• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Agree it is really frustrating not knowing any more information. As much as I want these cards I’m sure I will not be able to get them. It’s sad that they are giving more furniture that not many people will be able to get themselves. They seem to really want people to trade for everything. People are willing to pay for the cards so there is no reason to not release enough cards for everyone.
Personally, watching Nintendo with Pokemon Cards and knowing that blank tags are inexpensive, I really struggle to understand how the AC cards aren't more numerous. And if it is because they don't sell well because of the second market.. then why doesn't Nintendo try another method instead of attempting a re-print.
I mean, considering how large the second market is, Nintendo creating an app with fees for amiibos would be a nice way to reduce the second market while Nintendo still getting profit.

Personally, watching Nintendo with Pokemon Cards and knowing that blank tags are inexpensive, I really struggle to understand how the AC cards aren't more numerous. And if it is because they don't sell well because of the second market.. then why doesn't Nintendo try another method instead of attempting a re-print.
I mean, considering how large the second market is, Nintendo creating an app with fees for amiibos would be a nice way to reduce the second market while Nintendo still getting profit.
It would be great if Nintendo did something about the second market. An app for amiibos would be great. Some people would probably pay for it that way. Hopefully people can trade for the villagers for those that want them and can’t get the cards.

i was so excited for the sanrio characters and sets for about a minute but then i realized i dont live anywhere near a target, i dont want to drive two hours away to get a pack of cards that will probably be all gone by the time i get there anyways and preorders are probably going to be sold out fast if theyre doing that

so im just setting myself up to never get the couple of dreamies or sets and its so disappointing. i dont want to have to shell out so much money to get the cards from a scalper or a ton of bells or nmt from other people. its ridiculous

im someone who has done over 500 trades on nookazon and honestly im tired of trading

Last edited:
Can't lie, the idea of an app for amiibo is one I really dislike.
At least with real amiibo cards I have a physical product to keep. To not have anything to show for my money other than a villager feels kinda like a scummy cash grab. It would just be micro transactions.

Phones are unable to work as amiibo anyway.
They can write amiibo, and connect to your switch as a controller to trick the switch into thinking you have an amiibo, but you can't ever put it against the controller and make it think you have an amiibo.
This means they would probably have to put it in the nintendo app and by extention the game itself working as an advertisement for them.

i was so excited for the sanrio characters and sets for about a minute but then i realized i dont live anywhere near a target, i dont want to drive two hours away to get a pack of cards that will probably be all gone by the time i get there anyways and preorders are probably going to be sold out fast if theyre doing that

so im just setting myself up to never get the couple of dreamies or sets and its so disappointing. i dont want to have to shell out so much money to get the cards from a scalper or a ton of bells or nmt from other people. its ridiculous

im someone who has done over 500 trades on nookazon and honestly im tired of trading
Hopefully you can get a real set but I can personally attest to getting a set of bootleg coins/tokens/tags from etsy or the like. I wouldn't give scalpers the time of day and if nintendo don't want peoples' money, at least it can go to a small seller instead.

Hopefully you can get a real set but I can personally attest to getting a set of bootleg coins/tokens/tags from etsy or the like. I wouldn't give scalpers the time of day and if nintendo don't want peoples' money, at least it can go to a small seller instead.

To be honest I’m surprised there isn’t way more talk about bootlegging the sanrio sets, because pretty much anyone could do it at home. Unless they’re a hardcore collector of AC items, I don’t see why someone would want to get stressed out about purchasing a set of cards that essentially just contains barely a megabyte’s worth of information

If you don't want new flowers to spawn just put down an invisible custom path around them.
I've done it on my island and haven't had a single out of place flower since.
I guess I might end up doing that. The only reason I haven't yet is that I can't work up the energy to lay a path around each flower, as there are hundreds and they're scattered around individually. Plus most of my grass would end up sounding really weird when I run...

But yeah, I might end up resorting to that.

Can't lie, the idea of an app for amiibo is one I really dislike.
At least with real amiibo cards I have a physical product to keep. To not have anything to show for my money other than a villager feels kinda like a scummy cash grab. It would just be micro transactions.

Phones are unable to work as amiibo anyway.
They can write amiibo, and connect to your switch as a controller to trick the switch into thinking you have an amiibo, but you can't ever put it against the controller and make it think you have an amiibo.
This means they would probably have to put it in the nintendo app and by extention the game itself working as an advertisement for them.
Not really. If the app has the data, you pay a fee for each data and then put it on a blank tag that is widely available for multiple uses. It is still a physical product. And if you phone can't do that, there are readers and writers that can be bought and plugged in to a computer or your phone. It could be advertised as a diy thing that just hopped outside of your island. They could sell little kits with cut out things for your cards or whatever.
I mean.. it is a more available way. May not be perfect, but better that what is going on now.

