• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

I’ve mentioned this here before but I really wonder if some people’s games are bugged or something re: meteor showers, because it’s baffling to me every time I see someone complain that she doesn’t mention them. She always has without fail for me, if it’s early in the day she says we’re in for a rare treat of shooting stars tonight and if the shower has already started she says the sky above our island is full of shooting stars. If her not announcing it for everyone is a bug I don’t understand why it hasn’t been fixed yet.
wait, you've been getting announcements about them? i literally had no idea that people were getting them; maybe my game is bugged because she never mentions it to me or any of the side characters. ahhh, if it's a bug, then i'm reporting it. thanks for letting me know that you get them!

I’ve mentioned this here before but I really wonder if some people’s games are bugged or something re: meteor showers, because it’s baffling to me every time I see someone complain that she doesn’t mention them. She always has without fail for me, if it’s early in the day she says we’re in for a rare treat of shooting stars tonight and if the shower has already started she says the sky above our island is full of shooting stars. If her not announcing it for everyone is a bug I don’t understand why it hasn’t been fixed yet.

Probably because people don’t know it’s a bug? because I only had one meteor shower, and that was on April 4th, and the only way I knew about it was from my villagers (and for reference, my town hall was established on the 31st of March so there was more than enough time for Isabelle to tell me about it)

to mention something completely unrelated, there’s a glitch in the butterfly room in my museum where a plant hanger in the upper right hand corner isn’t appearing, I know this because every time I come in and stay for a while, I notice that the Madagascan sunset moth keeps landing on something that isn’t visable, but still there, it’s been like this for a while and hasn’t fixed itself, it isn't a game breaker, but it’s bothersome to me...

Probably because people don’t know it’s a bug? because I only had one meteor shower, and that was on April 4th, and the only way I knew about it was from my villagers (and for reference, my town hall was established on the 31st of March so there was more than enough time for Isabelle to tell me about it)

to mention something completely unrelated, there’s a glitch in the butterfly room in my museum where a plant hanger in the upper right hand corner isn’t appearing, I know this because every time I come in and stay for a while, I notice that the Madagascan sunset moth keeps landing on something that isn’t visable, but still there, it’s been like this for a while and hasn’t fixed itself, it isn't a game breaker, but it’s bothersome to me...
oh, i didn’t mean it’s baffling to me that people bring it up, but that it keeps happening for me to keep seeing it brought up to begin with! whenever i see it mentioned that isabelle doesn’t announce meteor showers i go “what, that hasn’t been fixed yet? people still have this problem? are you kidding me?” because i’ve been seeing this issue mentioned since the game came out and it still isn’t fixed. i just find it really really weird given that it’s such a common complaint, i don’t see how nintendo hasn’t done anything about it. i was incredibly confused the first time i heard of it, though, because i had no idea other people weren’t getting meteor shower announcements.
Post automatically merged:

wait, you've been getting announcements about them? i literally had no idea that people were getting them; maybe my game is bugged because she never mentions it to me or any of the side characters. ahhh, if it's a bug, then i'm reporting it. thanks for letting me know that you get them!
oh she doesn’t mention the visitors, no (though i really wish she would), but the meteor showers definitely. in fact, this isn’t my screenshot because i didn’t have one on-hand but here’s a screenshot of what she always tells me if i open up my game the day of a meteor shower before it’s started:
CDBF149F-07CD-46FE-A0CB-D5F4211D45F6.jpeg

i’m sure she’s meant to announce them and it’s weird to me that this is such a common issue that’s gone unresolved.

Last edited:
Oh, wow. I never knew about the announcements. I've played daily since release, and have (don't be mad at me) time traveled through the entire months of August-December.. I've never once had a shooting stars announcement.

Omg what?? I've NEVER had a meteor shower announcement from isabelle. I've only had one meteor shower and there was no announcement that day, I just happened to hear the 'pling' noise in the sky when I was going about my business around my island.

I've been wondering, with all the glitches and complaints, if there was a way to contact Nintnedo directly? I would like to ask them a few questions.

I'm so tired of everything having randomly assigned color that differ from each player. I just learned this also goes for fishing tournament items.

I've been wondering, with all the glitches and complaints, if there was a way to contact Nintnedo directly? I would like to ask them a few questions.

I recently had Isabelle anounce a meteor shower for the first time. Stars were pretty much falling out of the sky almost constantly. The other "meteor shower" days only had a few stars. I think Isabelle only announces the big ones

I mostly love ACNH (my first AC was the GameCube version many moons ago; I also played ACNL and dabbled in PC), but, like many others, I wish the villager interaction was more... well... interactive.

It bums me out to spend time setting up these elaborate outdoor areas that my villagers NEVER VISIT. I’ve read that connecting everything via paths encourages villagers to walk to other areas (like my tiki bar), but my island is designed to be more wilderness-y, so I don’t want paths running everywhere. Besides, if villagers are attracted to paths, shouldn’t it be sufficient to terraform a large block of, say, sand for a zen garden, or wooden flooring for a tiki bar? These terraformed areas show up on my map, but I almost never see villagers in them.

