• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but an option to be able to purchase flimsy tools at the drop-off box at Nook's Cranny at any time. It's one of those things where you don't want to keep reminding yourself about stocking up on tools for when the store closes. Real life gets in the way and sometimes you forget.

pAiNt iT pUrPlE aNd tOsS It iNtO tHe SeA fOr All I cArE! gAHAHA!

that's all I have to say

So this evening this sweet person on instagram had offered to give me Marshal and I said sure but needed to timetravel to make room for him and she let me. 17 minutes later I finally finished and went over to her island thinking I still had a plot. I talked to Marshal and I speed through his dialogue since I was confident enough he was going to move in. I come back to my island and excitedly looked at the sold plot to make sure he's moving for real and it said ****ing Tiffany...I'm sorry Tiffany fans but Tiffany left a bad taste in my mouth and now I want to burn me and her at the stake.

I wish there was a way for shops to be open later, sort of like the night owl ordinance in NL. I play at night quite frequently and I hate having to rush to shops before they close. Why can’t Nook’s Cranny be open 24/7 with one twin on the day shift and the other on the night shift? Small complaint, but just something I’m a bit annoyed with. Still adore the game as a whole.

Last edited:
I’m here to rant about the villager cap. I don’t understand why we can only have 10 villagers like NL when our island is much bigger than our NL towns. WW has 8 but NL got 10 so why didn’t NH get an increase? If not that, let us use player slots as villager slots. I have my own switch that nobody else plays on so having all these possible slots for others is a waste to me. I’m not asking for 20 villagers just 2 more would be nice! I’m sure it’s been said before but it’s something I think about every time I play.

This is one I don't see Nintendo changing or addressing honestly.
The Switch already lags if you have too many items placed, it can't keep up with loading stuff. They didn't even give us the option to have 2 islands on one console, the odds of them allowing more villagers looks slimmer and slimmer. It continues to look to me like they *want* you to buy 2 consoles, both with Nintendo Online. Lul.
As someone who had 3 ACNL towns: Nah

It's not a problem with the game, but it's real life getting in the way of the Fishing Tourney and Bug Off... I'm recently getting back into working after being quarantined for a couple of months, and I work at an on-site job on Saturdays from 9am-5pm. Given that it takes me ~45 minutes to get home from work, this means that I am effectively screwed out of participating in Fishing Tourneys and Bug Offs, since these events take place from 9am-6pm on Saturdays, which is basically my entire shift. If this was New Leaf, this wouldn't be a problem since I could easily get the one fish or bug that nets enough points to place the night before or even during my lunch break, but with this game's new system on how to earn points and how many points you need to get the trophies, I won't have enough time to do much. Since I want to participate in these events and collect the trophies, I now have to resort to time travel, which I don't really like to do. Not the end of the world, but still kind of sucks that I have to do that

It's not a problem with the game, but it's real life getting in the way of the Fishing Tourney and Bug Off... I'm recently getting back into working after being quarantined for a couple of months, and I work at an on-site job on Saturdays from 9am-5pm. Given that it takes me ~45 minutes to get home from work, this means that I am effectively screwed out of participating in Fishing Tourneys and Bug Offs, since these events take place from 9am-6pm on Saturdays, which is basically my entire shift. If this was New Leaf, this wouldn't be a problem since I could easily get the one fish or bug that nets enough points to place the night before or even during my lunch break, but with this game's new system on how to earn points and how many points you need to get the trophies, I won't have enough time to do much. Since I want to participate in these events and collect the trophies, I now have to resort to time travel, which I don't really like to do. Not the end of the world, but still kind of sucks that I have to do that

This is one if the things I'm annoyed about too. I was hoping in this game they would make it an all day event so that you could play at anytime and have a chance at getting some of the rewards. I'll have the same issue, work 9-5 every Saturday so no chance of joining in unless I TT.

Found out today that you can't build a new bridge and demolish an old one on the same day. I have to wait until tomorrow for my new bridge, then demolish one, then wait until the next day for it to be gone? So frustrating.

Yep, I'm upset about this too. I won't miss the Bug-Off personally, because I'm able to be awake and around Saturday in the day, but that's only because my fiancé keeps an unusual sleep schedule - we're in an international LDR (but even though our circumstances are unusual, yours certainly aren't, there are loads of people who don't work the 9-5 weekday schedule). He rarely plays in the day as it is, and would miss the Bug-Off, but I'm pretty sure he'll TT for it - but at the same time he doesn't normally have to TT and it doesn't feel the same as getting to participate in realtime, it can be disappointing to have to TT just like you experience, and somewhat immersion-breaking/feels like a slippery slope. I think this would be very disappointing in general, and I'm sorry that the event is designed so thoughtlessly in this regard. And I'm not looking forward to spending three hours catching bugs myself, lol. At least the bug swag is really nice... It's extra disappointing because ACNL already had something of a solution for most of these problems in the Night Owl ordinance.

