• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

I really don't get Nintendo and some of the decisions they made in this game. They added so many new items to the game yet they refuse to upgrade Nook's Cranny. Is it too much to ask for a bigger shop that can hold many more items? I hate to bring this up again, but New Leaf's upgrade Nook Shop is so much better than only one upgrade.
This was the one addition I was shocked didn't return for 2.0. Having a three story Nook's Cranny again would be awesome. This is a good example of how Nintendo's priorities with the series are changing. Progression is much more cosmetic based in this game as opposed to establishing a rich, bustling town.

On a side note, I've always been disappointed on the lack of Pelly and Phyllis. Those two got replaced by a piece of wood in the airport lol. But Pete has no excuse. Was it too much for him to walk around the island occasionally while delivering mail?

i'm just realizing this now :(
not even just a 2nd floor expansion! considering the stairs on the backroom definitely felt like a tease. i know the "mall" isn't very island-esque, so i wasn't expecting that, but at least an upgrade from what we have now.

NMT are still the worst thing that's ever happened to the AC economy IMHO :/
Seriously their only purpose is villager hunting and getting extra materials. That's it. I miss just being able to buy things will bells. Now I go out of my way to not learn certain DIY just so I can sell it for NMT to then trade for stuff I want.

With the bin files being publicly available and (some) reprints of the amiibo cards, you don't need to spend 60 hours island hopping for a villager.
I personally agree. I just don't see why one would want so many NMT? Unless they're just island hopping over and over? But what if you get all the villagers you want, what then? I guess trade them to other people? I never island hop so they're useless to me. I guess island hopping is just that popular lol.
Edit: also buying them one by one from the machine must be the most tedious thing. Kudos to those who sit through that for 1000NMTs.

I personally agree. I just don't see why one would want so many NMT? Unless they're just island hopping over and over? But what if you get all the villagers you want, what then? I guess trade them to other people? I never island hop so they're useless to me. I guess island hopping is just that popular lol.
Edit: also buying them one by one from the machine must be the most tedious thing. Kudos to those who sit through that for 1000NMTs.
And this is why I quit Nookazon all people ever want to do is charge ridiculous amounts of Nook Mile Tickets. Its really gotten out of control and even worse when the new villagers came and the value of them has sky rocketed.

And this is why I quit Nookazon all people ever want to do is charge ridiculous amounts of Nook Mile Tickets. Its really gotten out of control and even worse when the new villagers came and the value of them has sky rocketed.
For sure. I'd rather ask for IGB or TBT personally. I have more use for those than NMTs.

I think I only printed NMT once in all of my 900+ hours of gaming and that was during the tutorial part of the game. I ended up with thousands of NMT clogging up my storage because that's mainly what everyone used to trade. I wish there was a better usage of NMTs or convert them back to miles. But then miles are also kinda useless once you get the items you want.

I like partition walls but I hate that you can’t put stuff on them?? Like pictures or lamps etc. That kinda makes them suck lol
Wait, really? I had no idea since I still had no chance in playing the update yet. Oh well this sucks, but hey at least we can finally divide a room in a proper way instead of improvise with simple panels...

Wait, really? I had no idea since I still had no chance in playing the update yet. Oh well this sucks, but hey at least we can finally divide a room in a proper way instead of improvise with simple panels...
Except you cannot do that when customizing villager homes on your island because there is no way to expand the room space and if you try to even add a partition wall it takes up more space so it becomes pretty useless when trying to make proper interior when you're so used to having big rooms.

Except you cannot do that when customizing villager homes on your island because there is no way to expand the room space and if you try to even add a partition wall it takes up more space so it becomes pretty useless when trying to make proper interior when you're so used to having big rooms.
Eh, I can personally live with this fact tbh, I don't really care how my villager houses look like and probably not gonna spend so much time in re-decorate them. It's more important for me to have more options to customize the own house and here the partition walls are just a blessing (even if you can't hang/place anything on them) since I struggled way too often in dividing my rooms in proper different parts because the simple panels were never a real good solution here. I would have liked it if we could also changed the size of our rooms, but I'm happy with what we got.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that people would have loved to have even more options in terms of customizing villager homes, then again it's a miracle that Nintendo even allow us to do what we can do now at all imo.

Eh, I can personally live with this fact tbh, I don't really care how my villager houses look like and probably not gonna spend so much time in re-decorate them. It's more important for me to have more options to customize the own house and here the partition walls are just a blessing (even if you can't hang/place anything on them) since I struggled way too often in dividing my rooms in proper different parts because the simple panels were never a real good solution here. I would have liked it if we could also changed the size of our rooms, but I'm happy with what we got.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that people would have loved to have even more options in terms of customizing villager homes, then again it's a miracle that Nintendo even allow us to do what we can do now at all imo.
Even if you try to decorate your own home you still have to deal with the rooms on the left, right, and upper side. Since you cannot expand Room Size it would not work. I hate to bring this up again but in New Leaf you were able to expand your home size every room. I just don't get why Nintendo keeps leaving out stuff like this. All the new features we have in Happy Home Paradise makes what we have on our island so shallow. I am sorry, but I don't approve of features being locked behind a DLC and not being taken advantage of in the actual main game.

Even if you try to decorate your own home you still have to deal with the rooms on the left, right, and upper side. Since you cannot expand Room Size it would not work. I hate to bring this up again but in New Leaf you were able to expand your home size every room. I just don't get why Nintendo keeps leaving out stuff like this. All the new features we have in Happy Home Paradise makes what we have on our island so shallow. I am sorry, but I don't approve of features being locked behind a DLC and not being taken advantage of in the actual main game.
Understandable and I get what you mean. Of course they could have done it better, I'm just glad that they added anything like this after all into the game...

I just realized that if it’s true that we’ll only be getting minor item updates from now on, that means that the top right side of the museum will never fill in with something. Despite all the new content, this just seems like a glaring symbol of the game being incomplete. Or at least not quite getting the treatment it deserved.

It’s very disappointing—and honestly, baffling—to me. If Nintendo doesn’t have any further plans for that area, why not at least make it an open room to decorate like before? I liked seeing how differently people utilized that space!

I just realized that if it’s true that we’ll only be getting minor item updates from now on, that means that the top right side of the museum will never fill in with something. Despite all the new content, this just seems like a glaring symbol of the game being incomplete. Or at least not quite getting the treatment it deserved.

It’s very disappointing—and honestly, baffling—to me. If Nintendo doesn’t have any further plans for that area, why not at least make it an open room to decorate like before? I liked seeing how differently people utilized that space!
Yeah and when they say "small changes" I think that means adding in more seasonal items and minor tweaks to the events. If thats what they want to do then so be it. It will be a while before the next mainline AC Game.

Back