Same goes for villagers interacting with objects. What’s the point of decorating with chairs or benches if your residents just plop down on the ground next to them?

And this one might just be me, but it seems like my villagers get up and walk away if I try to sit down next to them on a bench or on the ground (using a cushion). Like, dang, Nintendo, that’s way harsh.

I also wish there was a writer on staff who could add new dialogue for each update. I know it’d probably never happen, but villager-specific dialogue would be amazing! I was really excited to get Flora because she’s so cute, but, because I already have a Peppy in Audie (one of my faves), Flora just comes off as a copycat — even though she has a different hobby than Audie does.

I really don't know how they expect us to build snowmen in how we're supposed to set up our islands. Paths, items, flowers, trees... it's gonna be so annoying.
Oof, I haven't thought of that but it's going to be a nightmare!

I feel like Isabelle should announce both the small and big showers. How are you supposed to know when they're going to happen?

oh, i didn’t mean it’s baffling to me that people bring it up, but that it keeps happening for me to keep seeing it brought up to begin with! whenever i see it mentioned that isabelle doesn’t announce meteor showers i go “what, that hasn’t been fixed yet? people still have this problem? are you kidding me?” because i’ve been seeing this issue mentioned since the game came out and it still isn’t fixed. i just find it really really weird given that it’s such a common complaint, i don’t see how nintendo hasn’t done anything about it. i was incredibly confused the first time i heard of it, though, because i had no idea other people weren’t getting meteor shower announcements.

oh she doesn’t mention the visitors, no (though i really wish she would), but the meteor showers definitely. in fact, this isn’t my screenshot because i didn’t have one on-hand but here’s a screenshot of what she always tells me if i open up my game the day of a meteor shower before it’s started:
View attachment 268038
i’m sure she’s meant to announce them and it’s weird to me that this is such a common issue that’s gone unresolved.

I think this might be a translation whoopsie? In Japanese her announcement specifically states meteor shower. You can have a small to medium amount of shooting stars on any clear day, but Isabelle should only announce meteor showers, which are the big ones. So I think people are getting confused because they think she should announce any type of shooting stars at all, which she doesn't.

I hate that the stalk market has two prices, one in the am and one in the pm. Now I’m back at work there is literally no way for me to figure out what price pattern I have and make an educated guess on when to sell turnips outside of TTing. I know I could use the turnip exchange, but frankly I don’t fancy waiting hours in a queue to visit someone’s town or paying stupid prices to enter. And what happens for people who don’t have Nintendo Online? I’m so annoyed by this oversight on Nintendo’s part.

I think this might be a translation whoopsie? In Japanese her announcement specifically states meteor shower. You can have a small to medium amount of shooting stars on any clear day, but Isabelle should only announce meteor showers, which are the big ones. So I think people are getting confused because they think she should announce any type of shooting stars at all, which she doesn't.
hmm, so you’re saying that when she announces that the sky is or will be full of shooting stars, she is in fact announcing a meteor shower—but you can still have shooting stars and not have a meteor shower, and that’s why people don’t always get the announcement? that... well, makes sense as to why people are getting confused, but then i don’t get why they translated it that why. why didn’t they just have her say “we’re in for a rare treat tonight: a meteor shower!” and “there’s a meteor shower right now, so the sky is full of shooting stars!” or something along those lines? knowing that makes me wish it would be changed but i don’t expect it to be, sadly.

I really don't know how they expect us to build snowmen in how we're supposed to set up our islands. Paths, items, flowers, trees... it's gonna be so annoying.
this. also it's slow, annoying and has a lot of problems. I wish you would just smash a key, an animation played like the one crafting and badabing badaboom there is a snowmen

1) Why do villagers talk about visitors even if said visitor did not talk to them? And that’s just the beginning, it gets worse. My brother finally found Raymond on a mystery island and decided to invite him and TT him in. One of his first dialogues was talking about me. I haven’t even been to my brother’s island at the time after he adopted him. Really makes no sense.

2) Really annoying how there doesn’t seem to be a way to put things on the middle of larger tables outside. When you’re inside you can use the designer function to drag things onto the middle of the table, but there doesn’t seem to be an option outside.

The bug nerf is really making me sad... what wonder there was in the game has evaporated. I never had to try to love any of the other ACs, they were full to the brim with personality. And AC has always been designed somewhat generously, this stinginess hurts... I just miss seeing multiple emperor butterflies while gardening. I waited months for them to come back, to show them to my fiancé, but their spawn rate was literally halved... I was excited by all the new stuff, but when I failed to catch the one emperor that spawned all evening, it just reminded me that things can be taken away from us now.

And I whine so much about it because I don’t have much else in my life any more and because this is the last video game franchise that I could rely on for joy and not frustration. And it’s a uniquely special part of my childhood.

Every time I walk through my island I see sticks EVERYWHERE. Sticks are littering my patches everyday and it gets annoying to pick up. I don’t want Isabelle to tell me that my town looks bad because of the trash, so I pick up what seemed to be a stack of sticks every day. It might be a little nitpicky, but I am annoyed at the level of sticks I pick up everyday.

Back