(I slept in until noon the last fishing tournament and only got the Silver Trophy because I refused to immediately grind the tournament e_e)

I wish there was a way for shops to be open later, sort of like the night owl ordinance in NL. I play at night quite frequently and I hate having to rush to shops before they close. Why can’t Nook’s Cranny be open 24/7 with one twin on the day shift and the other on the night shift? Small complaint, but just something I’m a ***** annoyed with. Still adore the game as a whole.

Maybe you could try playing in a custom timezone. Like set your game clock 2-6 hours behind. That way if you are sleeping most the day away, you won't miss anything in AC.

I think either Redd and Leif need to switch places on the visitor schedule where Redd is guaranteed each week. Or why not simply have him come every Saturday? I'm sure K.K. wouldn't mind. Can't believe there's a chance he can sell all fake art. Big bummer for people who don't get him for weeks at a time.

Also, I wouldn't mind an actual Windmill either. Wind Turbines aren't my cup of tea. ;)

My main gripe right now is trying to find any reason to want to play. I HATE terraforming, and without doing that there is nothing interesting to bring me in. My villagers are just furniture and their convos are sooo boring. Other than events, i really feel no drive to sign in to the game anymore.

This is exactly how I'm feeling right now, the game is just starting to bore me. I'm been working non stop since the game was released so I don't have the playing non stop excuse to be bored but everything seems just so tedious lately. Villager interaction is pointless, just getting same boring recipes, no new furniture or events & similarly I absolutely hate terraforming.

This is one if the things I'm annoyed about too. I was hoping in this game they would make it an all day event so that you could play at anytime and have a chance at getting some of the rewards. I'll have the same issue, work 9-5 every Saturday so no chance of joining in unless I TT.

Found out today that you can't build a new bridge and demolish an old one on the same day. I have to wait until tomorrow for my new bridge, then demolish one, then wait until the next day for it to be gone? So frustrating.

What they could do is bring back Chip and Nat for traditional tournaments since these are basically their kids, and what CJ/Flick could do the day before them is to call you up and ask “Hey (name), I was calling up and wanted to tell you the fish/bug off is tomorrow, but I was wondering, do you want a modern tournament or traditional one?” Picking the latter would bring back the old style of the all day tournament and depending onthe season it would replace CJ/Flick with Chip/Nat respectively (Or you could just cycle them (CJ/Chip) or (Flick/Nat) so it keeps it fresh

Honestly, that’s nothing new, Isabelle in NL refused to do this as well, her reason being is that she was caught up in legal papers to remove a pwp or that we only have resources to build one Pwp at a time and even then, you have to still wait a day if you cancel funding prematurely...

This more my annoyance with the community more than the actual game itself.

I feel like I'm quite outspoken when it comes to this, but I feel like New Horizons has really brought out the worst of the fandom. From the cautionary tale that is Nookazon and what NOT to do with a rabid community to those who attack and belittle others just because they have and like popular villagers like Raymond or Judy, to the scammers, to the fandom's weird obsessiveness with being 'wholesome' but in the same breath being as toxic as possible to fellow fans.

I mean I know all (well most) of these things were problems back then in New Leaf and maybe even older games. But it never felt like Animal Crossing was just this...chaotic before. I honestly had to leave the Nookazon discord server. Interacting with others in the community nowadays always puts me on edge and makes feel drained more than happy. I really hope things change for the better later on..

I think either Redd and Leif need to switch places on the visitor schedule where Redd is guaranteed each week. Or why not simply have him come every Saturday? I'm sure K.K. wouldn't mind. Can't believe there's a chance he can sell all fake art. Big bummer for people who don't get him for weeks at a time.

Also, I wouldn't mind an actual Windmill either. Wind Turbines aren't my cup of tea. ;)

Yep this happened after Redd not showing for a month. All fake items. My museum has like 3 art pieces, it was such a let down.

I need to rant about adopted villagers keeping their clothes from the previous owner.
Even when I tell Isabelle about it, it resets just for that instance and when I log back in, they wear the clothes again.
I gift new clothes in an attempt to override it, and they still wear the old-village's clothes and put the ones I give them in their house.
Like wtf? I saw on reddit that someone got a Judy from a different island and she was wearing a shirt that said "fxck yeah." The reddit user wanted to remove it because she shares her island with her daughter, but Isabelle just can't seem to remove it permanently.

THIS IS A BUG, and Nintendo really has to fix it!!!!

I’ve accepted that Redd clearly thinks my island is trash, since he rarely comes to visit.

Back