• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

When I opened my game today, Gayle's Lace-Up Dress was gone, and she was just wearing a boring, blank shirt... :(

EvlNQ1gUUAA7JZ0

What could've caused this? Did another villager gift it to her, or did she just have it and decide to change?

When I opened my game today, Gayle's Lace-Up Dress was gone, and she was just wearing a boring, blank shirt... :(

EvlNQ1gUUAA7JZ0

What could've caused this? Did another villager gift it to her, or did she just have it and decide to change?
I know that Hornsby and Skye will wear a blue one if they were doing yoga at some point prior. Don't worry, she'll put regular clothes back on at some point.

i'm going insane trying to catch a golden stag. it's the only bug i'm missing. i was in august at 2 am for hours upon hours. then i went to 5 pm. then to nook miles islands and cut down all trees except the coconut ones. then i went to to july at 7 pm. then to july 11 pm. i have spent the last few real life days only hunting for the golden stag. i haven't even seen one. i really want to finish my bug encyclopedia but this is breaking me.

i'm working on getting all fish too but at least there is bait for that. i'm sure catching all the fish i'm missing is going to kill me as well but like..... i'm walking up and down the beach for hours and catching everything except for golden stags ahhhhh. the worst thing would be if i finally found one and just scared it away. i would probably die. i wish they were less rare. i remember in new leaf you could just go to the island and find a bunch of rare bugs pretty easily, i caught several golden stags in that game and i wasn't even actively going for completing the museum. why is it so insanely hard

The beetles times are just to late or early to catch, luckily I was off work due to covid during the summer and was able to be up late catching them. I spend hours on one mystery island catching them lol

i'm going to cry i just finished doing other things and found AND CAUGHT a golden stag. i legitimately have tears in my eyes. this has been intense. i can FINALLY stop having my game set at night ;W;W;W;
Congratulations I felt the same way when o finally caught the golden stag.

Char.
If you do not show up, I swear to god I will drain the rivers.
The game is meant to be fun not stressful.
So much bait... so much bait...

Are you checking on the cliff tops?
Post automatically merged:

I want to be able to have trees on the side of buildings. It works for items, so I'm not sure why trees aren't allow. I find a nice location to put things, but turns out the trees are in the way. The scenery doesn't look as good.

Example

2021030317413000-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2021030317413900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Last edited:
Are you checking on the cliff tops?

I want to be able to have trees on the side of buildings. It works for items, so I'm not sure why trees aren't allow. I find a nice location to put things, but turns out the trees are in the way. The scenery doesn't look as good.

Example

View attachment 359495
View attachment 359497
Yeah it was exclusively where I was looking.
Got one eventually and completed my museum with it.
You wouldn't think that that one fish would cause me so much trouble it would be the very last fish I needed, even after every other clifftop fish like the golden trout

But its done now so I'm happy :)

I need to rant about this but Tom Nook in this game is the most irrelevant character of all time. Let me explain why. Ever since you unlocked the Terraforming App on your Nookphone he really hasn't been useful anymore. Especially after when you used him for making Bridges and inclines. After 1 year of playing this game I barely even talk to him. His so called "What should I do" is pointless because all he says is "I can't think of anything else for you to do". This is the part that really made me annoyed because I thought in the beginning there would be more later on for Tom Nook to tell you more stuff, but the last time he was relevant was during the May Day event last year. Then he did show up during the New Years Celebration but thats it.

If only Tom Nook was used more for is "What should I do"? feature he would say different things so you would get different rewards and it will give you another reason to keep talking to him. I know Nook Miles is all you get but still I wanted more variety of rewards other than that. Isabelle suffers from the same issue and she doesn't really do much other than repeat the same announcements about her personal life and how there is no news today. Resident Services as a whole becomes more pointless after you are finished making your island. The only time you go there is the use the ATM. May I ask why can't there be any other ATMs in different places?

I need to rant about this but Tom Nook in this game is the most irrelevant character of all time. Let me explain why. Ever since you unlocked the Terraforming App on your Nookphone he really hasn't been useful anymore. Especially after when you used him for making Bridges and inclines. After 1 year of playing this game I barely even talk to him. His so called "What should I do" is pointless because all he says is "I can't think of anything else for you to do". This is the part that really made me annoyed because I thought in the beginning there would be more later on for Tom Nook to tell you more stuff, but the last time he was relevant was during the May Day event last year. Then he did show up during the New Years Celebration but thats it.

If only Tom Nook was used more for is "What should I do"? feature he would say different things so you would get different rewards and it will give you another reason to keep talking to him. I know Nook Miles is all you get but still I wanted more variety of rewards other than that. Isabelle suffers from the same issue and she doesn't really do much other than repeat the same announcements about her personal life and how there is no news today. Resident Services as a whole becomes more pointless after you are finished making your island. The only time you go there is the use the ATM. May I ask why can't there be any other ATMs in different places?

