened in the last game I played. Not every game does that where they give the mafia lists of unused roles for them to use in case they need to claim to seem innocent, but I'm thinking it may be the same way here since it's a newbie game.

May I ask if you are completely caught up to all the posts? o:
Also as I told Esphas, that's a good mindset to have <:

I'm not sure if you've read my replies Miharu, but here's what got me suspicious of Xerolin. It might be nothing but her answers were very similar to Tardis' when he was scum.

Tardis' answers to Daniel's probes:

Although Tardis' answers were a lot more wishy-washy, I still think Xerolin's are something I should take note of.
Yeah, I'm still waiting on Xerolin's answers to my questions regarding that haha ; v ; So we'll see!

- - - Post Merge - - -

so far i think my 'biggest' suspicions rn are Esphas and Miharu, mostly because of how closely they're reading into everything and they seem to be one of the most active, i'm also kinda suspicious of shiida but only cause of her mysteriousness (is that a word idk) but i have a feeling of what her role is, unless she's just trying to make us/me think that hmmmmmm
cadbberry also seems a lil suspisous but not so much, she's also been looking into a few posts but isn't as active, also a lil suspicious of you/Seroja due to asking about some people's suspicions

it's too early on in the game for me to know what's what tbh
Welcome back! <: Thanks for posting your reads so far!

100% sure
Okay good <: For now I'm slightly leaning to think you are what you claim.

Here are the posts made by Moonbrink and reasons I think they are scum:

They said they would be known as the quiet one.

They accused a signature of plotting to kill us. That or they accused Mirahu without posing any questions.

Still not posting anything to contribute to the thread

Haha XD, why do you want to see people under pressure? o:
No answer to either question.

Seems to me like they are sheeping until the forces are thinner.

Working on other reads now.
Yeah moonbrink does raise suspicions, though for the egg plotting thing, I think that was more of a joke. At least I just saw that as a joke haha XD As I think I said before, the only thing that really raises my suspicions on them is the fact that they said they have A LOT of time, so Idk why they aren't contributing to this thread when I see them posting in others xD

@miharu if u want my input, i think he's confused, whether he be scum or town &#55357;&#56376;☕

Yeah xD I wanted to reaction test him by asking him if he was 100% sure of his role claim, but he reacted pretty confident, so I'm on the border of thinking he's really what he claims or whether or not I should just follow my suspicions because there's a chance that the hosts could have given the mafia members roles that are unused to claim as. Since he claimed as town, there's no way we can prove that unless we have a detective xD We have less than an hour to decide, so I really don't know LOL

Yeah moonbrink does raise suspicions, though for the egg plotting thing, I think that was more of a joke. At least I just saw that as a joke haha XD As I think I said before, the only thing that really raises my suspicions on them is the fact that they said they have A LOT of time, so Idk why they aren't contributing to this thread when I see them posting in others xD
I also think that him posting in other threads is suspicious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Kirbystarship is very hard to read especially with all of his restock posts. But here are the reasons I think he’s scum.
1. What is your timezone? CDT Time Zone
2. How do you react under pressure? I like to be under pressure sometimes.
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? Town
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? Helping town lynch all the scum.
5. How many games have you played? Maybe 6?
Why is this always the same RQS?
Telling us he wants to help town lynch scum is probably a cover.
Why do you want to lynch yourself we can always do no lynch.
No lynch would mean he lives another day to help the mafia.
How about we reaction test some of the inactive by voting for them and see if they will talk more.
Why would you reaction test on day 1? I’m thinking he wanted to get us to vote for others so that mafia lives longer.

