• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Newbie Mafia: Steven Universe Mafia [END - Town + Shiida Win!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone seems so nice and friendly, can't wait to see what hey're like under pressure

- - - Post Merge - - -

they're* (no editing >~<)
Haha XD, why do you want to see people under pressure? o:

Do you have any reads?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think that Enchilada either forgot about the game or is scum because they have been making posts all day and have not posted here.
Yeah that's definitely possible ; v ; Though normally I think mafia are the first to want to post, but since this is a newbie game, I can definitely see people not posting because they don't know what to do yet or probably so they don't raise any red flags/slip xD

Hopefully they post here soon xD

Right now, the person I'm most suspicious of is Esphas xD I'll list why below :3

despite being in previous games your answer to what youre going to be known for didnt state what youd actually be doin. id imagine playing as many games as you had youd understand what your role, whatever it may be, does. care to elaborate? what will you be doing this game as a person in your role?
This question that I bolded for you guys to see, raised a red flag for me because to me, that seems like he was trying to get a soft claim out of me and to find out whether I have a blue role or not. (Just a note, but Mafia's goals are normally to try to find out who the blue roles are and kill them as fast as possible). As Cad replied to his post, in mafia you aren't suppose to claim or say what your role is (at least not until you are set to be lynched). It's best to keep your role on the down low especially if you are a blue role, because you want to give the mafia team as little to none information to work with since their goal would be to find out who has a blue role to kill them during the night. Either that or they would try to kill strong players that could find out/pressure one of their team mates.

yeah the same can be said for cad but i flat out missed them, xerolin just didnt seem to know what they were doing, not like they were hiding anything to me

the question was to state what youre going to be known for, and the wording to me specifically seemed to me what as 'what will you be doing that you would be known for doing'. you cant really be known for growing. when i said role i meant as innocent or scum, not the actual role they were assigned. sorry for not being specific

- - - Post Merge - - -

and yep i meant the short games, since im sure you must have some understanding of what innocents do, and if youre innocent i was wondering why you wouldnt share what youre doing. the same can be applied to cad like i said, but i could have just misinterpreted the question
I bolded the part that raised my suspicions in this part. I really find it hard to believe that Esphas missed Cad's answers when Cad was the one who posted the questions. Esphas then had to copy and paste those questions to answer them. Looking at the time stamp, Esphas answered those questions in 7 minutes after Cad had posted. Cad's answers to her questions were bolded, so it's really hard to believe that you could just copy and paste those questions and immediately scroll down without reading her answers. xD Not to mention, I just noticed that Esphas quoted Cad's post, seeing as how Cad's post was quoted and her answers were no longer there, there's no way Esphas couldn't have read Cad's post since he would have had to delete her answers and then answer the questions xD

ya i didnt look at peoples answers until i was bored, i just saw yours first and thought HMMM maybe i should do something from this. i started from the newest page and looked back, after all

i didnt know where to follow up since all the conflict from the questions had been resolved rather straightforwardly ): if theres something i didnt pick on blame that for my noobness and terrible observational skills ?\_(ツ)_/?

like xerolin i have no idea! thats why i didnt think much of it lol

i was going 2 if u mean not actually doing anything myself. but i dont really feel like i can now lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

if its some mafia lingo then ive no idea

ITS OK EVERYONE THINKS IM A GIRL ITS COOL LOL

yeah it was kind of dumb, but i didnt read everyones answers until when i made that post. and yeah i didnt really know what i was doing so i was just like 'MAYBE MIHARUS HIDING SOMETHINGSIHBWSV' so i posted without thinking it through because i was eager to spur some activity. my bad!

and yeah the accusation is just from misinterpretation! very sorry! ):
Now the bolded/underlined part in this quote that Esphas posted contradicts the quote above that I also bolded/underlined. If this part is true, then there's no way he could have missed Cad's, Xerolin's, and shiida's answers which were pretty much vague and didn't say what they would be doing and they've all played more than 1 game. It kind of makes me curious as to why I was the only one pointed out haha xD Not to mention, Esphas's answer to his own question also did not state what he would be doing and it was "going with the flow".

What are everyone's thoughts on this? o:

JUST AN FYI:

Enchilada knows about this game, I linked him multiple times on tbt discord and he's just not posting to troll me(us)/doesn't care at all. Ignore him and don't waste ur time thinking about him he'll just get mod killed.

Right now, the person I'm most suspicious of is Esphas xD I'll list why below :3

This question that I bolded for you guys to see, raised a red flag for me because to me, that seems like he was trying to get a soft claim out of me and to find out whether I have a blue role or not. (Just a note, but Mafia's goals are normally to try to find out who the blue roles are and kill them as fast as possible). As Cad replied to his post, in mafia you aren't suppose to claim or say what your role is (at least not until you are set to be lynched). It's best to keep your role on the down low especially if you are a blue role, because you want to give the mafia team as little to none information to work with since their goal would be to find out who has a blue role to kill them during the night. Either that or they would try to kill strong players that could find out/pressure one of their team mates.

