• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

T h i s. Had Hazel doing this with someone's custom MHA shirt (I believe?) when I adopted her from them. It didn't look bad but I just wanted to see her with her default jacket.

Like why even give us the option to fix someone's clothing if they're gonna wear the outfit the next day??? It's pointless lmao.
You know, in NL the option to complain about their clothes is mainly just meant for getting rid of uncomfortable custom designs as instead of putting them back in their default shirt it just puts them in this weird boring white one. I thought it’d be the same in NH until I found out they can rotate between a bunch of different outfits now and they keep old custom designs when adopted, and then I thought that of course complaining to Isabelle would remove everything from their wardrobe except the default, custom design or not, because what if you or another villager gives them an ugly shirt that you don’t want in their rotation anymore? What if, as in your situation, their previous owner put them in a custom design that you’re either uncomfortable with or just don’t like? There has to be a way to get rid of all of that, right?

...Wrong. It’s pointless just as you said and I hate it. Lily gave Marina an instant muscle suit as a gift and the only way I could get her to stop wearing it was to give her tons of other outfits, as complaining to Isabelle just reset her to default for a little while before she put the stupid muscle suit back on. I feel like this has gotta be a bug, and if not then it’s a serious lack of foresight from nintendo. Especially with the lack of restriction on what you can put on a custom design combined with the fact that, apparently, visitors can put their designs in your Able Sisters without even having to be best friends!

I said this in another thread, but I'm genuinely angry that Amiibo support for other amiibos was cut off. Also I hate how voided villagers still have a potential to populate your friends' island when they have been voided for over a week. Like come on why...I don't get it they should be gone for good. It makes me feel bad when my friend ends up telling me that they got one of my villagers and it ruined their island theme.

Also for the Amiibo issue I actually hope they add it later on like what they did for New Leaf, but that might take a while 😭

I said this in another thread, but I'm genuinely angry that Amiibo support for other amiibos was cut off. Also I hate how voided villagers still have a potential to populate your friends' island when they have been voided for over a week. Like come on why...I don't get it they should be gone for good. It makes me feel bad when my friend ends up telling me that they got one of my villagers and it ruined their island theme.

Also for the Amiibo issue I actually hope they add it later on like what they did for New Leaf, but that might take a while 😭
My friend got a villager from the void of someone who had been MIA from our discord for several weeks at the time. I’m sure it had been at least a month since we last visited her. Why is there seemingly no way to even clear your void in this game?? In NL you can clear it by visiting someone who has 10 villagers, but I’ve visited friends when they had 10 villagers and as soon as they got down to 9 they’d get someone from my void. It’s ridiculous lol, I honestly wish the void didn’t exist and “random” move-ins were truly random.

And yeah the amiibo thing makes me sad too, I really want almost every sanrio villager back and Wolf Link & Epona :( I don’t even understand why there are sanrio posters but nothing for the Zelda and Splatoon villagers who are from Nintendo’s own IPs. God, it’d be so cool to have posters for them. As well as posters of the villagers themselves! I’m really really hoping we get all those things somewhere down the line, plus their special furniture too (I need Etoile’s especially!) but idk if that’ll happen, and if it does it might take a while like you said. :(

I miss the old furniture in new leaf! Like, why can’t they incorporate the Astro, minimalistic, or lovely set? Also, I MISS BREWSTER AND GRAICY GRACE!! Serving my villagers coffee was super fun, and collecting the very expensive sets from Gracie Grace. Also, I miss all the exotic fruit that you can get in the islands, why can’t they incorporate them?! The dialogue feels so empty, it wasn’t the same as in new leaf. Most of the times, I just skip over the mails and dialogue :/ Remember when you got to pick up flowers without a shovel? It’s such a hassle moving a few flowers!!

