• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

TBT Valentine's Day Arts & Crafts Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are awarding the brand new Pavé Pink Feather to every single participant, and with three categories to enter it is safe to assume that a minimum 30* people will also walk away with the new Pink Love Potion. Then with the placement trophy (Pavé Tail Feather), bonus Pink Love Potion to give a friend, and two pre-announced raffles for rare collectibles it is arguably less effort to obtain multiple collectibles here than in one of our large-scale events. Even people who do the bare minimum are guaranteed to walk away with at least one pink shiny.

While we know members enjoy our larger events, we hope you can appreciate that we don't have the energy or manpower to churn out big multi-activity events every single time. Large-scale events take us weeks to coordinate, run, and wrap-up: if an event runs for 3-4 weeks then it is safe to assume that it required 2-3 months of work from start to finish. Many of the staff—especially our amazing artists who spend hours lovingly designing each banner and collectible—experience burnout after each event and need a good month or so of rest before they're ready to begin thinking about the next. I'm sure some of our more competitive and completionism-minded members feel the same way. I'm a bit of an outlier in that I have endless energy and enthusiasm and tend not to experience this burnout I credit a coffee and Red Bull addiction. We choose to pepper smaller events like this one here and there during the quieter months to prevent the community stagnating between our larger events, such as right now, in the 3-4 month lull between our annual Winter Holiday and Easter events. Jeremy and I were able to pull this together in two days with unexpected (but very much appreciated!) support from Laudine and Mick. The original draft of this event didn't have the Pink Love Potion, the raffles, or the seperate categories - and the banner I drew was laughable! We hope that there are people who appreciate a smaller-scale event with just 1-2 new collectibles like this in lieu of none at all.

*exact number won't be determined until we see final participation numbers.
Now I know I didn’t make the comment so I probably shouldn't even respond but I would just like to say as a sensitive small bean I completely understand and appreciate the progress behind events big and small this community and our staff members on this site are amazing and have helped me when I couldn’t help myself! I love all the artwork and energy put into this and even if this event is small it gave me motivation to make an art piece that is messy yet I’m proud of. We are all human and need personal time and not all events and rewards are the same. We are lucky we get anything free with it being 2022 and covid 😵 I just want to say thank you so much for all you guys do and I’m sorry I know this isn’t a chat thread but want you to know it’s appreciated and I’m sure many others feel how I do

The Valentine’s tree is so pretty!
B5CFA4ED-51F8-40F3-A20B-89F7A1CA6AA2.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's my entry for the miscellaneous crafts category! I decided to try my hand at needle felting. I went with Maple! I'm pretty happy with how she turned out considering this was my first attempt at felting :) I also decided to make an orange tree out of Perler beads. I chose oranges as I'm from FL! The Valentine's Day card is inspired from Maple's catchphrase. When setting up the background for the photo, I used green wool for the grass, white wool for the clouds, and an ACNH blanket backdrop.

I hope everybody has a Happy Valentine's Day!

cIecAy3.jpg

Z0Di5sx.jpg

wPwAc3I.jpg

DbSacMY.jpg
I forgot to get a picture while making the tree, though if needed I can take a picture of the supplies I used for proof.

here is my take on my favourite animal crossing couple's wedding day plate!

63FF3FA0-4B06-4C36-965E-E9F6867466D9.jpg

i think this would fall under misc crafts? i used paper to paint reese and cyrus because i couldn't get the texture right when painting them directly on the plate. i've always admired their love and part of me hopes i'll get to experience something so loving and sweet someday 💕 i originally wanted to make a paper dress/doll of reese in her wedding dress but changed my entry to celebrate both reese and cyrus this valentine's day! i know they run the wedding event in june but wouldn't a wedding day on valentine's day be so lovely? 🥰

....and now to wash my mother's china dish before she notices it's gone!🤫

(edited post with permission to include text about the piece)

Last edited:
Here's my entry for the miscellaneous crafts category! I decided to try my hand at needle felting. I went with Maple! I'm pretty happy with how she turned out considering this was my first attempt at felting :) I also decided to make an orange tree out of Perler beads. I chose oranges as I'm from FL! The Valentine's Day card is inspired from Maple's catchphrase. When setting up the background for the photo, I used green wool for the grass, white wool for the clouds, and an ACNH blanket backdrop.

I hope everybody has a Happy Valentine's Day!

This is so fantastic, congrats on your first needle felting as well~!
I've been wanted to start as well, but unsure how to start. Was it difficult? Any first starter tips?

This is so fantastic, congrats on your first needle felting as well~!
I've been wanted to start as well, but unsure how to start. Was it difficult? Any first starter tips?
Thank you! 🥰
It wasn't too hard! You're mostly just stabbing some wool with a needle until it becomes more firm and forms the shape you desire. It's easy to fix mistakes too as you can cover them up with more wool of the correct color. As for tips I say definitely wear finger guards (I stabbed myself 4 times) and lift your project off the pad often so it doesn't become attached. Once you start, I know you'll have a good time :)

Thank you! 🥰
It wasn't too hard! You're mostly just stabbing some wool with a needle until it becomes more firm and forms the shape you desire. It's easy to fix mistakes too as you can cover them up with more wool of the correct color. As for tips I say definitely wear finger guards (I stabbed myself 4 times) and lift your project off the pad often so it doesn't become attached. Once you start, I know you'll have a good time :)
Oh wow, thank you for the info~ It definitely sounds a lot of fun, and I feel more motivated to get started! Hope it didn't hurt too much.

