• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Every time I walk through my island I see sticks EVERYWHERE. Sticks are littering my patches everyday and it gets annoying to pick up. I don’t want Isabelle to tell me that my town looks bad because of the trash, so I pick up what seemed to be a stack of sticks every day. It might be a little nitpicky, but I am annoyed at the level of sticks I pick up everyday.
Sticks should only stay around for the next day if they were shaken from a tree. Or heck don't have sticks at all unless the tree is shook. I get having them everywhere when you start the game. It makes it look deserted and in need of cleaning. But after that, stop the madness.

Every time I walk through my island I see sticks EVERYWHERE. Sticks are littering my patches everyday and it gets annoying to pick up. I don’t want Isabelle to tell me that my town looks bad because of the trash, so I pick up what seemed to be a stack of sticks every day. It might be a little nitpicky, but I am annoyed at the level of sticks I pick up everyday.
Isabelle won't complain about naturally occuring items like sticks, so you don't have to worry about your rating

Sticks should only stay around for the next day if they were shaken from a tree. Or heck don't have sticks at all unless the tree is shook. I get having them everywhere when you start the game. It makes it look deserted and in need of cleaning. But after that, stop the madness.
Right! I just want my peaceful, fully-developed island life without the sticks. It’s madness!

Isabelle won't complain about naturally occuring items like sticks, so you don't have to worry about your rating
Oh good, I was afraid that would affect my rating. Good to know, thank you!!

what’s the deal with villagers being original? like I don’t mean to be rude but how does it affect gameplay?

Why is interest so low??? I get that there's millionaire players who would just get richer but I GOT 662 BELLS FOR 1,324,837 IN MY ACCOUNT
you might know about this already, but the interest rate was actually nerfed a few updates ago—players even got a letter in the mail about it and a measly bell-bag rug as compensation. i suspect it was done to prevent TTers from exploiting interest, but... i doubt very many TTers specifically tried to exploit the interest anyway since that’s about the most tedious bellmaking method i can think of. i’m a TTer and made so many bells off mine and my friends’ turnip prices that soon enough i ended up just feeling actively annoyed by the interest letters because i didn’t need it! i feel like it was only real-time players that were actually hurt by it, which sucks lol.
Post automatically merged:

wait, do those even count toward your rating? i rarely pick them up since i thought “well, they naturally spawn so it’d be dumb to count them against me, and not even weeds seem to hurt the rating much”. and last i checked i still have 5 stars with sticks everywhere and weeds in my orchard. (edit: ahhh i scrolled up a bit and saw someone already told you this, sorry!)

you might know about this already, but the interest rate was actually nerfed a few updates ago—players even got a letter in the mail about it and a measly bell-bag rug as compensation. i suspect it was done to prevent TTers from exploiting interest, but... i doubt very many TTers specifically tried to exploit the interest anyway since that’s about the most tedious bellmaking method i can think of. i’m a TTer and made so many bells off mine and my friends’ turnip prices that soon enough i ended up just feeling actively annoyed by the interest letters because i didn’t need it! i feel like it was only real-time players that were actually hurt by it, which sucks lol.

YEAH! I got it and I thought "well it can't be that bad they can't have lowered it that much" but no. In NL I have roughly 9mil bells in my bank account and I get an interest of roughly 300k, that's pretty much a third.

If they wanted to lower it why not bring it down to at least a quarter? That would be way better than whatever they went with for New Horizons.

YEAH! I got it and I thought "well it can't be that bad they can't have lowered it that much" but no. In NL I have roughly 9mil bells in my bank account and I get an interest of roughly 300k, that's pretty much a third.

If they wanted to lower it why not bring it down to at least a quarter? That would be way better than whatever they went with for New Horizons.

Interest in other games was capped at 99k so that amount is more then what you would get a month in previous games

The bug nerf is really making me sad... what wonder there was in the game has evaporated. I never had to try to love any of the other ACs, they were full to the brim with personality. And AC has always been designed somewhat generously, this stinginess hurts... I just miss seeing multiple emperor butterflies while gardening. I waited months for them to come back, to show them to my fiancé, but their spawn rate was literally halved... I was excited by all the new stuff, but when I failed to catch the one emperor that spawned all evening, it just reminded me that things can be taken away from us now.

And I whine so much about it because I don’t have much else in my life any more and because this is the last video game franchise that I could rely on for joy and not frustration. And it’s a uniquely special part of my childhood.
I agree. I loved seeing the multiple bugs and butterflies fly by as I was laying down paths or decorating. Now it just seems... barren. I hope that Animal Crossing will still bring you joy, even with all the new changes!

I'm getting burnt out on AC. There are just so many design decisions that irk me. Really, what does tool durability add to the game? I can't be bothered to go for golden tools because they break like everything else. I could go on for a while, but what's currently getting under my skin is these needlessly long events. Bunny day was atrocious, with the wretched eggs infesting every method of resource collection. And the wedding event is interesting, but for a whole month?! What's wrong with having events that are only a single day in length?

