• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Tbh the villager polls are getting kinda old and repetitive at this point imo
this! i usually like engaging in this forum, but all i see are the villager polls and nothing actually worth discussing.

also, i don't understand why isabelle doesn't tell you from the start of the day that you'll have a meteor shower that night? i don't actually remember, but aren't they announced in the bulletin board in nl? why not even give players a headsup, even in the daytime?

I can't wait for the start of June! Not because of the new bugs, fish, and events, but because the Museum Day event will finally be over. I don't need to be reminded every day that the event is still happening; please just identify my damn fossils Blathers. Maybe the reason Blathers reminds me about the event every day is because the event is so forgettable.

I really can't stand that they got rid of tarantula islands. I know I'm like a month or 2 late, but I'm still bitter. I wish I could still do them because they were such a good way to get bells, which I really want to pay off my sister's house debt. I just wish there was a grindy way of getting bells that doesn't involve time traveling (If there is one, please tell me! I'd love to know what it is.) Also, what was the point of getting rid of hybrid islands? They were nice and pretty and now I don't get to see them every time I go island hopping :(. I also can't stand the stamp rally. It took me 5 minutes to navigate my museum and get all of the stamps. I don't want to be reminded every 5 seconds that it is staying fresh for those who have already completed it. I really don't want to do that stupid stamp thing, please stop reminding me that I could do it again if I wanted. I would rather hear talk about fossils for three hours straight.

I looked up the number of houseplants that were in acnl yesterday and got really sad lol counting ones you could only put the ground there were like 15. Acnh has like... literally 5.

Terraforming also killing me as always. My left joycon is basically unuseable now (continually drifting up, I literally cant move down anymore), and the prices for new ones online are ridiculous atm. Luckily I have a pro controller but I liked playing mainly in handheld mode :(

I gotta echo the others on Isabelle, matter of fact that's why I stopped by the thread today.

I'm so fed up with Isabelle having absolutely nothing to say. She's so utterly useless. Either announce some real news, or just don't talk at all so I can just hurry up and play the game.
This!!! When I was frantically TTing for villager trades I was losing my mind at how often I had to hear her ramble on and on about absolutely nothing.

well, Isabelle greeted you as well in nl, and all she would say is basically what we have in nh, the only thing I remember her mentioning in the previous game were birthdays, tournaments, move in/outs, and holidays (and mentioning if tortimer was visiting so you could get to the island) of course she doesn’t help set you up anymore, but it’s all done before you see her.

So, Isabelle having nothing to say is really nothing new, if I’m being brutally honest (and I love her) and if tom Nook were to take back the role, it’d be the same thing, just with a twist of things from his perspective.

To add onto the villager polls point...

At the end of the day, they all share the same dialogue if they have the same personality (which is ridiculous, they really should do more to differentiate the villagers at this point.) What makes a certain villager so special?

As everyone's already complained about Isabelle doing nothing in terms of announcements, I just want to add in I wished she'd at least update the bulletin board with her daily musings or something. Since none of my villagers are celebrating their birthdays anytime soon, my bulletin board's been empty since like the Fishing Tourney.

She could write some interesting notes about her horoscope or her TV habits, something like those soliloquy posts we used to have and keep the announcements to reporting about special characters or talking about the weather. Her special dialogue when Redd arrived was cute but it only happened once so that was slightly disappointing.

The lack of furniture is killing me. My house looks like absolute crap.
Seriously. I only finished the back room. It's my crafting room, but every other room is just empty. I don't like the furniture. I have kitchen and bathroom furniture just thrown into the right/left side because I was deciding to make those two kitchen/bathroom, but none of the furniture speaks to me. It doesn't help that they're also so randomly different that they clash and not in the good way like the AC charm.

I had this problem in NL to, but it was more because I didn't put the effort in until one of my friends wanted to visit. Then I got the ball rolling and it took me like one day to make decent rooms. I feel like I need to struggle with the barebone list to make any room look decent.

Oh god and I hate hate hate how my villagers will always comment on the stuff I have outside and be like 'This is weird to have out here, isn't it?' And it's something like the seashell fountain, big fountain, outdoor bench ect. It's so annoying. Just like how talking to them makes them act like you're being a nuisance. They're so anti-social in this game.

I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed by so many people rushing around me on the forums and internet generally to complete stuff. It seems so many people are rushing to get their 'dreamies', rushing to complete all the fish/bugs/fossils, rushing to speed up the development of their island with TT, rushing to get millions and millions of bells through turnip selling on other people's islands, rushing to get a fully terraformed 5 star island etc etc.

Obviously everyone can play their own game how they enjoy it but I wish there was a bit more appreciation for the natural slow pacing of the game (e.g. enjoying that villager you didn't pick out as a 'dreamy' from the list of 400+, enjoying slowly catching/finding bugs/fish/fossils, enjoying the gradual accumulation of DIYs/Redd's art etc etc).