Everyone can get a gorgeous pink feather. You don’t need to have amazing skills.

Honestly I am not an artist and most of my entries have been embarrassing but staff are generous and kind.

Just try 💜
I know we can all the get the feather, that would be the one I want the least besides the pokeball. I'm not an artist either and those are not my favorite events but I'll participate if it means I can get the collectibles I want. There were ones at christmas I couldn't get and that was fine because I was able to get enough currency to get a number that I did want. I guarantee I wouldnt win the drawing for the wand or get nominated by an admin which would get me the potion. nor do I have anyone here who would give me one. I'm perfectly happy to do the challenges and earn the collectibles im just bummed we dont have that opportunity here.

the staff does release rarer collectibles on occasion because that kinda stuff is what keeps the tbt economy going and generates some forum interest during times when there are no events going on. the point is that they're really difficult to get so getting one is truly an accomplishment, though I do have to say that the raffles are terribly luck based (I've only ever gotten one decently rare collectible from a raffle, a pink feather from their AC 20th anniversary raffle).

We are awarding the brand new Pavé Pink Feather to every single participant, and with three categories to enter it is safe to assume that a minimum 30* people will also walk away with the new Pink Love Potion. Then with the placement trophy (Pavé Tail Feather), bonus Pink Love Potion to give a friend, and two pre-announced raffles for rare collectibles it is arguably less effort to obtain multiple collectibles here than in one of our large-scale events. Even people who do the bare minimum are guaranteed to walk away with at least one pink shiny.

While we know members enjoy our larger events, we hope you can appreciate that we don't have the energy or manpower to churn out big multi-activity events every single time. Large-scale events take us weeks to coordinate, run, and wrap-up: if an event runs for 3-4 weeks then it is safe to assume that it required 2-3 months of work from start to finish. Many of the staff—especially our amazing artists who spend hours lovingly designing each banner and collectible—experience burnout after each event and need a good month or so of rest before they're ready to begin thinking about the next. I'm sure some of our more competitive and completionism-minded members feel the same way. I'm a bit of an outlier in that I have endless energy and enthusiasm and tend not to experience this burnout I credit a coffee and Red Bull addiction. We choose to pepper smaller events like this one here and there during the quieter months to prevent the community stagnating between our larger events, such as right now, in the 3-4 month lull between our annual Winter Holiday and Easter events. Jeremy and I were able to pull this together in two days with unexpected (but very much appreciated!) support from Laudine and Mick. The original draft of this event didn't have the Pink Love Potion, the raffles, or the seperate categories - and the banner I drew was laughable! We hope that there are people who appreciate a smaller-scale event with just 1-2 new collectibles like this in lieu of none at all.

*exact number won't be determined until we see final participation numbers.
sorry but i disagree. i appreciate the work yall put into these events but i have a much better chance of getting collectibles if i have the ability to earn them. i know we can all the get the feather but that and the pokeball i dont really care about. i have zero art skills so i wouldnt get an admin nomination which would get me a potion and my one friend on here isnt participating either for the same reasons as me so no one to gift me one. Also next to zero chance id get picked in a raffle. if however i could do things to earn currency i would do them and buy the collectibles for myself as i have done in previous events. therefore much more chance to get things myself. just bummed i cant do that here and knowing that apparently this is one event that will always be like this which means i never can. i have no problem with less collectibles just with the extremely limited shot in the dark chance of getting them.

sorry but i disagree. i appreciate the work yall put into these events but i have a much better chance of getting collectibles if i have the ability to earn them. i know we can all the get the feather but that and the pokeball i dont really care about. i have zero art skills so i wouldnt get an admin nomination which would get me a potion and my one friend on here isnt participating either for the same reasons as me so no one to gift me one. Also next to zero chance id get picked in a raffle. if however i could do things to earn currency i would do them and buy the collectibles for myself as i have done in previous events. therefore much more chance to get things myself. just bummed i cant do that here and knowing that apparently this is one event that will always be like this which means i never can. i have no problem with less collectibles just with the extremely limited shot in the dark chance of getting them.
You could just buy the collectible you want with TBT when it hits the collectible marketplace. It'll be a lil expensive but you already have 6k TBT so that's a start! (Could have a little more if you participate in the event, and sell the pink feather)

You could just buy the collectible you want with TBT when it hits the collectible marketplace. It'll be a lil expensive but you already have 6k TBT so that's a start! (Could have a little more if you participate in the event, and sell the pink feather)
that would cost most if not all of my tbt, no thanks

Hope it's okay to ask here: Are you not able to trade the Pavé Pink Feather? Because I wanted to send it to someone but the "Gift" option doesn't show up for me. :/

Hope it's okay to ask here: Are you not able to trade the Pavé Pink Feather? Because I wanted to send it to someone but the "Gift" option doesn't show up for me. :/

In the first post they say they won't be giftable during the event, only after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back