The other option is a paid DLC pack that is fully digital and would be a higher price and would only work for one game.

The dock is just a place to get rare fish, like the Mahi-Mahi. It comes in different sizes because it's just apart of the RNG selection the game does for each acre of the beach. It takes a lot of resets to get the perfect town, which includes pier, beach rocks, peninsula, airport color, town fruit, river outlets, and Resident Services location. With the introduction of sea plane, I don't see Kappn's boat coming back. We take the sea plane to enter the island at the beginning of the game, to visit Harv's island, to visit NMT islands, and to visit friends. If we get Tortimer's island, we'll likely fly there too where we'll meet Kapp'n.

The dock could be used someday for Kapp'n, but at this point, I wouldn't look at the dock as currently existing without a purpose. Other than serving as a rare fishing spot, it also adds to the scenery.
Perhaps I just hoped too much that the dock would ever become more meaningful than just being that one spot where you can catch a handful of rare fish after wasting who knows how much bait. And while I do get the point that the sea plane could technically bring us everywhere, I would like it if there was another place which can only be reached via a boat, which is maybe not known by Tom Nook and the dodos, hence why you can't go there with the plane. Like, that Kapp'n shows up and tells you that you got an invitation from a neighbor island, which turns out be Tortimer Island or someone else's island. Besides, the use of boats would give NH a bit more of that "island feeling" and some variety of how to reach other places would be nice, as just using the sea plane every time would become boring imo. 😕

I haven't played today, but I did boot the game up a little bit before bed last night. And the 5 items a day limit is so noticeable and a glaring flaw with all the Mario stuff. Was this limit set in place to give the illusion of play time by having/thinking we'd all wait day after day to order 5 more items off the Mario list?

This restriction is so unnecessary. At the very least, they should had made it 10 a day. 5 is way too low.

I will never have three stars. There will never be enough flowers to please Isabelle.
She always says you need more flowers. It's very frustrating. My daughter started putting random furniture around her town. Not a ton, but would put a few items in empty spaces. She also made sure to clean up everything. It worked. I couldn't seem to get 5 star until I picked up the little hearts and star fragments I was using to decorate my town. I didn't know those counted. As soon as I cleaned up, I had 5 stars.

She always says you need more flowers. It's very frustrating. My daughter started putting random furniture around her town. Not a ton, but would put a few items in empty spaces. She also made sure to clean up everything. It worked. I couldn't seem to get 5 star until I picked up the little hearts and star fragments I was using to decorate my town. I didn't know those counted. As soon as I cleaned up, I had 5 stars.
I'll try that! Thanks! I'm trying to unlock terraforming and it's becoming incredibly frustrating.

To be honest I’m surprised there isn’t way more talk about bootlegging the sanrio sets, because pretty much anyone could do it at home. Unless they’re a hardcore collector of AC items, I don’t see why someone would want to get stressed out about purchasing a set of cards that essentially just contains barely a megabyte’s worth of information
I have an app on my phone where I connect it to my switch and it thinks its a pro controller.
From there I use the amiibo files on my phone on the app and boom they're at my campsite. No fuss, no cards, no printing, no cost, no effort.

I will try and buy the legit amiibo but I'm not stressed if I can't.
The only downside to using my app is that it's not future proof and doesn't work with new leaf.
Thats why I still have the real amiibos of all my favourite villagers. Paid a fortune for Tybalts amiibo as that set didn't get reprinted

I dont think anyone should feel guilty about using an app or home printed cards. Especially if they can't get hold of the official product.

I should've said this way back before New Horizons got released, but ever since I watched the direct and saw that they'll be providing free updates, I feared that the game would be lacking in a lot of ways and unfortunately, it seems to be the case, even almost a year after release. On top of that, there should've been some quality of life fixes that should've addressed the issues of this game. My opinion for New Horizons is slowly shifting in the other direction, and not in a positive way. :(

Currently we're allowed to order 5 items from Nook Shopping and 5 items from the Nook Miles redemption for a total of 10 orders per day. I think Nintendo should stop separating the limit and just combine them. I rarely ever order things with Nook Miles anymore, so it would be great to have that extra 5 for ordering from the catalog

Char.
If you do not show up, I swear to god I will drain the rivers.
The game is meant to be fun not stressful.
So much bait... so much bait...

Back