• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

Wait, really? I had no idea since I still had no chance in playing the update yet. Oh well this sucks, but hey at least we can finally divide a room in a proper way instead of improvise with simple panels...
Yes :(
But IMO there’s some new very lovely partition items like shelves or screens. At least you can decorate the top of the shelves lol

I really wish we had the ability to terraform our islands in a similar way that we could customize villager's vacay homes in HHP. I don't care if it's locked behind a boatload of requirements: It's really frustrating having to take forever and a day to flatten your island or, like, re-do a cliff just because that one tree you wanted on it doesn't fit.

I really wish we had the ability to terraform our islands in a similar way that we could customize villager's vacay homes in HHP. I don't care if it's locked behind a boatload of requirements: It's really frustrating having to take forever and a day to flatten your island or, like, re-do a cliff just because that one tree you wanted on it doesn't fit.
Yeah its really crazy how the Exterior design is so much more better with Happy Home Paradise that it makes terraforming on our islands look so slow and sloppy. I barely used terraforming after restarting my island. The only time I used it was just to fix the river mouths and the cliffs to build bridges and inclines, but that was pretty much it.

Something as simple as being able to disable auto-save when we terraform would be so helpful.

Yeah its really crazy how the Exterior design is so much more better with Happy Home Paradise that it makes terraforming on our islands look so slow and sloppy. I barely used terraforming after restarting my island. The only time I used it was just to fix the river mouths and the cliffs to build bridges and inclines, but that was pretty much it.

Yeah! Like, don't get me wrong: I think that manual terraforming is fun. It's super satisfying when you finish up a section of land and make it look like it just screams 'your island'. I just think that the general slowness of it, on top of being unable to revert to the previous layout is kind of ... frustrating? Overwhelming, I guess? Which sucks, because it's a lot of great stuff that's done with terraforming as a feature ; there's just as many potential ideas for it that were overlooked, or lack of features that make no sense.

Something as simple as being able to disable auto-save when we terraform would be so helpful.

That'd save so much effort and time, but at the same time it's a big risk. You could be nearly complete with your layout, only for your switch's battery to deplete or your game crashing that can wipe out all of your progress.

I'll take those chances. The times I decided I didn't like what I did and had to waste 15mins to an hour undoing it outweigh my game crashing or losing battery power. Heck neither of those two have happened when I've been in the midst of terraforming or even playing NH.

There needs to be a middle ground for terraforming and laying down patterns though. I don't think it should be like us slapping a million qr paths or sprouting cliffs/rivers in a matter of 5 seconds. Is the way it is right now tedious? Absolutely, but doing it like the dlc would make the game feel artificial and detract from its charm.

I'll take those chances. The times I decided I didn't like what I did and had to waste 15mins to an hour undoing it outweigh my game crashing or losing battery power. Heck neither of those two have happened when I've been in the midst of terraforming or even playing NH.

There needs to be a middle ground for terraforming and laying down patterns though. I don't think it should be like us slapping a million qr paths or sprouting cliffs/rivers in a matter of 5 seconds. Is the way it is right now tedious? Absolutely, but doing it like the dlc would make the game feel artificial and detract from its charm.
I have a suggestion that would annoy literally everyone!
(And probably be too hard to be implemented)

Be able to go into resident services and go up to a model of the town, where you enter a HHP type editing mode (make the island look plastic so it looks like a model and not the real thing) where you can quickly try out what an idea will look like before you commit to making it happen by actually going out to your island and working on it.

But of course this would just annoy people seeing the tools to make instant changes being in the game and not given to players to use.

But there is no satisfaction in instant results so these tools should never be given to the player for actual use.

Agreed! Terraforming normally feels so monotonous. Makes me wish there was a drag and drop method. It would make me actually wanna decorate lol.

Typically I don't like to rant about this game, because I can find workarounds generally but...omg...

So I've been wanting to really get serious about finishing my catalog including item variations. ACNH.Guide app updated to include 2.0 items (most of them), so I spent the morning while I waited for shops to open filling out the app with what was in my catalog. Able's opened and I figured I'd go in there and buy the variations of clothing I didn't have, which ended up being a lot since I usually use custom clothing instead of in-game clothing. It took me nearly an hour and a half to go through and buy everything I needed. I always saw people taking about how Able's DESPERATELY needs a 'shopping cart' feature in the fitting room, and since I never really bought a lot of clothes at one time, it was always something I considered low priority for me personally, but wouldn't mind if it got added for people who needed it. Now I'm that person who needed it. Geeze.

I figure as time goes on and I need less clothing and their variations, this won't take as long since repeats are bound to show up, but omg this took FOREVER.

I really hate it when you're trying to look for villagers using nook mile tickets and you keep running into the same ones you already seen. Seriously why is this even a thing? You should not have to see villagers that you've seen already. I remember seeing Zucker like 10 times last year during the time I was looking for Raymond. Its even more annoying this year when you're trying to look for the new villagers, yet you keep running into old villagers. I must have bad RNG, but still this is one of the most annoying things about villager hunting.

The exterior house designs are extremely limited compared to NL and HHD. I was really disappointed to see that the four they showed in the Direct are the only ones we have for our house. We should have all of HHD's + more. I can't tell you how many times I'm designing a villager's home in HHP and I just can't make the house match thematically.

Why is it that we can give animals vacation homes with 10x10 dimensions but our own homes we pay millions to expand only get tiny rooms on the first floor and awkward rectangles for our attic and basement?

One of my characters is supposed to be a professor and she has a classroom that can't even fit two rows of lecture hall desks + student seating with enough room to also give her a desk or much of anything other than a podium, meanwhile I can build a school on Happy Home Paradise that blows it out of the water. Thanks, I hate it.

I also agree with @Envy on the home exteriors.

They got so focused on making islands pretty that they've allowed the houses to fall by the wayside.

I've been villager hunting from 1am to 8am and I still haven't found Sasha! I just reset and the only plot from the first three houses open is the lazy plot and I honestly thought it would be easy to get him but apparently not... I feel like I've seen all the lazy villagers at this point except Sasha! I've seen Bob, Cranston, Stu, Rex, Zucker, Beau, Hopkins multiple times already like please RNG be good to me and actually give me Sasha 😭 I'm gonna take a break for a bit I need to eat breakfast LMAO...

Why arent any of the buildings built symmetrically to be matching with inclines? I am trying so hard to make my island terraforming aesthetically pleasing, but for both Nook’s Cranny and the Museum, the inclines won’t match up no matter how many times I’ve tried to rearrange and change things 😞 has anyone else come across this issue or know how to overcome it?

CEBB78C0-6612-4117-9B02-70EC115ADF9B.jpeg
1D80F778-7C12-4DE7-9AD5-4803D482B351.jpeg

Back