• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

It's been said before, but I wish we could move resident services!

I'm struggling to build the island I want because it's in such a terrible place. Doesn't help how many different restrictions the game has when it comes to cliffs (can't build here, can't do that, need to have that big eyesore of a block all around, etc.).

I finally got around to changing the music on ACNH and I actually enjoy the game so much more now
🙈🙈🙈
Wow, that sounds like a dream come true! I wish they'd make the music an option on the Nook phone. I'd give anything to play with previous game music, there are so few hourly tracks in this game that I actually enjoy and most of my favourites are too early or too late so I never hear them.

Some of the Nook milestones are just ridiculous lol, like crafting 3000 pieces of furniture? That’s almost double our available storage before they added an upgrade ??

It's been said before, but I wish we could move resident services!

I'm struggling to build the island I want because it's in such a terrible place. Doesn't help how many different restrictions the game has when it comes to cliffs (can't build here, can't do that, need to have that big eyesore of a block all around, etc.).
You know I just don't get it. Why can't we move it or heck even customize it? I remember in New Leaf you can change the way the Town Hall looked like through the public works section. That building is barely used by the time your island is completed the only time you go there is to withdraw bells. I mean seriously? Why isn't there any ATMS in other buildings? Its just so annoying!

Remember how in 2018 (or 2019? I can't remember) Nintendo announced an Animal Crossing for Switch? And a while later some people were mad because Nintendo decided it to push the release to a date in 2020? I sort of wish that Nintendo made us wait longer because a lot of things overall are missing.
If I remember correctly, it was announced in that one Direct from September 2018, supposed to come out 2019 and then got delayed to 2020. While I do agree with you here, considering that there were people who were so impatient that they actually made petitions about Nintendo releasing the game earlier and also used the whole Corona trouble as a good reason to do it, even if they were like only two days left till the official release date, I don't think the majority could have dealt with another delay. Especially since so many were already mad with the 2020 delay like you said. 😕

I hate how Nooks Cranny works. I have been looking for certain items like the clay furnace for A WHOLE YEAR. I never had this much trouble getting items I want in the older games.

Same for me, but with the fireplace! And I hate how pretty much everything is colour locked. Why keep showing me the same variant of a simple panel, or the same colour rattan wardrobe every time? As a solo player with next to no chance of finding different colours, it really sucks!

Leif PLZ every time you show up you don't have the bush I want and you don't show up enough WHY

Leif PLZ every time you show up you don't have the bush I want and you don't show up enough WHY

What bush are you looking for? I might be wrong but I feel like Leif only sells you the bushes that are currently in season and then the ones that’ll be in season next. But I might be wrong! I just feel like that’s all he ever sells me but I totally agree he doesn’t come nearly enough 😔

What bush are you looking for? I might be wrong but I feel like Leif only sells you the bushes that are currently in season and then the ones that’ll be in season next. But I might be wrong! I just feel like that’s all he ever sells me but I totally agree he doesn’t come nearly enough 😔

I'm looking for Blue Hydrangeas ^o^
I'm in late November in my game, and last time he was here he had Holly and Azalea, so I think it might be an in season one and a random one? Maybe. I remember seeing Tea Olives when he first came out! Honestly it would probs be smart if I TT back to June/July though huh... I kind of was trying to "catch up" the date but I might just do that haha. Thanks for the idea!!

I'm so tired of Redd coming once every couple of weeks while also not bringing anything I don't currently already have that isn't fake

I DON'T EVEN HAVE SO MANY OF THE ART STUFF. WHY SO MANY REPEATS??? I honestly don't even know how many times I've seen the freakin same mona lisa, the quaint painting, the serene painting, and the wistful painting. And also, he constantly brings the academic painting, but it's ALWAYS FAKE. I've had it!!!

Same for me, but with the fireplace! And I hate how pretty much everything is colour locked. Why keep showing me the same variant of a simple panel, or the same colour rattan wardrobe every time? As a solo player with next to no chance of finding different colours, it really sucks!
Same with me and the system kitchen.

And Nintendo reeeally cast aside the solo players this time around, it's pretty icky of them. I mostly don't care anymore now that I play less but ugh, whenever I see "Nintendo Online" I just get reminded of all the stuff they locked away from us. Want all the fruit? Pay please! Want the dark brown couch? Pay please! Want to use someone's design? Pay please! Want to make your own horned hat with your own QR code? Pay please!!! And so many other features that used to be free. And whether it's free or not I miss being able to collect everything myself and not have to ask strangers for literally hundreds of items. I'm lucky I have an irl friend who traded me a bunch of things I needed that I never got in balloons or from Redd's boat. I used to think I could rely on those. NOPE.

If I really just wrecked my brain over a way to incorporate Mario items into my island design for months and found that I could use some, ESPECIALLY different colored pipes and a flagpole with my own island flag on it, only for Nintendo to want to allow just two (2) green pipes on the island and also not let me customize the flagpole I will throw an entire exec out of an office building.

All I wanted is a damn customizable flagpole. That's all I wanted.

Last edited:
Can't believe this game was in dev limbo for like 7 years and a year after release this is all it is lol. I feel like they thought if they added terraforming they could remove the majority of features that were in old games and we'd be ok with it?? And the fact that acnh basically cost double acnl's price, plus I had to buy the online membership too..

Like I'm pretty sure I played pocket camp as long as I played acnh, and at least pocket camp had the Sanrio villagers and significantly cuter furniture. I mean I'd legit pay for a DLC if it meant more items at this point. And not Mario items lol

And yea I know they said we're gonna get releases for 2-3 years but like.. i don't want to wait that long for features that should've been in the game from day 1 (like Brewster who I'm sure is coming at.. some point)?? I guess I'm just extra salty today now that Splatoon 3 was announced, and that series always seems to be the priority over animal crossing, even though acnh proved the series is a huge money maker so idk what Nintendo is thinking 🙄

Why is the Antique set not available in white? We got black, brown and natural. A white version would have been just nice, since I like the Antique set a lot and a combination of black and white Antique furniture would have look beautiful imo.
The beaches are so horrible to decorate.
This. Almost one year later and I still don't know how I should decorate the beaches. I mainly place randomly some beach towels and chairs along with planting some coconut palms because I just don't know what else to do. 😕

Why do we still not have more food and plant items? I decided to compare potted plants from HHD/NL, PC, and NH and it's a bit sad to remember how many were in NL. We have 1 cactus... in NL there were 5+. NH is much prettier and realistic, though.

HHD
EuiHeWxVkAAprlJ.jpeg

PC
EuiPs-jXMAckVTR

NH
EuiI5t8VoAIAFlf

Nooooooo!! I got Hans as my first campsite visitor, my least favorite Smug ;-------;
Hans is my least favorite smug too, and me and a friend (jokingly) kinda bullied him while he was on her island..
One day when I restarted my island...guess who was my first camp visitor :'P I thought it was hilarious when I saw him tho

Back