I quit the game for a good week after the fishing tourney, which because of Bunny Day had me wasting time getting friggin' EGGS. Animal Crossing events traditionally do not have a lot of content, and that was fine when it was one specific day, but if they're going to have all events be sprawling weeks-long affairs despite being bare bones, I'm gonna check out entirely sooner or later. If I want MMO-style grinding, there's plenty of other sources of that particular flavor of tedium.

I am so disappointed to have found almost all the fish and insects of June in 1 day of play only !

I only have the saw shark, the goliath beetle and the rainbow stag to find... Have rarity rates been increased ?

I'm getting burnt out on AC. There are just so many design decisions that irk me. Really, what does tool durability add to the game? I can't be bothered to go for golden tools because they break like everything else. I could go on for a while, but what's currently getting under my skin is these needlessly long events. Bunny day was atrocious, with the wretched eggs infesting every method of resource collection. And the wedding event is interesting, but for a whole month?! What's wrong with having events that are only a single day in length?

I quit the game for a good week after the fishing tourney, which because of Bunny Day had me wasting time getting friggin' EGGS. Animal Crossing events traditionally do not have a lot of content, and that was fine when it was one specific day, but if they're going to have all events be sprawling weeks-long affairs despite being bare bones, I'm gonna check out entirely sooner or later. If I want MMO-style grinding, there's plenty of other sources of that particular flavor of tedium.
It personally feels less real to me when they celebrate single days over weeks, especially since the old single-day events used to have villagers talking about it a lot, taking part, etc. It's like the event is an MMO contraption only for the player and not a real thing you're inhabiting with your town =( it's too meta.

I'm glad more people get the chance to take part, and I personally like this event, but I do think it's too long, and it's like... they don't feel fleshed out enough for how long they take, so the length of them only makes them feel less special/more grindy imo.

I'm getting burnt out on AC. There are just so many design decisions that irk me. Really, what does tool durability add to the game? I can't be bothered to go for golden tools because they break like everything else.

honestly, my (not entirely serious, lol) theory is that nintendo saw all the people saying they wanted more games to be like breath of the wild, completely misinterpreted what everyone meant, and said “oh! well link’s weapons can break in that game, so what if we put that into our new animal crossing? everyone will love it!”

whatever the reason is, it’s just so annoying to me ajsjdjfkgkd i play animal crossing to relax and my tools breaking pulls me out of that and makes me annoyed. at least in BOTW it made sense and i didn’t feel like it took me out of the game or that carrying extra weapons around was a waste of my inventory space. like why can’t we have a separate bag for tools in this game?? i remember initially thinking the tool ring would do that but nope.

what’s the deal with villagers being original? like I don’t mean to be rude but how does it affect gameplay?
I think this only applies to when you first adopt a villager. I personally would want to adopt an original villager because some people gift them clothes or furniture (such as sea bass and other fish) that I might prefer for them not to have. Furthermore, some people have offensive custom designs in their Able's that the villagers end up wearing. These unfortunately cannot be removed even if you speak to Isabelle. I do gift my villagers stuff if I intend for them to be permanent residents, but if I was going to trade them away I would probably only gift them fruits :)

Little rant for the day: we need to be able to store flowers in our storage. I am halfway done with breeding all the hybrids and I'm realizing that I have no idea where I want to put them. My original idea was to have seasonal flower colors, but that would rely on storing a couple of each color of the flower in storage which is impossible.

Sometimes ppl online can be soo inconsiderate! Had people over selling turnips and this guy left tru minus button, and the person that remained in town had to sell turnips all over again bc of that. Another person arrived, and the visitor who experienced the inconvenience of the minus button thought, you know what? I will screw everything up for the other ppl too!
I mean, I understand if you don't know what happens to everyone else if you do that out of ignorance, but that was just mean.

It's really annoying how the other user on my switch lite has the ability to delete MY DESIGNS which just happend on accident like come on seriously

Little rant for the day: we need to be able to store flowers in our storage. I am halfway done with breeding all the hybrids and I'm realizing that I have no idea where I want to put them. My original idea was to have seasonal flower colors, but that would rely on storing a couple of each color of the flower in storage which is impossible.
Yes! Leif was in town today and I wanted to switch out my previous bushes to the hydrangeas that are in season now. Now I have no idea what to do with all my old ones. I want to keep them for next spring but have nowhere to put them. It doesn't make sense that they can't go in storage.

I'm sick of the crafting. It was cute at the beginning but now it's just annoying and tedious.
Post automatically merged:

Also Drago won't stop singing in the plaza. For the last 2 hours he's been singing and it's driving me crazy!

Last edited:
Back