• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The ACNH Rant Thread

I sometimes wish there was more dialogue in the game. Especially for lazy villagers. The bug dialogue is cute for a bit, but then... nah. Maybe I play the game too much but I wish my villagers talked to each other/me more about different things. I haven't been talking to them nearly as often as I used to since I keep hearing the same things :( But I want to talk to them a lot, so I'm really conflicted.

Miranda is a duck, so her catchphrase is quackulous. Etoile is a sheep, so why does she use quackulous too?! It's an issue in New Leaf, yet another one Nintendo didn't fix.

they sure didn't realize this is an issue for players, because they've included dialogue for a villager adopting another villager's catchphrase. I've witnessed multiple conversations between villagers where villager A was like "Hey villager b, I love your catchphrase! can I use it too?" and villager b always agrees, without the player having the chance to interact. So it's definitely not a bug or something, it's a a feature the devs wanted.

edit: (just wanted to include that I totally get your frustration. I tend to give my villagers less unique catchphrases so that it doesn't throw me off if a sheep suddenly has "woof" as its catchphrase)

I'm okay with not getting feedback from trades if both parties decide not to...
But I feel it should be common courtesy to return a feedback once you've been given one...

It's frustrating cause I know I should have more ratings than I currently do and a lot of people that do villager type of transactions care about how many good ratings you have.

I've posted a few times in here about my struggle to find Dom.. Literally minutes after I found another villager to invite to my island in a giveaway thread I saw a new giveaway thread for Dom. I've had such bad luck finding this sheep oh man.

I dislike how K.K. Slider takes over the plaza every Saturday (sometimes Friday) and takes up a space that could have used the rotation of another NPC that could have been used. Like seriously, why does he need to take up the entire plaza for the whole dang day?

It's pointless to have him and honestly I would prefer to have him shoved away around 7pm. The special feeling of K.K. on your island is lost incredibly quickly and it amazes me how the villagers just suddenly stop talking about him the moment he plops his white furry butt on your island for garnering an arbitrary 3 star rating.

Randoms shouldn't be able to put their patterns in your Able Sisters unless you allow it. Isabelle's outfit reporting ability does not permanently remove clothing you don't want X animal to wear, they will cycle it back in after a while. A friend of mine invited people to their island and someone put a sexual pattern on display. Now they can't get their animals to stop wearing it, no matter how many times they speak to Isabelle. Nintendo needs to fix this quickly!

I just find it odd, given how they took steps to protect your island from strangers griefing it (disallowing the use of axes/shovels unless you're best friends) but this slipped under the radar.

Why is the late night music so bland... The stores are also closed, villagers can go to sleep, (been that way since the first game, but still,) and the drop-off box doesn’t give us full selling price... is Nintendo trying to make us go to sleep?

Why are bushes counted as trees? I had a Nook Mile task where it asked to plant trees. I didn’t do it immidietly because I was in the middle of planting bushes. Then the Nook phone beeped and I looked up what task it was and it showed that I had completed the ”plant tree” task. I was confused because I had not planted trees but bushes.
I’m bummed about this because not only does it affect the town rating if you have too many trees, but also that bushes count as trees which limits how many trees (and bushes) I can actually have in the island. When Leif said that bushes are like small trees, I didn’t expect it to be the literal case.

There have been so many great QoL changes, but why did ordinances have to go? I don't care about the big money or flower ones, but the early or late shop opening/closing is really needed. My normal playtime during on weekdays is 5-8AM. It's really all I can fit in at the moment.

Why is the late night music so bland... The stores are also closed, villagers can go to sleep, (been that way since the first game, but still,) and the drop-off box doesn’t give us full selling price... is Nintendo trying to make us go to sleep?
Wait a second, it doesn't? That's actually crap.

For it to not sell at full price makes perfect sense. Would you rather be able to sell things at 80% the selling price when the stores are closed, or would you rather not be able to sell at all when the stores are closed? Sounds like a perfect opportunity cost when every game New Leaf and before wouldn’t let you do it outside operating hours. It also reduces the need to time travel.

Wait a second, it doesn't? That's actually crap.
Yeah, I think it's only 80% or something :c

I dislike how K.K. Slider takes over the plaza every Saturday (sometimes Friday) and takes up a space that could have used the rotation of another NPC that could have been used. Like seriously, why does he need to take up the entire plaza for the whole dang day?

It's pointless to have him and honestly I would prefer to have him shoved away around 7pm. The special feeling of K.K. on your island is lost incredibly quickly and it amazes me how the villagers just suddenly stop talking about him the moment he plops his white furry butt on your island for garnering an arbitrary 3 star rating.
I agree! Everyone is so excited and everyone makes a big deal about it and then... He's just there. Very anticlimactic and not very rewarding either.

One of my villagers had me deliver a gift to Flurry. When I relayed the gift, I realized that it was a shiny gray bodysuit. Now, Flurry wears that suit all the time. I'm currently gifting her a lot of new clothes to bury that suit LOL. I usually like to keep my villagers in their original clothes.

For it to not sell at full price makes perfect sense. Would you rather be able to sell things at 80% the selling price when the stores are closed, or would you rather not be able to sell at all when the stores are closed? Sounds like a perfect opportunity cost when every game New Leaf and before wouldn’t let you do it outside operating hours. It also reduces the need to time travel.

That box may as well not exist in my eyes. I don't want the 20% reduction. I'd rather stack up items outside of Nook's Cranny and turn it in the next day if I have to.

I was really hoping the upgraded shop to Nook's Cranny would close around midnight. It still closes at 10pm. I work night shifts so I usually can't even arrive home in time to go shop.

So I don’t see Celeste a lot because I rarely play the game now but I just realized her voice is the same as isabelles. I miss isabelles old voice from new leaf and the smash reveal.

Waterfalls are about to make me literally go insane. I can't stand the sound of them anymore and it's a shame because they're so pretty. I'm soo tempted to make an island entrance with double waterfalls but knowing how loud and noisy it is, I'm dreading making it ugh If I really do go insane from the noise I suppose I could just level it back down to the ground ;___;

I really wish we can move our residential services building. I placed mine at such a bad spot thinking we can relocate it like everything else :cry: Also, it would be really nice if we can complain to Isabelle about our villagers houses too. I don't like seeing them display the bugs I caught for them or having the gifts I give them displayed in their home...I want their homes to stay the way they are originally lol. Speaking of homes, another issue I have is that why must our first 5 villagers not have their real home?! Whose bright idea was that? I was lucky to have Dom and Stiches as my first 5 yet so very unlucky because now their homes are bleh!! I thought about letting them go so I can find them again so i can be with them with their real homes but the odds of finding them again is low and I will miss them way too much to let them go. Ughhh, why Nintendo why?!

I understand why you can't put a cliff on top of a cliff, but it still doesn't change the fact that it still bothers me. What if I wanted a 4-cliff tall cliff all stacked together? Can't because of these restrictions! Speaking of cliffs, it already bothered me that we couldn't move Resident Services, but after realizing that this means it'll never be on a cliff if I wanted it to even bothers me more...

Back