• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

I looked online at photos of cherry blossom season in Japan and noticed that many images show blossom viewing lanterns hanging in the trees. I wish we had lantern garland that could be displayed outside, even it were on poles like the Festivale Garland. Also it sucks that the Festivale items aren't orderable since one Festivale Garland isn't enough to make a nice big party area. I need quite a few Festivale Garland items.

I totally agree.

On one hand I'm glad that I'm not scrambling to find DIYs before the Festivale but it does bug me that we get 1 item per day in a set that I feel like will look better with multiples. I'm wondering if maybe we will learn to craft the items? I'm not sure. But it is definitely a bummer because I would love multiple balloons, garlands, stalls, etc and being limited to one is frustrating. In some aspects of the game it's clear the developers don't want us to time travel but then they choose to release furniture sets like this? I'll have to time travel in order to get the amount of pieces I want or trade online.

I'm interested from a coding standpoint why they haven't made DIYs storable. I'm just assuming that if after an entire year they haven't made such a seemingly quick and simple fix, there's something making it difficult? Surely it can't just be that they can't be bothered or they don't care 😕

I don't personally have issues with this but my friend constantly has DIYs all over her beach to give away and I wouldn't be able to stand that...

It's not broken per se, so nothing to fix. From a coding standpoint, they just flat out said "no" to DIYs being storable. Similarly they flat out refuse to let us stack cliffs without having a edge. There's just a bunch of odd restrictions that I'll never understand.

Last edited:
I don't like the colour of purple roses in this game, you can barely tell they're purple. I'm not sure why we got this deep purple for the roses but a more vibrant hue for all the others? the brighter purple we have in previous installments looks far better.
Agree I love the purple roses in the other games but the ones in NH are way too dark. It would be nice if the were the same as the purple hyacinth.

I found Sherb on a mystery island and re-adopted him. I realize now that his house comes with a black mini table. I thought I had previously ruined his house by gifting him accidentally. I don't really think the mini table matches. I wish he had two cute tables. But it's funny that I let him leave before, thinking I had ruined his house, when I really hadn't ruined his house.

In other news, a couple days ago I let Colton buy an Aran Knit Sweater out of my pockets and I haven't had a chance to be in his house since then. It's going to be so annoying if he displays the sweater instead of wearing it. I have his Amiibo and can boot him out and bring him back later, but it's my own inattention I'm ranting about. I should be more careful with gifting but at the moment when he asked to buy it, I was thinking that he must really want and like it.

Why can't this game have a Goal check list like in Pocket Camp. At least have some more stuff going on each day so that way you can collect different rewards other than nook miles.

I feel like the Nook Miles lost some character from when they were badges in NL. Having Phineas show up the day after you finish a badge requirement to gift you one/more because of your handwork and being a 'good boy/girl' had a level of charm to it that I feel like is lacking in a lot of parts in NH.

Sure some things changed for the better like how easy a lot of the rewards are to get opposed to their badge counterparts. Especially the spotpass one. I don't even think I got the first badge reward for that one or the weeding one. And weeds in NH spawn in insane amounts so it was one of the first ones I got eventually.

It just had a level of charm to it when a friendly old man would come to visit and give people badges/golden stars for a job well done. Sure the badges didn't have any value other then bragging rights and Nook Miles have more use, but relegating the awards and points to just pulling up the phone kind of lost some soul and charm.

I think a lot of the charm being gone has to do with the phone being used for a lot of the features and it just lacks the soul of the previous games. Instant access and being quick is great, but they didn't have to kill the charm along with it. For example, it's great that we can change our hair, eyes, and looks with a mirror.

But instead of that, they could've had Harriet come back and you have to call her for an appointment. She comes almost right away to your home and does whatever style you wanted. I know some people wouldn't like this, but I feel like this alone would give the game more charm.

Last edited:
When you try to take pictures of you and Pavé but a villager walks into the frame every time 😭

And when they're nicely in the frame but they walk away as soon as you're about to take the photo.......

still dont like festivel, pave still has the same dialog from new leaf

also seeing their dumb dance everytime I give feathers is annoying, I wish we could skip it

The festivale event just made me mostly sad. There are some adorable moments with villagers which made me smile, but overall it really made me sad more than anything. To me, this confirmed that the devs want to be as lazy as they can with their events. We don't even get DIYs of items anymore and the convenience of customization kits? They've made us jump through so many hoops just to get different color variations of items now. What is next? Will they make us collect 20 of something else floating through the air to exchange for one item variation in their next event? I don't think this is what people meant when they said they wanted events that lasted longer.

Last edited:
Can only stack three feathers if the same color and can't stack rainbow feathers at all? WTF Nintendo?!
totally agree, it so ridiculous.
Plus, why there is no DIYs for this event ? we cannot order the items so why ???
I don't understand the logic behind that.

totally agree, it so ridiculous.
Plus, why there is no DIYs for this event ? we cannot order the items so why ???
I don't understand the logic behind that.
I really don’t get the no DIYs for the event furniture. I don’t mind giving him feathers for the other color variations but why do I have to keep giving him rainbow feathers. I don’t want more floats just a set of each color variation.

dont know if there is a rant thread for new leaf but i see why people said they didnt like this event

i much prefer the new horizons event, i only spent maybe an hour in new horizons, while i spent over two in new leaf trying to get all the items. feathers cant stack, you need to find one certain color at a time (and pave seems to love choosing the hardest color for me to find at the time rather than the huge amount of blue and red ive collected) and so many duplicates.... i still dont have the flooring but i quit because it takes too long

it makes me appreciate the changes made in new horizons, though i still have issues (cant stack rainbow feathers, no diys) but i am so frustrated

Home rant, side rooms are too small for my taste, I wish we could customize the size of each room of our homes.
I'm really hoping Nintendo let's us do this in the near future. I know some players like the smaller rooms, but it would be great if we had the option to enlarge or not. I would probably keep one of my bathrooms small, but the ones in my alt houses could use an upgrade.

Also, my alt characters basements are not paid off and never will be unless Nintendo gives us the option to enlarge the smaller rooms, but must have the basement paid off first. This would give me a reason to earn more bells too.

It's not broken per se, so nothing to fix. From a coding standpoint, they just flat out said "no" to DIYs being storable. Similarly they flat out refuse to let us stack cliffs without having a edge. There's just a bunch of odd restrictions that I'll never understand.
I can understand the cliffs.

You wouldn't be able to use the ladder.

As for DIYS, I reckon they want to force us to trade them.

Well sucked in nintendo.
I just throw them in the trash.

To be fair, you can't use the ladder if you put furniture or fencing on the edge of a cliff, but they let you do it.
You need to be able to climb it with the ladder, when there's nothing blocking it, obviously.

Back