• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

You are also free to express your opinion.

On the flip side, your exact arguments can be inverted. A lot of the times the NH-fanatics try to convinced me that I am "wrong" for not obsessing over the game. Often telling me to straight up stop playing the game. But I don't viciously attack the opposing side - saying there's too much positivity going around for a subpar game.

People are free to make positive AND negative critique of the game. And hell, the debates/discussion can be fun (until they turn a tad toxic). The same way YOU don't want to be convinced the game isn't as great as you think, people like me don't want to be gaslighted into believing the game is a masterpiece.

I personally see many more people dumping their complaints about the game when people share things they are enjoying about the game (not necessarily here, but definitely on reddit and twitter) than I see the reverse - but either way it's not a great look. Nowhere in my rant did I say people can't complain. You can see my complaints all over this forum.

But sometimes I want to share a picture of a room I designed without someone declaring "too bad NH doesn't have as much furniture as NL" like it has anything to do with what I've posted. There's a time and place for everything, including critique. No, the game is not a masterpiece but things aren't required to be works of art to be fun to people. I like what the game does well so I am having fun - I don't need to be told I'm wrong anytime I have something positive to say.

Last edited:
not really a rant, more of a vent/ramble

Does anyone else feel kind of "Meh" when update content is announced? There hasn't really been an update that's made me excited for something to be put in the game, I think the closest was the swimming/dream suite one. Most of the updates so far have just been holidays. I sorta compare New Horizons to the Sims 4 in a sense that yeah there're updates and yeah some of them are pretty cool but its hard not to notice all of the glaring flaws when trying to enjoy the cool ideas. Sims 4 is waaaay worse than NH though lol

not really a rant, more of a vent/ramble

Does anyone else feel kind of "Meh" when update content is announced? There hasn't really been an update that's made me excited for something to be put in the game, I think the closest was the swimming/dream suite one. Most of the updates so far have just been holidays. I sorta compare New Horizons to the Sims 4 in a sense that yeah there're updates and yeah some of them are pretty cool but its hard not to notice all of the glaring flaws when trying to enjoy the cool ideas. Sims 4 is waaaay worse than NH though lol
Aside from Redd's art and the diving update, there wasn't really a lot of updates that excited me. And it was more like a 'Finally we're getting this stuff back!' and less about just being super hyped for it. And I thought the Summer waves would bring back way more. And we'd get an Autumn 'breeze' update with more stuff. And then those big updates just fizzled out and we got a huge stretch of just event updates and not much else.

Sure we got pumpkins which is cool, but most of the stuff hasn't really got me hyped.

A very opinion based rant but I'm so fed up of the music that I'm actually just going to change it lol
I will literally sacrifice online for music that I much prefer
Then I will be able to enjoy the game way more

I hear ya. These 1AM tacks can't even compare

Just beautiful

Another beautiful peace (though not official)

Obnoxious, irritating, and pure anxiety inducing.

I hear ya. These 1AM tacks can't even compare

Just beautiful

Another beautiful peace (though not official)

Obnoxious, irritating, and pure anxiety inducing.
Can't tell if you included the middle one as a low-key compliment but that I made that one :') so, thank you!
And I very much agree, although even ACGC's late night music was also not great. ACWW and ACNL night music are so much better than the others

Last edited:
While, I think some of AC:NH's hourly tracks are underappreciated, the hourly TOS as a whole doesn't hold a candle to WW/CF's hourly TOS as a whole. WW/CF was unbeatable. :,,,,)
But this is probably just nostalgia talking, as CF was my first AC game, and my first time playing it dates all the way back to 2009. :ppp

I'm starting to feel like the only one who likes NH's 1am 😅

I can maybe see how it could be irritating to some, but I find it relaxing and charming, not sure why haha. Though my favourite 1am track is NL's!

And @Jez that track is sooo pretty! I would have loved it to be in the game.

I can maybe see how it could be irritating to some, but I find it relaxing and charming, not sure why haha. Though my favourite 1am track is NL's!

I love NHs 1am song. But 2am is so much better.
I think if 1am and 2am were swapped around no one would complain about the music at night.

Thanks!
I'm going to mod it on my switch tonight to see how it sounds :p
I can't mention the h word here I think but that's what I meant originally hahah

I don't know if I can explain it very well, but I'll try. It's definitely the quirkiness (in a bad way) of it the the melody, the trumpet, the synth, and the fact that the melody temp holds and gets slightly faster and higher and then just instantly cuts out. Also all the quick single synth(?) notes that just pop at certain points. There's no flow to it at all, there's no calmness either, like with Wild World's. Wild World's sets the mood. You've officially stayed up past midnight and everything is quiet and peaceful. Wild World be like "You still up, fam? No worries, I'll help you sleep". New Horizons be like "Why are you still playing!? I'm going to make you quit!"

