• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

I'm stuck at 96 villager photos. My current crop of villagers are not in a forgiving mood about my recent time travel escapades.

Well we are in March 2021 and guess what the game still plays the same as ever before. No changes have been made and not much has really improved since the game came out last year in 2020. I am just wondering what is taking so long for Nintendo to make quality of life changes to this game? How much longer can we wait for improvements?

Why are the Sanrio villager cards only available at Target. ☹ It would be better if they were more widely available and also plentiful. I hate it when companies create false scarcity to drive sales.

I hope they're easy to come buy, I always have a hard time getting Amiibos that are store exclusive ;[

Last edited:
Is it just me or does checking the furniture in villagers homes not give you anything anymore? In NL if you’d check the wardrobes and stuff in your villagers homes they’d sometimes mention furniture or clothes they weren’t using anymore and let you have it.

I turned on my game, and when Isabelle did her speech I saw it was raining on the window then shut it off :(

I can't believe I'm avoiding rain. I love when it rains or snows. But it's the dumb flowers. I just wish you could pluck them instead of riddling your island with holes and breaking your shovel. Or that they'd spawn less. But even half as many would still be annoying.

Or I wish the game didn't autosave so I could just run around and take some pictures then not save so nothing gets watered.

I start to wonder if we finally getting an actual explanation for the existence of the dock this year. It's been almost a year after the game's release and we still don't know for what that thing is actually there. Like, is it just decoration? Why does it comes in different sizes? Will it get some use one day like the secret beach got one for Redd showing up there? A logical step would probably be an summer update with Kapp'n showing up there and the return of Tortimer Island (or whoever gets their own island this time). I just want to know what's up with that stupid dock.

I really need dead trees for my gothic island. Why are there no dead trees?
I just started to redesign a part of my island to make it look like as if it got destroyed after an alien invasion and dead trees would have helped a lot to make that area looking more realistic. I don't understand why they added at first dead trees along with perfect & tropical fruits in NL if they just get removed in the next main game anyway. I sure hope they are on Nintendo's "Things that got removed, but will be added later via updates" list, otherwise I will be really disappointed...

I start to wonder if we finally getting an actual explanation for the existence of the dock this year. It's been almost a year after the game's release and we still don't know for what that thing is actually there. Like, is it just decoration? Why does it comes in different sizes? Will it get some use one day like the secret beach got one for Redd showing up there? A logical step would probably be an summer update with Kapp'n showing up there and the return of Tortimer Island (or whoever gets their own island this time). I just want to know what's up with that stupid dock.
I was wondering about this too! It could be that it's just for pier fish, though :( I hope not, that would be super disappointing.

Something else that stuck with me was how in the direct before the game launched, it said there were plans for additional amiibo support, with the specific example of DJ K.K. They could've picked that one at random but I still think it's weird. It would be nice if there were more to to with the NPC amiibo than just photopia.

I turned on my game, and when Isabelle did her speech I saw it was raining on the window then shut it off :(

I can't believe I'm avoiding rain. I love when it rains or snows. But it's the dumb flowers. I just wish you could pluck them instead of riddling your island with holes and breaking your shovel. Or that they'd spawn less. But even half as many would still be annoying.

Or I wish the game didn't autosave so I could just run around and take some pictures then not save so nothing gets watered.
If you don't want new flowers to spawn just put down an invisible custom path around them.
I've done it on my island and haven't had a single out of place flower since.

The dock is just a place to get rare fish, like the Mahi-Mahi. It comes in different sizes because it's just apart of the RNG selection the game does for each acre of the beach. It takes a lot of resets to get the perfect town, which includes pier, beach rocks, peninsula, airport color, town fruit, river outlets, and Resident Services location. With the introduction of sea plane, I don't see Kappn's boat coming back. We take the sea plane to enter the island at the beginning of the game, to visit Harv's island, to visit NMT islands, and to visit friends. If we get Tortimer's island, we'll likely fly there too where we'll meet Kapp'n.

The dock could be used someday for Kapp'n, but at this point, I wouldn't look at the dock as currently existing without a purpose. Other than serving as a rare fishing spot, it also adds to the scenery.

If you TT to the previous hour, the rain will come back..

