• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The ACNH Rant Thread

Why does KK Slider have to come every Saturday. He's like right in front of the residential services door and its just awkward and he does nothing while I haven't seen Redd or CJ in a month.

I really wish we could move residential services and maybe redesign the plaza a bit.

Everything about the online annoys me. The Dodos dialogue could be so much more streamline and the cut scene when someone arrives on the island is so intrusive when you're looking around someone else's island. It honestly makes me want to leave quicker when every single minute I get either "Please close your window" or "Someone is arriving!" or "Someone is leaving!" Thanks.

I wish the rates for visitors was higher. I've only gotten Redd twice and the second time all his paintings were fake. I get that Nintendo doesn't want people rushing through the content, but not having visitors for so long makes the days seem more monotonous.

I have seem other people say it and I agree that the villagers seem less 'alive' in this game.(I still love them though)

I keep getting the same three islands, the same fruit and the same flowers from the mystery tours. I only island hop to get new villagers since I never get the 'good' islands. I know this is more of my own luck but I wish the rates were a bit better or averaged out more evenly.

Isabelle feels like an afterthought in this game. She cycles around the same 3 non announcements, and I miss when she followed you around when you went to place your PWPs. She felt more like a part of the game in NL. This is more of a pet peeve though.

Nintendo...please let me select how much of something I want to buy instead of doing it one by one. Please, my hands are dying.

(Rant Over)
(I love this game but I have my own issues with it)

I keep getting the same three islands, the same fruit and the same flowers from the mystery tours. I only island hop to get new villagers since I never get the 'good' islands. I know this is more of my own luck but I wish the rates were a bit better or averaged out more evenly.

Agree with most of what you said, and YES K.K is so close to that stupid door it's quite annoying.

But regarding the mystery islands, wearing dodo merch when you go on tours definitely gives you better luck, I had never seen a money rock island, hybrid island or tarantula one before I started dressing up to go on tours.

1) Would be really nice if you can choose to reject the DIY villagers give you if you already have it. I’ve allowed my friend to go through all my spares for things they don’t have but a week later, it just piles up all over again.

2) Would be really nice if there was an item we can use to display wall decorations outside since some of them like the hanging plants would be really nice to display outside.

3) Would be really nice if Isabelle’s morning announcements included the visitor of the day. It was a feature in the older games where you can ask in the town hall if anything was in town then they would mention visitors. Saying “no news” makes the day feel more boring.

4) Size 1.5 items are annoying to place since they can be pretty hard to center. Immediate example I can thing of is the Shell Fountain, which is a shame since it’s one of my favorite items in the game.

Agree with most of what you said, and YES K.K is so close to that stupid door it's quite annoying.

But regarding the mystery islands, wearing dodo merch when you go on tours definitely gives you better luck, I had never seen a money rock island, hybrid island or tarantula one before I started dressing up to go on tours.
Dude, thank you for the advise! I didn't know that about the islands.

trading is so troublesome bc of how tedious dodo airlines is
I like this game but so many things in it are tedious. Why do I have to pull out my phone for anyone to send me an upgrade to an app? It's obnoxious. You don't have to hold out your phone irl to receive a text from somebody.

The able sister's changeroom is a disaster as I previously mentioned.

Having mabel tell me EVERYTIME that she's sending my belongings home or to enter the changeroom drives me nuts. Timmy and Tommy are just as bad when you go to the cabinet. You don't have to tell me that those items are for sale. I'm aware thanks.

Not being able to craft lots of items at once is horrid.

Buying bushes and flowers from Leif. Why is it x1 or x5 only? Why isn't there a little bar that you can move quantities?????

I get that Animal Crossing is a slow paced game but damn. Allow us to not suffer just for the sake of slowness.

All these new duping glitches are making my head spin. It's one after another. I feel like a lot of people legit don't even want to play the game anymore. They just want to be 'rich' in-game. We're not even two months in and I feel as though people are already getting bored because they have everything they want. Several of my friends already barely play any longer. And I don't even want to bother with the economy anymore with all this influx of things/NMT and being worried I may be traded a duped item and not even be aware.

So I want to move my campsite one square or whatever forwards, because rn it doesn't align with my path.

Turns out I can't. I HAVE TO MOVE THE EXISTING CAMPSITE OUT OF THE WAY, THEN I CAN PLACE IT. What is wrong with Nintendo? That's 100,000 Bells down the drain because I dared not to take into account the pathway, like two weeks ago! Is that intentional? Is the dev team just that dumb?

So I want to move my campsite one square or whatever forwards, because rn it doesn't align with my path.

Turns out I can't. I HAVE TO MOVE THE EXISTING CAMPSITE OUT OF THE WAY, THEN I CAN PLACE IT. What is wrong with Nintendo? That's 100,000 Bells down the drain because I dared not to take into account the pathway, like two weeks ago! Is that intentional? Is the dev team just that dumb?

