• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

TBT/NMT/IGB Conversions

What's your preferred trading currency?

• TBT (forum currency)

Votes: 135 29.7%
  • IGB (in game bells)

Votes: 84 18.5%
  • NMT (nook miles ticket)

Votes: 83 18.3%
  • A mixture

Votes: 147 32.4%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.1%

• Total voters
So would you like to start out at 100 TBT per 1 million? That would be a compromise the whole site can agree upon. And remember, the staff does not control the exchange rate. Only the users.
That sounds like a good start. I'm going to keep the original conversions just for later use, but let me edit real quick

Omg I actually have not seen any threads where conversions were 100 tbt for 20mil IGB in ACNH. Usually I saw 100 tbt for 1mil-1.5mil and usually saw nmt sold for 25 tbt per before tbt/abd went down.

Though definitely by now prices may have changed ahaha

So would you like to start out at 100 TBT per 1 million? That would be a compromise the whole site can agree upon. But once it’s been a year; the exchange rate will go up. And remember, the staff does not control the exchange rate. Only the users.
I mean that works, but TBT/IGB rates are never binding

I was thinking that part of the reason why it inflated so quickly back in 2014-2015 was because of the whole collectible craze at the time, combined with how people were valuing in-game Bells a lot less (since ACNL was out for over a year and how everybody got what they wanted). But now that we have a new game, and now that there are more collectibles than ever before, the rate should stabilize again.

Alright, thank you to everyone who is helping. I updated the original post to hopefully make it more fair / easier towards NH. It's kinda chunky right now but it's also one in the morning so I'll clean it up later.

Please, to everyone, give me your insights! This is a community drawn type thing! The more voices, the easier it is to decipher the fairness :)

Please, to everyone, give me your insights! This is a community drawn type thing! The more voices, the easier it is to decipher the fairness :)

I think it'll be best if you didn't have the info of NMT conversion rate with New Leaf's current conversion since it's confusing ahaha I was confused at first and didn't realize you were doing the math from New Leaf to New Horizons and just immediately assumed from your original post you were talking about ACNH since NMT is only in ACNH. I thought there were actually transactions of 100 tbt = 20 mil IGB which is crazy since ACNH is still fairly new and it's not easy for many users to accumulate that many bells in the amount of time since the game came out ahahaha

I feel like the current most common conversion rates for IGB/NMT to TBT for ACNH would be

100 tbt = 1mil
20 tbt = 1 NMT

5 NMT = 100 tbt = 1mil IGB

This is based on transactions that happened before our ABD went down and current transactions now in ACNH. Hope this helps!~ :3
(As you mentioned, this will definitely change in the future as nothing is ever set and is determined by each individual trader and how each person values them)

Last edited:
I think anyone's free to decide what they want to ask in return for any of the currencies.. It's ultimately up to the buyer/trader to decide whether they think it's worth it :)

I think it'll be best if you didn't have the info of NMT conversion rate with New Leaf's current conversion since it's confusing ahaha I was confused at first and didn't realize you were doing the math from New Leaf to New Horizons and just immediately assumed from your original post you were talking about ACNH since NMT is only in ACNH. I thought there were actually transactions of 100 tbt = 20 mil IGB which is crazy since ACNH is still fairly new and it's not easy for many users to accumulate that many bells in the amount of time since the game came out ahahaha

I feel like the current most common conversion rates for IGB/NMT to TBT for ACNH would be

100 tbt = 1mil
20 tbt = 1 NMT

This is based on transactions that happened before our ABD went down and current transactions now in ACNH. Hope this helps!~ :3
(As you mentioned, this will definitely change in the future as nothing is ever set and is determined by each individual trader and how each person values them)
It does! However I have work pretty soon so I can’t update it right now haha
Post automatically merged:

I think anyone's free to decide what they want to ask in return for any of the currencies.. It's ultimately up to the buyer/trader to decide whether they think it's worth it :)
That’s true, everyone’s different. My main goal was to just get some kind of idea if anyone was confused and I’ll be updating it as more trades are made

This is really helpful thank you! ^^; been stressing out trying to find a decent guide on the conversion rate of tbt

Even though I think this is a good start, I do think TBT is more valuable than NMT since I think they are being cheated in (there’s no way these eBay sellers are working for them) while TBT on the other hand is far more regulated since TBT Staff have done many actions to prevent exploits.

100 tbt = 1mil
20 tbt = 1 NMT

Totally agree the way they did this is confusing; I saw the OP’s listed rates and I was like lmao that’s not accurate at all from anything I’ve seen on the NH boards.

The rates Miharu posted are about right from what I’ve seen and experienced as well:

100 tbt = 1mil
20 tbt = 1 NMT

I updated it to make it less confusing as it is now not one in the morning lmao

we're def getting somewhere

That's a great thread it's really helpful, thanks!
I'm quite confused as to why NMT are worth so much though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't either, like the demand for them is so high lmao

Because of this

23a2d0ec5e32ce7ca8ca4fb08b83522c37bb79d9.png

Bumping to keep this on the first page

Back