I bolded the part that raised my suspicions in this part. I really find it hard to believe that Esphas missed Cad's answers when Cad was the one who posted the questions. Esphas then had to copy and paste those questions to answer them. Looking at the time stamp, Esphas answered those questions in 7 minutes after Cad had posted. Cad's answers to her questions were bolded, so it's really hard to believe that you could just copy and paste those questions and immediately scroll down without reading her answers. xD Not to mention, I just noticed that Esphas quoted Cad's post, seeing as how Cad's post was quoted and her answers were no longer there, there's no way Esphas couldn't have read Cad's post since he would have had to delete her answers and then answer the questions xD

Now the bolded/underlined part in this quote that Esphas posted contradicts the quote above that I also bolded/underlined. If this part is true, then there's no way he could have missed Cad's, Xerolin's, and shiida's answers which were pretty much vague and didn't say what they would be doing and they've all played more than 1 game. It kind of makes me curious as to why I was the only one pointed out haha xD Not to mention, Esphas's answer to his own question also did not state what he would be doing and it was "going with the flow".

I am also very suspicious of Esphas. You make very good points. Their comment to me stating I thought they were playing dumb was that they were too stupid to do so. I do not believe this for a second especially since as you noted they replied to RSQs almost immediately after Cad. A lot of my thoughts are the same as yours, I just don't really know how to piece evidence together.

Has Moonbrink answered any of our questions besides the RQS? They seem to be giving non-answers to all of them.
I think the only question that Moonbrink answered that was like an non answer was mine when I asked what their thoughts were on everyone ahaha! Though I'll like to give them the benefit of the doubt because I pretty much answered the same way during my first game ahaha!

As of right now we are just waiting on Moon to answer our other questions :3

JUST AN FYI:

Enchilada knows about this game, I linked him multiple times on tbt discord and he's just not posting to troll me(us)/doesn't care at all. Ignore him and don't waste ur time thinking about him he'll just get mod killed.
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up! cx I don't understand why he would sign up to just troll and not post :')

I am also very suspicious of Esphas. You make very good points. Their comment to me stating I thought they were playing dumb was that they were too stupid to do so. I do not believe this for a second especially since as you noted they replied to RSQs almost immediately after Cad. A lot of my thoughts are the same as yours, I just don't really know how to piece evidence together.

I think you were doing pretty well by trying to ask them a few questions :) I think there was a question Esphas didn't answer to yours though xD

Oh found it!! It was your question and kirby's that he hasn't answered yet xD
I suppose that's understandable. I'll be doing my best to hopefully form my own opinions.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Esphas Why would you only start reading when you got bored instead of from the top of the discussion?

Question to you have you read this thread like all of the posts when this game started?

- - - Post Merge - - -

because trolls

Hey Xerolin! Welcome back! Are you caught up with the posts? o:

I think you were doing pretty well by trying to ask them a few questions :) I think there was a question Esphas didn't answer to yours though xD

Oh found it!! It was your question and kirby's that he hasn't answered yet xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hey Xerolin! Welcome back! Are you caught up with the posts? o:

I thought he hadn't answered one of my questions but I couldn't find it.

@Seroja

My thoughts so far who has posted. I'm only sus of 2 people in this game right now Esphas and mogyay.

Esphas because calling out people who is scum with out giving a good reason like this post.

I THINK MIHARU IS SCUM

And also they were thinking about sheeping. To look it as a scum point of view it would be a good idea because scum could hide in the bandwagon and hope no one calls them out for it.

1. What is your timezone? gmt
2. How do you react under pressure? basically act as i do normally i guess
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? no idea
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? going with the flow
5. How many games have you played? none prior to this one

Number 4 of the RQS made me feel like they were going to sheep.

When I ask them

Are you going to sheep?

ya i didnt look at peoples answers until i was bored, i just saw yours first and thought HMMM maybe i should do something from this. i started from the newest page and looked back, after all

i didnt know where to follow up since all the conflict from the questions had been resolved rather straightforwardly ): if theres something i didnt pick on blame that for my noobness and terrible observational skills ?\_(ツ)_/?

like xerolin i have no idea! thats why i didnt think much of it lol

i was going 2 if u mean not actually doing anything myself. but i dont really feel like i can now lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

if its some mafia lingo then ive no idea

After I asked them that question they didn't want to sheep because I called them out for it.

mogyay- the Rqs made me feel like they didn't want people to know how they felt when under pressure and felt like they had something to hide .

hi guys, i'm excited to play with you all!!!