If I had to pick a time stamp for the most annoying sequence, it would be 0:27 - 1:04. Though pretty much the entire song once you enter the main loop. I think the song has potential if some of the notes were rearranged, the trumpet replaced with piano, and the single note pops removed.

It's just weird cause I find it the exact opposite of relaxing as the rise in tone and the immediate cut makes me feel anxious

Can't tell if you included the middle one as a low-key compliment but that I made that one :') so, thank you!
And I very much agree, although even ACGC's late night music was also not great. ACWW and ACNL night music are so much better than the others

I love it (and all the others). Felt it captured what late-night music should sound like. Very calming.

Thanks!
I'm going to mod it on my switch tonight to see how it sounds :p
I can't mention the h word here I think but that's what I meant originally hahah
the brew? It's not only for negative things but allot of people view it like that. My 2nd 3ds had it just for custom themes and custom games. Shame Nintendo doesn't allow the basic features it normally allows or it wouldn't be such a big problem :p

I don't know if I can explain it very well, but I'll try. It's definitely the quirkiness (in a bad way) of it the the melody, the trumpet, the synth, and the fact that the melody temp holds and gets slightly faster and higher and then just instantly cuts out. Also all the quick single synth(?) notes that just pop at certain points. There's no flow to it at all, there's no calmness either, like with Wild World's. Wild World's sets the mood. You've officially stayed up past midnight and everything is quiet and peaceful. Wild World be like "You still up, fam? No worries, I'll help you sleep". New Horizons be like "Why are you still playing!? I'm going to make you quit!"

If I had to pick a time stamp for the most annoying sequence, it would be 0:27 - 1:04. Though pretty much the entire song once you enter the main loop. I think the song has potential if some of the notes were rearranged, the trumpet replaced with piano, and the single note pops removed.

It's just weird cause I find it the exact opposite of relaxing as the rise in tone and the immediate cut makes me feel anxious

I love it (and all the others). Felt it captured what late-night music should sound like. Very calming.
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them :)
And I also share your sentiments with 1AM. I don't like trumpets really unless they're used for things that sound epic or orchestral I suppose. 1AM sounds more like an 80s love song or something and it's just not my style. 1AM and 3AM actually sound like judging in the form of music lol
the brew? It's not only for negative things but allot of people view it like that. My 2nd 3ds had it just for custom themes and custom games. Shame Nintendo doesn't allow the basic features it normally allows or it wouldn't be such a big problem :p
Right? And yeah, that's what I meant! If they just added a volume slider then I wouldn't consider breaking the TC's lol, and another example with the Switch being 4 years old with only 2 home menu themes...so I can see why lots of people are harmlessly "changing" their switch for this.

Interesting! Yeah I could see why all that could make the track irritating or disconcerting. I'm thinking maybe I heard something similar in my past and it makes me nostalgic instead? I remember playing a city-building phone game and it had a relaxing jazzy tune at night, with trumpets. That might explain it lol.

Also @Moritz, I agree, 2am is my absolute favourite track in the game and I wish it played earlier!

additional custom design slots when? as someone who can't manage their qr codes properly, i'm running out of it and i have to delete qr codes that i least use just to make way for other qr codes which is annoying 😭

Man, why cannot we store DIYs yet? I reset just almost a week ago, and I am already getting duplicates. Yes, you can sell or toss them, but that is not as fun. I wanna be able to save them in bulk and sell/trade them without having to trash my house or my island with them. And I'm, sure NO ONE wants to make a thread for each single duplicate they end up getting. It would be be annoying for both the creator AND the viewers on ACNH Trading board.

such a minor complaint, but the "tail" on the cat dress was... a choice. not sure why they (if they weren't going to have a 3D one, similarly to PC) they didn't just draw a wavy line on the back that actually looks like the average cat's tail instead of a smooth version of the rabbit tail on the bunny dress.

I'm interested from a coding standpoint why they haven't made DIYs storable. I'm just assuming that if after an entire year they haven't made such a seemingly quick and simple fix, there's something making it difficult? Surely it can't just be that they can't be bothered or they don't care 😕

I don't personally have issues with this but my friend constantly has DIYs all over her beach to give away and I wouldn't be able to stand that...

I looked online at photos of cherry blossom season in Japan and noticed that many images show blossom viewing lanterns hanging in the trees. I wish we had lantern garland that could be displayed outside, even it were on poles like the Festivale Garland. Also it sucks that the Festivale items aren't orderable since one Festivale Garland isn't enough to make a nice big party area. I need quite a few Festivale Garland items.

Back