The game for me definitely seems to be a marathon not a sprint, and a game to be appreciated over time. I think a variety of play-styles is good but I do feel that some styles get lost a bit on these forums and elsewhere. Don't know if anyone else feels this or I'm just being a grump?

Are they ever going to make an effort to get Pocket Camp items into the main game? They haven't added anything new regarding that with any update. I really just want some wings in the game. 😭

I really can't stand that they got rid of tarantula islands. I know I'm like a month or 2 late, but I'm still bitter. I wish I could still do them because they were such a good way to get bells, which I really want to pay off my sister's house debt.

Last time I tried the tarantula/scorpion island was still possible as long as you leave like 5+ trees left standing. Maybe it's only possible on bamboo island. And it's definitely quicker when it's raining. :)

Last time I tried the tarantula/scorpion island was still possible as long as you leave like 5+ trees left standing. Maybe it's only possible on bamboo island. And it's definitely quicker when it's raining. :)
Ah, alright! I heard a rumor that the bamboo islands still worked... I guess they are true! Thank you! (Also, acpc items are the best, I think wings would be such a cool event item to have!)

well, Isabelle greeted you as well in nl, and all she would say is basically what we have in nh, the only thing I remember her mentioning in the previous game were birthdays, tournaments, move in/outs, and holidays (and mentioning if tortimer was visiting so you could get to the island) of course she doesn’t help set you up anymore, but it’s all done before you see her.

So, Isabelle having nothing to say is really nothing new, if I’m being brutally honest (and I love her) and if tom Nook were to take back the role, it’d be the same thing, just with a twist of things from his perspective.

i agree, but at least she felt useful to some degree because of time travel, deleting villagers and deleting towns. now it feels like she's only there as filler content... i'd even go so far as to call it fanservice... i don't remember her telling me that she finished her cross word puzzle for the hundreth time in acnl xD

Isabelle in NL was right at the start and it didn't take long to get started. She just spit out the facts. The date and time in case it is wrong, if you forgot to save, and then told you the going ons. Compared to NH the load time for NL is bearable. I don't know if it's my switch, but it takes a really long time to get to Isabelle's desk scene.

If Isabelle just did this instead of than rambling about BS and not telling us anything useful even when there are things going on people wouldn't be so annoyed. She came back simply because of fanservice.

Be careful what you wish for.

I feel like a lot of points can be pointed at the games industry as a whole. But, with New Horizons specifically; I am just kinda sad that full games aren't released anymore. Always updates. I am probably just a boomer of the gaming world but you used to pay 60 dollars for a complete game. Of course, they weren't free of bugs or glitches or had things they could improve upon. I still prefer New Leaf, to be honest. I liked the Welcome Amiibo update of having that gameplay that was generally good, and updates were more to fix things and make things easier for the player rather than... New.. Content..

Now don't get me wrong; I sincerely commend them for having real time released events so that way people can't spoil what happens on them. But to have entire series of furniture missing, removing features from the old games that we like and have come accustomed to JUST to add it on later?

I may be in the minority here, but the crafting of tools is getting really monotonous. I get that Pocket Camp was successful but did people really like having to craft stuff THAT much? We see the way everyone is rushing to get the stuff they want (myself included I won't lie). And on that I really hope that they add a durability meter for the tools. If they take away being able to reset the durability by customizing, they are really corralling the players experience in to how they intended to play the game; and if they really wanna stick with this route of making your island your own they shouldn't do that.

I still love animal crossing and I do love things about New Horizons but in general I still find myself liking New Leaf better.

You're not alone dude. It's telling when a lot of topics are about rants and things we wished they did better. I don't remember seeing any of those during the other games times on this forum. It doesn't help that the physical copy will be useless soon enough. And it doesn't help that the other games were complete by the time they were released. Sure people can spoil things, but I'd rather take that over waiting 2 months for a real update. All the other updates have been so slow and minuscule. Oh wow we can plant bushes now. We could do that in NL from day 1 if we TT enough to get things right.

I've never been a fan of the shove things out before they are finished and then fix them later. Bethesda is horrible with this. (or Bugthesda)

Aaaaahhh, I feel like it's just me and my sister that agree with one another. And then I feel bad for ranting but I feel like it's... just? I don't want bad for the developers or anything. I just also REALLY hate as you said "he shove things out before they are finished and then fix them later" thing. And I feel like New Horizons was super guilty of that BECAUSE it had already been so long between games. I would rather wait for a finished and polished game than get a copy and not be able to enjoy it to it's fullest from the get-go.

I’m still not a fan of item color variants. I hate that I have to trade to get everything in order to realize my vision. It’s not a good feeling.
I feel like this is where Cyrus should had came in if they didn't want us crafting and customziing everything. They should had brought him back to customize the Nook rewards and orderables we can't customize.

Back