1. What is your timezone? GMT
2. How do you react under pressure? pretty badly but i'm hoping it doesn't show too much
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? it's my first game so idk at this point
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? just get out of it without people thinking i'm a total idiot
5. How many games have you played? zero

Over all I'm not sus enough that I want to lynch them I plan to look into them more.

As for Esphas I feel more sure that they could be mafia.

JUST AN FYI:

Reminder not to contact people about the game, this is a no PM game so I would let the host contact them instead

So a lot of this is probably reading way to far into things but its what I am looking at.
As for my suspicion I would agree Esphas is looking a bit scummy. Though this is a newbie game and this being their first game the claim they didn't understand the starting RQS has me very confused since I have never seen this question interpenetrated as a role claiming question.
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? going with the flow
I also dont understand why they would dodge this question then if they said they thought it meant to claim your role in a way considering they said growing as a player doesn't classify as an answer I dont see how this does. As Miharu pointed out that my answers would have been read if the RQS was copy and pasted, at least looked at, so that makes me confused when they say
ya i didnt look at peoples answers until i was bored

Another post I dont like is
1. What is your timezone? GMT/BST
2. How do you react under pressure? panic but you'll never know cos 2coolwow
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? first game so idk
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? being a dumby that doesn't know ANYTHING
5. How many games have you played? 0
It may just be wording but since these questions help us understand you saying that we wont know how you play worries me since mafia having contact with each other means you could have other people's styles influence you and we aren't supposed to be able to read you when you say you wont know. Now that may be reading way to far into it but since my last game was on scum team this topic came up when people were accusing me, so I am kinda looking at that now.
Tardis is really hard to read since most of their posts are filler about the fathers day restocks so I need some more content to really read them over though considering their play style this has me a bit on edge.
As for Moonbrink I find it again mostly filler about when the tensity of the game will get started which bothers me since in the RQS they said they handle pressure ok? So why want intensity if you are not sure if you can handle it. I get the tester game but usually pressure is one thing people stay consistent with. If anything it makes me think they want people pressuring each other so they can slide through with a sheep vote.
Also Miharu you are doing amazing for your second game and you are playing a lot like last game so I am town leaning you at the moment.
Also Shiida is doing what they have done every game, soft claim, a third party is an easy cover for mafia but since its what they have done I am believing them for now until either a counter claim pops up since there is really not a way to test a third party survivor.
Everyone else is a null since there is so little content to really judge on.

Reminder not to contact people about the game, this is a no PM game so I would let the host contact them instead

So a lot of this is probably reading way to far into things but its what I am looking at.
As for my suspicion I would agree Esphas is looking a bit scummy. Though this is a newbie game and this being their first game the claim they didn't understand the starting RQS has me very confused since I have never seen this question interpenetrated as a role claiming question. I also dont understand why they would dodge this question then if they said they thought it meant to claim your role in a way considering they said growing as a player doesn't classify as an answer I dont see how this does. As Miharu pointed out that my answers would have been read if the RQS was copy and pasted, at least looked at, so that makes me confused when they say

It may just be wording but since these questions help us understand you saying that we wont know how you play worries me since mafia having contact with each other means you could have other people's styles influence you and we aren't supposed to be able to read you when you say you wont know. Now that may be reading way to far into it but since my last game was on scum team this topic came up when people were accusing me, so I am kinda looking at that now.
Tardis is really hard to read since most of their posts are filler about the fathers day restocks so I need some more content to really read them over though considering their play style this has me a bit on edge.
As for Moonbrink I find it again mostly filler about when the tensity of the game will get started which bothers me since in the RQS they said they handle pressure ok? So why want intensity if you are not sure if you can handle it. I get the tester game but usually pressure is one thing people stay consistent with. If anything it makes me think they want people pressuring each other so they can slide through with a sheep vote.
Also Miharu you are doing amazing for your second game and you are playing a lot like last game so I am town leaning you at the moment.
Also Shiida is doing what they have done every game, soft claim, a third party is an easy cover for mafia but since its what they have done I am believing them for now until either a counter claim pops up since there is really not a way to test a third party survivor.
I also think that Moonbrink is trying to sheep due to their answer to pressure and not answering any of our other questions for them. I'm most suspicious of Esphas like many here.

1. What is your timezone? Central standard
2. How do you react under pressure? i don't
3. Do you prefer to play as town or mafia? town
4. What are you going to be known to do this game? help the newbies
5. How many games have you played? like 10 or so? I don't remember, but I'm not a newbie

Okay. But shouldn't they have posted by now? The game started almost 24 hours ago. I know that people have lives but everyone else has posted already. I don't even recall them posting to get in on the game.

not everyone lives in the same timezone not to mention carnation restocks were happening too

Joining to the conversation, just cause Lucanosa and enchilada have been inactive doesn't mean they're scum. They've probably just been busy or th mafia game slipped their mind.