Tom Nook's morning announcements were the best. Having them outside and with a calm version of Nook's theme song playing was very appealing to me. When Tom Nook was the leader of the island, it felt great. Now he feels like a lifeless side character whose only purpose is to let me move buildings. I wish he could have the announcements back or maybe let Isabelle run the town hall and have a new job. It would be cool to see him running Nook's Cranny like good old times.

Also, why can't Tom Nook take the 50,000 moving fees from our savings account? It's annoying to have to withdraw 50,000 before trying to move a building.

Tom Nook was more less the same in New Leaf TBH. After you upgraded your house, there was no reason to ever talk to him again.

Why do villagers only ever want to gift one another horrendous things? This is probably kind of diabolical, but I wish we could stealth replace gifts. Whenever a villager gives me something to deliver, I've gotten to the point where I have to open it up and check it, because it's usually some ridiculous jockey outfit or a mummy costume or whatever. If I don't want the recipient to wear it, in the trash it goes. Then my friendship with the gift-giver takes a hit, and I feel terrible when they get upset with me, as I should I suppose 😔 Sometimes I wish I could open the gift, replace it with something useful and then rewrap it! I'm sure their relationships would be far improved if they were receiving gifts they actually liked. Like come on Shep, what made you think Sylvana would want a fireman's uniform?

Why do villagers only ever want to gift one another horrendous things? This is probably kind of diabolical, but I wish we could stealth replace gifts. Whenever a villager gives me something to deliver, I've gotten to the point where I have to open it up and check it, because it's usually some ridiculous jockey outfit or a mummy costume or whatever. If I don't want the recipient to wear it, in the trash it goes. Then my friendship with the gift-giver takes a hit, and I feel terrible when they get upset with me, as I should I suppose 😔 Sometimes I wish I could open the gift, replace it with something useful and then rewrap it! I'm sure their relationships would be far improved if they were receiving gifts they actually liked. Like come on Shep, what made you think Sylvana would want a fireman's uniform?
I also hate it when villagers come up to me saying "Oh I got into a fight with (whatever villager name) and I was wondering if you can deliver this gift to them" I told them no and they said "Oh its okay I'm the one who started it so I will do it" I mean really? Why do villagers treat you like a delivery person?

I finally got to 4 stars and isabelle lowered it back to 3. I'm getting tired of this. I covered my island in flowers, added fencing, crafted items.
My island is 80% done and only 3 stars. I don't know what this dog wants from me.

I also hate it when villagers come up to me saying "Oh I got into a fight with (whatever villager name) and I was wondering if you can deliver this gift to them" I told them no and they said "Oh its okay I'm the one who started it so I will do it" I mean really? Why do villagers treat you like a delivery person?

For real - they need to learn to deal with conflict like adults. Settle your own arguments, you cowards!

I finally got to 4 stars and isabelle lowered it back to 3. I'm getting tired of this. I covered my island in flowers, added fencing, crafted items.
My island is 80% done and only 3 stars. I don't know what this dog wants from me.

Does Isabelle complain about anything? A complaint is worth −1 star, so you may still technically have 4 stars.

3-stars are actually pretty much guaranteed once you have 10 villagers. So I think it's safe to assume you're being docked a star right now. Make sure you don't have items dropped on the ground (Stars, Stones, Sticks, and Shells are fine). Make sure you didn't clutter any areas with furniture or block traffic in some areas. Make sure you don't have more than 220 trees/shrubs as well. Isabelle will tell you the exact reason if you're unsure what it is.

There's actually no friendship point penalty if you decline any request from a villager, such-as nickname, greeting, catchphrase, delivery, selling your item, buy their item, etc. So feel free to decline them.

Last edited:
There's actually no friendship point penalty if you decline any request from a villager, such-as nickname, greeting, catchphrase, delivery, selling your item, buy their item, etc. So feel free to decline them.

Yes, I know there's no deduction from declining the request in the first place, but I guess I'm always worried that the gift will end up getting delivered regardless somehow? I've definitely had villagers show up wearing outfits that I never delivered to them, so I worry about where else they might have gotten them. I've also found gifting to be a bit glitchy in the past, like when they receive an outfit and you tell them it doesn't look good on them, but it ends up in their wardrobe anyway! I really am far too controlling when it comes to villager outfits! :LOL:

Yes, I know there's no deduction from declining the request in the first place, but I guess I'm always worried that the gift will end up getting delivered regardless somehow? I've definitely had villagers show up wearing outfits that I never delivered to them, so I worry about where else they might have gotten them

Villagers have workout outfits, yoga outfits, as well as snow outfits and rain outfits. Declined delivery requests will not be completed by the requesting villager. Maybe they can swap clothing while they having conversations with each other? If the villager came from the void, they will have whatever gifts the previous player(s) have gave them. They can also were any designs you have on display at Able Sisters.

like when they receive an outfit and you tell them it doesn't look good on them, but it ends up in their wardrobe anyway!

If you tell them it doesn't look good, they will still wear it on later, and wear it almost all the time later if it's in their favorite color or style.

Back