!!! you don't know how peeved i was to find THAT out ;; i wasn't TTing that time, so it was twice the money , twice the time

Part of wishes you could decide which extra rooms you want and on which site of the house, I have an alt character who actually doesn't need the room in the back but you have to build it to get the others... :/

3) Would be really nice if Isabelle’s morning announcements included the visitor of the day. It was a feature in the older games where you can ask in the town hall if anything was in town then they would mention visitors. Saying “no news” makes the day feel more boring.

I really don't understand why she doesn't do this! Like, I already feel like she doesn't have much of a purpose in this game but having her announce visitors every day would actually be something for her to do other than just sit there and tell you your town rating lol

Not sure if others have talked about this yet, but when you think about it, the other non-amiibo villagers should be worth the exact same as Raymond or vice versa. In my humble opinion, I think the only REAL reason Raymond sells for so much and is so popular is because people think Raymond is cute and lots of people take advantage of that and try to sell him for a lot more than I think he's actually worth. Since some people are so desperate for him and certain sellers are very unwilling to lower their prices to the likes of what Audie can go for, for example, it just makes demand for Raymond greater and his price just got higher and higher until it reached ridiculous height.

He's not rare, he should be put at the same value as other non-amiibo villagers.

Definitely gatekeeping exists and we don't stan it, but I feel like in some cases it's also a matter of, the people with heavily-terraformed islands, popular villagers, etc are always the ones you see posting, and while there's nothing wrong with that (!) some people tend to take note of it and wonder why they don't see their approach represented as often or at all. So we want to feel like we're not alone in doing whatever, we want to feel affirmed, so we post threads about it. Sometimes no one's telling anyone outright how to play, but it's more like our psychological need to be understood/accepted gets triggered when most of the content we see doesn't represent how we play. And since this is a "community," (likely younger) people come here hoping to be affirmed... and end up being scolded, often harshly/coldly, because they shouldn't seek that affirmation from others who don't actually care about their opinion/feelings or feel like trying to understand them.

Now, one could say we shouldn't respond to that feeling and "play how we want," and that's valid, but the reality is comparison's a thing some of us just do as people. And it's a huge motivator behind these kinda threads. Is it ideal? Well no, but people won't stop feeling this way/posting threads about it unless perhaps we do end up seeing more content from that wider variety of play styles represented. Which probably won't happen. Is it a "you problem"? Possibly. I suspect it's more likely just a humanity problem. The problem of a hostile society and trying to get a human desire met where it's not offered. That doesn't make anyone dumb/inferior for doing so, it just represents a broken world, and growing up in it means learning to navigate that brokenness. yes I will get philosphical/spiritual with this and you can't stop me

And idk, I can't tell anyone to be anything, but personally I'd prefer to be gentle about it with people. I mean I don't expect the hostility/aggression to go away ever tHIs iS ThE iNtErNeT, but just... "play how you want," even with the best of intentions, sometimes comes out like "I don't care about you or your life choices and you should be grateful for that and your thread/feelings are worthless." And in some ways that makes sense, and I know not everyone means it like that, but also... I kinda hate reading those comments. I (again, can't speak for anyone else but) would really not appreciate it if I were the OP. Like bro honestly just don't comment if that's all you've got to say to me. I mean I get the hustle for TBT but really. -Sorry, should I have kept this to myself? Not tryna fight anyone, just frustrated at what I don't understand. Preaching to the choir most likely. Maybe it's just gotten old for me to see the same indifferent response on every other thread and I've lost appreciation/patience for it.

And like, it's valid to notice the high tier villagers in everyone's sig and wonder why we don't see more of our favorite less-popular villagers being represented, but mentioning that while maintaining that you have nothing against the high tier villagers being popular without accusations of "gatekeeper!!" being thrown around is a delicate balance. Sucks how much we have to defend our every statement so people don't make cynical assumptions about us and give us salt for it, but that's just the reality of online text-based communication I guess. I'm just as guilty of that as anyone. Probably within this post...

Last edited:

Today I am on DAY SIX and bell 300,000 of moving three villagers' houses ONE SPACE BACK from their original positions.

today i spent about an hour shaking pinecones from trees, which i ended up getting ~120 pinecones out of. i went to another friend's island to help clear out their flowers, and i left the pinecones at the entrance, making sure to tell everyone on discord that they were mine. and someone ended up selling them on accident! :c they gave me 30k igb for the inconvenience, but i was planning to make about 75 nmt/15mil igb from crafting pine bonsai trees out of them. i told them it was fine (i understand accidents happen! and i'm not the type to get angry very often) but honestly i'm devastated ;-; pinecones really take forever to get from trees...

Back