LOL it did slip my mind yesterday, with the carnation chaos that was happening, plus I've been really busy today so I haven't had a change to get on until now

HI Lucanosa!!! XD thanks to popping in and letting us know <: Looking forward to seeing you more active when you pop back in! :D

Heyy! c: Looking forward to seeing more posts from you too!~

~~~

;o you actually caught something I was going to point out myself LOL

Esphas's strange behavior + contradiction (probably happened because he felt threatened and rushed his thoughts) do seem sus, but this is his first game, right? I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt once since I know I did something similar in my first game too, but if he continues acting like that, I'll be making a case on him

as I said, I was busy all day + restock stalking yesterday but I've finally caught up w/ the thread
sorry for the wall of text lmao

@Seroja

My thoughts so far who has posted. I'm only sus of 2 people in this game right now Esphas and mogyay.

Esphas because calling out people who is scum with out giving a good reason like this post.

And also they were thinking about sheeping. To look it as a scum point of view it would be a good idea because scum could hide in the bandwagon and hope no one calls them out for it.

Number 4 of the RQS made me feel like they were going to sheep.

When I ask them

After I asked them that question they didn't want to sheep because I called them out for it.

mogyay- the Rqs made me feel like they didn't want people to know how they felt when under pressure and felt like they had something to hide .

Over all I'm not sus enough that I want to lynch them I plan to look into them more.

As for Esphas I feel more sure that they could be mafia.
Yeah I definitely found that suspicious of mogyay's answer, but she replied back to my question and I thought her answer was pretty understandable :3 It kind of reminded me of when Myuchuu (in Minties's game) said pretty much the same thing that they might "slip", yet they turned out to be town haha!~ Though she's currently null for me until she posts more/we get more info.

As for my suspicion I would agree Esphas is looking a bit scummy. Though this is a newbie game and this being their first game the claim they didn't understand the starting RQS has me very confused since I have never seen this question interpenetrated as a role claiming question. I also dont understand why they would dodge this question then if they said they thought it meant to claim your role in a way considering they said growing as a player doesn't classify as an answer I dont see how this does. As Miharu pointed out that my answers would have been read if the RQS was copy and pasted, at least looked at, so that makes me confused when they say

Ahhh thank you!! >//v//< I'm getting the hang of things fairly quickly after last game ahaha!~

I'm still trying to get better at my reads.
I think your read up above was pretty good :) At least a lot better than last game when you were mafia haha XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Heyy! c: Looking forward to seeing more posts from you too!~

;o you actually caught something I was going to point out myself LOL

Esphas's strange behavior + contradiction (probably happened because he felt threatened and rushed his thoughts) do seem sus, but this is his first game, right? I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt once since I know I did something similar in my first game too, but if he continues acting like that, I'll be making a case on him

as I said, I was busy all day + restock stalking yesterday but I've finally caught up w/ the thread
sorry for the wall of text lmao

Yeah this is his first game ahaha XD I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt too since this IS his first game, but after that contradiction and his replies back to my questions, I just really can't haha xD It's one thing if his story matches up, but it's another different story when his replies starts to contradict himself. It just really gives me a suspicious vibe haha xD

Woo!! Glad to hear you are all caught up cx

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Lucanosa
A question for you! :D How many times have you played as Mafia? O: 10 games is a lot holy XD

I'm glad to see that most of us are all caught up now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm going to bed fairly soon. See you all in roughly 8-9 hours.

As for my suspicion I would agree Esphas is looking a bit scummy. Though this is a newbie game and this being their first game the claim they didn't understand the starting RQS has me very confused since I have never seen this question interpenetrated as a role claiming question. I also dont understand why they would dodge this question then if they said they thought it meant to claim your role in a way considering they said growing as a player doesn't classify as an answer I dont see how this does.

the question is what youre going to be known for, not what ur personal goal is so i got confused. besides it was my first time seeing that thing. id never seen it before

i just meant sheeping basically and following the actions of others but i didnt go through with it bc i got bored and didnt know what the pacing of the game was meant to be like

AND YA if by contradiction you mean not bringing up your post, that was just me being clumsy. im pretty good at missing whats right in front of me. i have no reason not to mention you anyhow. you and miharu are experienced and even though xerolin is, i could understand i dont know as an answer to the way i thought the question could be answered ?\_(ツ)_/?

- - - Post Merge - - -

AND YA if by contradiction you mean not bringing up your post, that was just me being clumsy. im pretty good at missing whats right in front of me. i have no reason not to mention you anyhow. you and miharu are experienced and even though xerolin is, i could understand i dont know as an answer to the way i thought the question could be answered ?\_(ツ)_/?

sorry i thought i was addressing cad for a second lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back