• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The ACNH Rant Thread

I hate Isabelle. In New Leaf she was tolerable, but now, OH MY GOD just shut up. I don't want to hear about your game shows, I don't care about your crossword puzzles, go you. yippee. You have a job, dog, I really hope you're not getting paid.

Have tarantulas and scorpions stopped spawning on Bamboo Island after Update 1.2.0? Tonight, I tried doing everything to increase the spawn rate for scorpions (cut down trees, pick flowers, etc), but that doesn’t help. Instead, that makes mole crickets spawn even more. And when I finally suppressed the mole crickets, no bugs spawn. From my experience, I think they made Bamboo Island completely useless for making Bells.

I hate Isabelle. In New Leaf she was tolerable, but now, OH MY GOD just shut up. I don't want to hear about your game shows, I don't care about your crossword puzzles, go you. yippee. You have a job, dog, I really hope you're not getting paid.
I feel like there's too much unneeded dialogue in this game in general. I've gotten real good at mashing A.

I've had to move my museum 4 times because I wanted to move it a couple of spaces from where it was, and then proceed to have it in the right space agashsdk.

Also a potential paradox I found: I wanted to craft the iron wood diy bench but in order to do so, I needed to use my small diy bench as a material... but then how would I craft it if I have the bench in my pockets? Agggh

I've had to move my museum 4 times because I wanted to move it a couple of spaces from where it was, and then proceed to have it in the right space agashsdk.

Also a potential paradox I found: I wanted to craft the iron wood diy bench but in order to do so, I needed to use my small diy bench as a material... but then how would I craft it if I have the bench in my pockets? Agggh
Craft another workbench or use the one available inside the Resident Services building

I’m really disappointed in twiggys Real house interior, it’s literally robins house. I had twiggy as a starter and had her basic home and then I restarted my island and invited her from another player and I finally get to see her house. I had robin as a villager first so when I went inside twiggys house I’m like why do they have exactly the same stuff? Her starter house was way better.
A1E73A27-CC4E-4010-9273-36AC2C3CDBB0.jpeg
2A7243A0-8E20-462D-A6F0-08B346EDB89C.jpeg

Has anyone noticed these weird inconsistencies between the map and minimap?

2V6vEt5.jpg

I can understand certain changes, but why does the path just stop? And why do inclines look like this?

"Thoughts on (insert mildly popular/cute/very popular but not talked about character here)?" threads. I feel like there just needs to be a huge villager mega thread for villager opinions or something. I don't remember there being a lot of threads like this in the New Leaf board.

Maybe I just need a forum break. It is probably just me.

I wish I could change my villager's interiors... or at least remove an item. I really wanted to replace the wooden bed I gave Marshal with an ironwood one. 😰 I swear you used to be able to remove an item in NL. Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

I wish I could change my villager's interiors... or at least remove an item. I really wanted to replace the wooden bed I gave Marshal with an ironwood one. 😰 I swear you used to be able to remove an item in NL. Or maybe I'm just remembering wrong.

You could ask for the item but sometimes they wouldn't want to give it away. Honestly it's disappointing to have played New Leaf, then Happy Home Designer, and then have to play New Horizons where you can't do anything about the interiors of villagers' houses.

I hate that the Viking attire doesn't come with a complete set. We've got a Viking helmet and Viking top, but no Viking trousers or Viking boots? Meanwhile we have a Samurai helmet, Samurai shirt, and Samurai greaves. Even a Samurai wig! Heck, there's even a knight's helmet to go with the iron armor and armor shoes. This even comes in a gold variation, but as a separate item. I hope we can get some Viking trousers and boots, and not as some separate European exclusive DLC. It annoyed me in New Leaf that they had a kilt in-game, but had the Tam-O'Shanter hat as a European DLC exclusive. I'm glad they at least changed that in New Horizons.

I have no idea why this bothers me so much but I really don't like how afraid of bugs Blathers is. I saw art of him before I got the game and thought that he looked cute then I found out he ran a museum and really expected to like him as a character but I can't get over how he talks about the bugs. Bugs are cute. What did all of those butterflies ever do to him?

You could ask for the item but sometimes they wouldn't want to give it away. Honestly it's disappointing to have played New Leaf, then Happy Home Designer, and then have to play New Horizons where you can't do anything about the interiors of villagers' houses.

What do you mean? You can alter your villager's homes in the same way you can do it in New Leaf. You just can't find random furniture in their wardrobes to see if they will sell.

I'm taking a quick break from my jog to say the bugs under the floorboards sent me to this thread. The bugs under the floorboards wanted me to post about how repetative the villagers are even when it's a different dialog. And now I'm off to do 200 squats again!

Can the AC devs please play the gamecube game for like a day. Lazy and Jock villagers were my favourites back then. They had so much more going for them. I was so happy when I found Wade and Moe on islands and now I've booted Moe because 2 lazies was too many. And I never talk to Wade. He's become a cute decoration who sometimes crafts for me.

Back