• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

That 2 mil+ debt

nightglow

🍂🐌🍄🪵🍂
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Pink Poyopuffball Foraged Mushroom
Porkini Foraged Mushroom
Mythical Foraged Mushroom
Stony Elephant Fungus Foraged Mushroom
Embarrassed Foraged Blushroom
Bronzed Bushwhacker Foraged Mushroom
Stained Trombone Spore Foraged Mushroom
Booton Foraged Mushroom
Zero-G, Commander, Foraged Mushroom
Monumental Foraged Mushroom
I know I have seen alot of people deciding not to pay the last debt they have to Nook for their house. It looks like from this facebook post from Nintendo, you can't get the storage expansion until you paid that debt first. I thought I would give a heads up.
Glad I paid mine already...

Facebook Post Nintendo

i was worried that would happen, i was hoping u could just expand anyway

i haven't paid mine but luckily i have just enough bells for it
i probably won't ever pay the next one though tbh

I expected it when they showed it with Nook; thanks for the confirmation. I’m very far off so...time to mass sell pumpkins.

You can also do exterior customizations once everything is fully paid off. Not a huge deal but it's nice to freely experiment with different aesthetics for free.

I know the struggle with paying off the final home loans especially considering I was upgrading 5 houses simultaneously so my payments for the final loans alone totaled over 10 mil...

Their twitter post about the home storage upgrade also confirmed it. It's nice for there to be a good reason to pay off that loan finally.

Considering I have almost max bank account of bells, this doesn’t affect too much lol

They did show 1600 -> 2400 and you only get 1600 after completely upgrading your house. It makes sense that a storage upgrade would be the next thing you buy from Nook after paying off the final (now second to last, I guess) debt.

I just hope it isn't outrageously expensive. Not like it matters, but it would be silly to have to pay over a million Bells for storage.

It makes sense for them to do this because you should have paid off your debt before you get the storage expansion. lol

👁👄👁

i honestly didn’t even think of that lmao. thankfully, i have more than enough bells to pay off the final loan and i’m glad that i finally have a reason to do so aha :^)

buying turnips and trying to finish all my cornering the stalk market achievements early on in the game helped me to pay off all my loans quite fast and easily. glad to see there will be another incentive to actually paying the loan all off rather than holding off on it (other than the free one a day exterior customization) i'm so so so happy for the extra storage being added!

Hmmmmmm.... More storage is always welcome. Considering my island looks like a dumpster mountain cause I just keep throwing stuff EVERY where 😫

But please Tom I am poor 😔

I sort of expected this news when I saw the trailer, not personally super thrilled though. I definitely won't be able to get the storage upgrade right away because I don't currently have the money to pay off my final loan. Time to get to work earning those bells I guess.

suddenly glad I paid off that last loan thinking I'd get an achievement or something for it!

It's a new incentive to pay the loan in full, I quite like it! Have paid it off already on my main character but now there's a good reason to pay it off in full for the other ones. Back to the fish and turnip grind!

Ah, that's extortion. 🙃

Honestly it's fine, we needed a proper reason to pay off that loan and free customisation wasn't really a good one. It would have taken 500 exterior changes to spend as many bells as it takes to pay off that basement...

I paid mine off within days, by working hard.

I only just started my second character two weeks ago, and have fully paid that off too.

It's not hard to do.

I don't like being in debt, and always pay what I owe.

Back