Well we are in March 2021 and guess what the game still plays the same as ever before. No changes have been made and not much has really improved since the game came out last year in 2020. I am just wondering what is taking so long for Nintendo to make quality of life changes to this game? How much longer can we wait for improvements?

I agree more or less the game hasn't really improved all that much since they brought the Dream Suite back in July. Everything after has just been some kind of event. Other than pumpkins, if you choose to continue growing them, none of the Holidays are affecting your average playthrough day by day. I could boot up v1.4 of the game and not miss much.

However, that said, Nintendo didn't have to give us Mario items with a working teleportation pipe no less, but they did, and they didn't have to bring back Sanrio villagers with Sanrio items, but they are. All I can say is 2021 is starting to look very promising for New Horizons to me. I guess we'll know more when the March update trailer drops. Will it be just Sanrio and adding Bunny Day to 2021, or will there be more? What about April and onwards? With the holidays out of the way for the most part, Nintendo will likely be doing more each month other than "here's another holiday".

Without so much focus on Holiday events, maybe the team will have more free time to be able to invest into improvements and explore new ideas. If there was a road map, it would probably look like this.

Year 1:
- Game release
- Priority/Focus: Get the big holidays in the game. (These things were likely delayed from release so they didn't have to hold the game back further. So they became top priority after release)

Year 2:
Priority/Focus: Implement new features and improvements.

I don’t like bamboo trees. I have mostly finished decorating the land area of my island and still haven’t figured out where to place these. I feel like I should, but they are so ugly.

Is it just me or is there like... a large amount of empty space around each item that you place? I don’t know how to explain it but when my character walks around things or through arches that are 1 space wide, it glitches and doesn’t make a smooth movement. You know? Like everything placed seems to have such a big footprint of empty space.

Is it just me or is there like... a large amount of empty space around each item that you place? I don’t know how to explain it but when my character walks around things or through arches that are 1 space wide, it glitches and doesn’t make a smooth movement. You know? Like everything placed seems to have such a big footprint of empty space.

I know what you mean. It might be because the items are using the full size of their grid whether their size appears to or not. Since your character is 1x1, they will collide with nearby grid spaces that are occupied. The Festivale Garland is the only item in the game I know of that can use 0.5 of the grid. You can see this if you highlight the item in design mode while in your house. A blue border will surround the furniture.

Festivale Garland vs regular sofa (for example)
1614703875027.png
1614703914768.png

Since 0.5 is possible, it would be nice if Nintendo could update items to take advantage of this more often where possible.

I really wish we could place trees on the edges of cliffs or at the base of them. It wastes space and limits how I can position some items :c also wish we could still sit on certain chairs without having to put a lot of space in front of them like the log chair or baby chair.

I know there’s already the Sanrio thread, but I want to rant.

With the extreme popularity of New Horizons, you’d think they would have preorders or something for the Sanrio cards in North America. It’s really aggravating. I am dying to invite Toby to my island as he was a villager I always wanted in New Leaf but never got the chance to invite him. Now I’m worried that scalpers/bots will get to all of the cards and I won’t have anywhere to turn to other than the $100 packs on eBay. I’m incredibly disappointed that Nintendo/Target hasn’t made more of an effort to give us more information on how or where to get them and when we can expect them other than Target saying “Available 3/26” on Twitter. Can you be more specific??! Do I get them online or in-store? Will there be pre-orders? If so, when will the pre-orders be available?

I know there’s already the Sanrio thread, but I want to rant.

With the extreme popularity of New Horizons, you’d think they would have preorders or something for the Sanrio cards in North America. It’s really aggravating. I am dying to invite Toby to my island as he was a villager I always wanted in New Leaf but never got the chance to invite him. Now I’m worried that scalpers/bots will get to all of the cards and I won’t have anywhere to turn to other than the $100 packs on eBay. I’m incredibly disappointed that Nintendo/Target hasn’t made more of an effort to give us more information on how or where to get them and when we can expect them other than Target saying “Available 3/26” on Twitter. Can you be more specific??! Do I get them online or in-store? Will there be pre-orders? If so, when will the pre-orders be available?
Agree it is really frustrating not knowing any more information. As much as I want these cards I’m sure I will not be able to get them. It’s sad that they are giving more furniture that not many people will be able to get themselves. They seem to really want people to trade for everything. People are willing to pay for the cards so there is no reason to not release enough cards for everyone.

Back