My resident services is 2 tiles off center from the airport and it's driving me nuts. I have spent a small fortune moving buildings around in the hopes I can disguise this disgusting lack of symmetry but so far nothing is working.
I feel your pain 😭 mine is off by one and it's driving me nuts the only thing I can think of is to not connect them at all 😢

What the actual flying hail is the point of customization kitsch if we cant even change color of the dang tooting furniture from nooks gosh darnit nintendo!!!!
Post automatically merged:

I feel your pain 😭 mine is off by one and it's driving me nuts the only thing I can think of is to not connect them at all 😢
ME TOO SO I HAVE TO USE AND DESIGN MYSELF 25 DESIGN PALLETTES TRYING TO MAKE IT LOOK OK... WHY NINTENDO YOURE HORRIBLE!!!!

Yep, that's what I ended up doing. Makes going to resident services from the airport kind of a pain but it was totally worth it

Talk to villager once: Hi there nice to see you!
Talk to villager twice: Wow you've been interested in me a lot today!
NINTENDO. C'MON. This dialogue is just so irritating, pointless, and in general the dialogue feels soooo much staler. I talked to my NL villagers everyday yet I never felt like it was repetitive. Keep in mind I had FIVE Normal villagers in my town. Were I to repeat this in NH it would be the same words five times in a row. I'm a day one player and I've gotten to the point where I can assume what my lazy villager will say because they've been with me for two-and-a-half months. "Sun and moon and stars will be happy, gotcha." UGH I'M SO MAD AT HOW IT'S MAKING ME DISLIKE TALKING TO VILLAGERS.

Talk to villager once: Hi there nice to see you!
Talk to villager twice: Wow you've been interested in me a lot today!

I like the dialogues overall, but I'll never get over that one. Slowly trying, as it doesn't seem to actually matter nor impact the dialogues they give you after, but it makes me sour every time...

I've been playing both New Horizons and New Leaf lately to kind of compare the two. Here is what I have come to dislike while comparing the two (I have dislikes for both btw, so not trying to hate on NH.)

1. You can't destroy flowers. Running over or digging up flowers used to completely get rid of them. Now you have to dig them up one by one, unable to even stack them, and sell them or have someone else come get some. They also spread at a very rapid rate.

2. Flowers do not grow on the beach. I know this is logical, but I like being able to breed my hybrids out of the way of everything else, and that is on the beach.

3. They removed a lot of fruit. Not only perfect fruit, but also tropical fruit. We are on an island in the middle of an ocean, after all. It'd be cool to see the lemons and mangos and bananas and such again.

4. The lack of furniture. Decorating is a big part of the game, and I feel as if there isn't a whole lot to choose from. It'd be nice to see more variety by bringing in older sets or introducing new sets in the future.

5. I may just be picky, but I'd really like to see more hairstyles / wigs. Nothing we currently have stands out to me, and I know they have the ability to make really cute & unique hair.

6. Multiplayer. I love playing Animal Crossing games with my friends, but I feel like there isn't a whole lot to do together. It'd be cool if we could visit Nook Miles islands together, but I understand why that may be difficult.

7. Villager "personalities." They literally have no personality at all. All I hear about is air drying laundry, bug friends, being famous, etc. It is all the same dialogue every single day and it kind of irks me. Personality is huge to me when it comes to games like this.​

I’m here to rant about the villager cap. I don’t understand why we can only have 10 villagers like NL when our island is much bigger than our NL towns. WW has 8 but NL got 10 so why didn’t NH get an increase? If not that, let us use player slots as villager slots. I have my own switch that nobody else plays on so having all these possible slots for others is a waste to me. I’m not asking for 20 villagers just 2 more would be nice! I’m sure it’s been said before but it’s something I think about every time I play.

Can we have an option to turn Isabelles announcement off please. I really don’t care about the spicy tuna casserole on last nights cooking show.

Or better yet, an option to fire her. I’d like Booker or Copper to take over, I’d care about their crossword puzzles.

FLOWERS!!!

Seriously I've spent so long digging up flowers & it's so tedious, I hate it when I go to fill the hole I made in only to end up plucking flowers & the fact I've broken at least 2 shovels in the process just makes it even more annoying. I miss the old way of plucking them to sell them or just being able to run through them to destroy them.

Back