• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

TBT/NMT/IGB Conversions

What's your preferred trading currency?

• TBT (forum currency)

Votes: 135 29.7%
  • IGB (in game bells)

Votes: 84 18.5%
  • NMT (nook miles ticket)

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • A mixture

Votes: 147 32.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.1%

• Total voters

Aleigh

sans n pap need to be protected under all costs
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
8231-3590-6823
New Horizons Token
Pink Hybrid Lily
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
May Birthstone (Emerald)
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I thought it would help a lot of people now that tbt is back up and running.

Disclaimer: values change. this is what I gathered from researching and doing a bunch of math, but it is subject to change. as well as values could be different per person.

So I was thinking, what is one NMT worth in TBT? Well, here are the conversions I found, along with the help of other users:

1 tbt = 100k igb
100 tbt = 10mil igb
1 nmt = 1 tbt
100 nmt = 100 tbt

I think it's safe to say the demand of NMT is exponentially lowering right now, making it worth less (especially with the growth of duping)

So what are the most common conversions for ACNH right now?
1 NMT = 1 TBT = 100k IGB
5 NMT = 5 TBT = 500k IGB
10 NMT = 10 TBT = 1mil IGB
100 NMT = 100 TBT = 10mil IGB

The rates seem to have steadied out recently, but it really comes down to the traders themselves. I just hope this helps give a bit of structure so the whole site can be on the same page (or at least in the same book lmao)

Take this how you will. These are not 100%, since all trades are different, and things change over time. But, I thought it'd be helpful as tbt is finally unfrozen and we can start trading them again. Please correct me if my math is wrong. I'm insecure and don't want people yelling at me lmao. In the end, the fairness is all determined by the people within the trade.

Some helpful links:
Villager Tier List
Collectible Tier List

Happy trading!

Latest edit: August 11th 2020

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I thought it would help a lot of people now that tbt is back up and running.

Disclaimer: values change. this is what I gathered from researching and doing a bunch of math, but it is subject to change. as well as values could be different per person.

So I was thinking, what is one NMT worth in TBT? Well, here are the conversions I found:

1 tbt = 200k igb
100 tbt = 2mil igb

1 NMT = 250k igb (roughly)
100 NMT = 25mil igb (roughly)

so what does that mean for NMT vs TBT?
(roughly, please don't attack me if you feel the conversions are wrong)

1 NMT = ~1.25 tbt
so pretty much 1 NMT = 1 tbt

so in conclusion:
1 NMT = 1.25 TBT = 250k IGB
100 NMT = 125 TBT = 25mil IGB

this seems pretty low due to the demand of NMT, however those are the numbers I found. Take this how you will. These are not 100%, since all trades are different, and things change over time. But, I thought it'd be helpful as tbt is finally unfrozen and we can start trading them again. Please correct me if my math is wrong. I'm insecure and don't want people yelling at me lmao

Happy trading!

NMT will most likely not drop down to 1 TBT. I would say 5-10 TBT per.
The issue with NMT conversions is its not really a currency and people can value those tickets differently than others.

Think about the effort it takes to make 1 TBT opposed to how long it takes to farm 1 NMT

NMT will most likely not drop down to 1 TBT. I would say 5-10 TBT per.
The issue with NMT conversions is its not really a currency and people can value those tickets differently than others.
yeah that's what I was thinking. At this point only time will tell, I'll update it once more trades are done and more data is taken

alright wait hold on I messed up give me a second

This is all crazy... I’m excited to see what is in store now that TBT are out again

Is there enough Bells in New Horizons to use New Leaf’s current rate? I cannot catch up with the current inflation rate if it’s going to exponentially grow.

Is there enough Bells in New Horizons to use New Leaf’s current rate? I cannot catch up with the current inflation rate if it’s going to exponentially grow.
I think so due to the duping in the beginning, but also NL has been out so much longer so I really have no idea. I'm hoping to get a better idea in these coming weeks

What is NL's current rate? The answer is probably no, but I'm wondering anyway.

It’s 20 million in-game Bells for 100 TBT. If you want to get a Weird Doll collectible, that’s the equivalent of 4 billion Bells.

I think so due to the duping in the beginning, but also NL has been out so much longer so I really have no idea. I'm hoping to get a better idea in these coming weeks

The problem here is that we have no access to the ABD if you’re out of town, and Nintendo still hasn’t expanded wallet size. If you want to get 100 TBT at that rate, you’re going to have to make five visits to town rather than just one.

As a result, I’ll probably ask for more TBT per IGB for the first many trades (like if I sold 20 million Bells, I would ask for 2,000 TBT or even 4,000 TBT). I would ignore the duping done at the start.

It’s 20 million in-game Bells for 100 TBT. If you want to get a Weird Doll collectible, that’s the equivalent of 4 billion Bells.
Okay, maybe you can use that rate. When I was around, the rate was much more inflated. (IGB had next to no buying power)

The problem here is that we have no access to the ABD if you’re out of town, and Nintendo still hasn’t expanded wallet size. If you want to get 100 TBT at that rate, you’re going to have to make five visits to town rather than just one.

As a result, I’ll probably ask for more TBT per IGB for the first many trades (like if I sold 20 million Bells, I would ask for 2,000 TBT or even 4,000 TBT). I would ignore the duping done at the start.
ah yeah you're right. things might get more strict because of that

ah yeah you're right. things might get more strict because of that

So would you like to start out at 100 TBT per 1 million? That would be a compromise the whole site can agree upon. But once it’s been a year; the exchange rate will go up. And remember, the staff does not control the exchange rate. Only the users.

Back