Morning to you too!! XD It's currently 10:25am here ahaha!~ I woke up wayy too early today ahaha I thought this thread would have been going, but unfortunately it didn't really move much from when I went to sleep and woke up :'D

Hahaha yeah I do feel you XD Mafia is frustrating but fun ahaha!~ Also why did you think his posts about him wanting to sheep seem genuine? This sentence "However, after reading and considering his replies, I am inclined to think that he was genuinely trying to learn how to play by imitating what others are doing." that I bolded kind of irked me ahaha cause it didn't seem like he was imitating others at all XD Though he did list his reasons for it haha XD

That's true ahaah XD I just found it slightly suspicious of your answer since normally if you haven't played either side, the answer would be "Idk" or "Can't choose since I haven't played both sides" or etc etc. So when you just said town, it raised a little suspicion to me haha!~

May I ask why you are against a no lynch? o:

Ahh yes, I was inferring to his replies- about his intentions to sheep. The key word there is 'trying to'. As in, he wanted to go with the flow with the intention to sheep (in order to learn), but obviously he couldn't sheep when no one posted anything, so he decided to drop it and start something himself. I hope this clears up the confusion? English is not my first language so I may fail to make sense some times uhuhuhu.

I answered that question based on the previous games that I've followed + mafia guides and yeah for now, especially as a noob, I prefer to be town^^

On the no-lynch: I read the first mafia chat for the first tbt mafia nub game and the mafias were initially pushing for no lynch D1 because they wanted to waste town's time and get to N1 kills.

--

@Rosetti

I asked people about their opinions to help move the thread. Maybe some of us are shy or don't know how to get into the discussiony asking, I thought it'd make it easier for them to join in. Also, just saying 'I'm suspicious of A' without any reasoning behind it made me curious.

tyvm.

role: townie - connie

- - - Post Merge - - -

i didnt know i was meant to make a case on why i shouldnt be lynched ): but i dont even know where to begin so ill just keep it in the mind for the future! thanks

I don't really know if I want to believe them claiming Vt is very easy when your mafia because you don't need to prove it like when your a vig because you can prove it when you shoot someone.

On the no-lynch: I read the first mafia chat for the first tbt mafia nub game and the mafias were initially pushing for no lynch D1 because they wanted to waste town's time and get to N1 kills.

This makes me even more suspicious of Kirbystarship. I wasn't sure if saying we could do no lynch was an indicator of mafia or not. So this confirms my suspicion.

Ahh yes, I was inferring to his replies- about his intentions to sheep. The key word there is 'trying to'. As in, he wanted to go with the flow with the intention to sheep (in order to learn), but obviously he couldn't sheep when no one posted anything, so he decided to drop it and start something himself. I hope this clears up the confusion? English is not my first language so I may fail to make sense some times uhuhuhu.

^ this!

if anyone wants to ask any questions before the day is over, be my guest! ill be able to answer any questions you have for me without any avoidance or hesitation

- - - Post Merge - - -

make sure to specify them though, so i dont interpret the questions wrongly if you do so!

I also think that him posting in other threads is suspicious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Kirbystarship is very hard to read especially with all of his restock posts. But here are the reasons I think he?s scum.

Telling us he wants to help town lynch scum is probably a cover.

No lynch would mean he lives another day to help the mafia.

Why would you reaction test on day 1? I?m thinking he wanted to get us to vote for others so that mafia lives longer.
Hahaha honestly Tardis is just hard to read in general XD And yes I definitely agree with the No Lynch part.

I answered that question based on the previous games that I've followed + mafia guides and yeah for now, especially as a noob, I prefer to be town^^

--

@Rosetti

I asked people about their opinions to help move the thread. Maybe some of us are shy or don't know how to get into the discussiony asking, I thought it'd make it easier for them to join in. Also, just saying 'I'm suspicious of A' without any reasoning behind it made me curious.
That makes a lot more sense! :D Thanks for clarifying! cx

Ohhh I see! :D That's understandable! cx I'm happy to see that you are trying really hard to learn how to play mafia and I think you are doing great so far! cx

And yeah I was thinking that too. If we don't lynch someone, it's going to be harder for us to make reads and the thread will just literally go no where while we all just await our deaths by mafia later in the night xD rip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back