Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Robin

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Jitters

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Lucha

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Jacques is my favorite bird, hands down. He has a great design (smug is a great personality for him since he looks like an struggling artist type), and a great interior (DJ themed). I also really like Piper and Sparro for their more natural looking designs. I think a lot of the birds are very cute and I wish more people gave them a chance.

I think the only design I don't like is Jacob's just because I have no idea what's going on there. Why those clashing colors? Why the teeny eyes? Why the very long eyebrows? It's a bit of a mess.
I am not sure what bird Jacob is suppose to be based on. Looking at him, he just reminds me of some colorful song bird or a woodpecker. Maybe he is some kind of finch.
a5fzfbegyvnz.jpg

Red-headed Barbet

Best:
Sparro
I had him in NL and loved him ever since. Very underrated villager. I also like Piper and her design. I really like Jitters because of his football theme and nod to Brazil.

Worst?:
N/A
None of the birds have bad designs for me. I like Lucha and don't mind his mask, however I can see why some may not. Jacob lives in trash, so thats pretty disturbing...but thats about it.

The only birds I've had on an island have been Twiggy and Anchovy. Honestly I'm not a fan of 90% of them, but I do like Midge.

Least favourites: Lucha and Jitters - judging purely on design.

jacques is my definite favourite, i love his name, personality, and design. my least favourite would be anchovy. im sorry, not a fan of his design or name at all, and something about the way he acts bothers me.

I had Peck in NL and I really liked him! He was just funny and spunky and always in a good mood. I wasn't crazy about his design, per se, but I did like him overall.
And I had Lucha in NH and I am just noooooot a fan. He was just too weird and his look really threw me off. He felt aggressive? Overall, there was nothing I liked about him. X:
Those are the only bird villagers I have personally had! I do rather like the way that Jacques and especially Sparro look though! So I'd be interested in having them as villagers some day.

Twiggy! i had her in gamecube, and we share a birthday c: also, her permanent grumpy expression is great

Favorite is Piper. I love her coloring. She is so cute.
Least favorite is 100% Lucha. He is a fake smug, he truly should be a jock. He was my forced camper and I could not wait to get rid of him. I originally hated all New Horizon Smugs until I got rid of Lucha and had Lopez move it. I love smugs now but it was rough for a few months there.

never had midge but she's definitely the cutest! jay and twiggy are close though

I'm not a big fan of bird specie. However, if I had to choose one or two villagers I could like, Twiggy and Midge could be the ones! I love their colour, but it's surely the only thing I can say about them.
For the worst one, I have again a problem with Jacques' beard and Admiral's face. Calm down and don't bite me, please little bird! Anchovy's face reminds me of someone, but I can't tell you exactly who. The hairstyle, the eyebrows...

I generally don't like birds. Except crows, I love crows 🥰 But I guess Midge is ok. And I like Jacob's colors.

My favourite is Midge, she is so adorable, she lives on my island, I love her! Plus her house is really cute as well.

My least favourite would be Lucha. Just not keen on the design.

Anchovy is adorable! I love his name and his big block eyebrows. I also really like Lucha, Twiggy, and Robin. There’s so many good ones and I don’t dislike any.

Best: Robin and Piper. I had Robin in my town on ACNL and I became very attached to her. Also, I like Piper's design.
Worst: Lucha. His design is terrible.

I bought Jacques amiibo a long time ago expecting him to be my 1 smug villager, but then Raymond showed up at the campsite and I haven't scanned Jacques in yet. Looking forward to it one day, though!

My favorite Bird villager is Jacques. I like when villagers have unique aspects to their design, so the green knit cap he wears, along with his goatee, appealed to me when I first saw him years ago. I also like to imagine he has a French accent due to his default catchphrase of "zut alors" being French, and his house's interior design is nice in both New Leaf and New Horizons with the DJ theme he has going. He's a resident in one of my New Leaf towns and has been for a number of years now.

Piper is my second favorite Bird. Other Bird villagers I particularly like are Jacob, Lucha, Midge, and Robin. I will say though that while Lucha is one of my favorites because of his luchador design, and while Jacob has a really striking design with his coloration, I'm not fond of either of their houses. Lucha only having half of the wrestling ring in his house will never not bug me, and Jacob living in a dump leaves a bit to be desired.

My least favorite Bird villager is Twiggy. Her design is just plainly unappealing to me when so many other villagers are available.

Last edited:
I don't really love any of the birds, but Jacques and Robin are cool. I have Twiggy right now and I like her colors, and I like what I was able to accomplish with her house decor, but she'll be out as soon as she asks or another nice Peppy shows up in the campsite.

Twiggy is adorable and underrated in my opinion. She looks like a cute little bird and is really sweet. Midge is also really adorable.

I have an irrational fear of Jitters. I think it's the eyes for me.

The birds are a tough one for me, I've had bad experiences with a few and haven't interacted with many others because of it. I see wings on a NMT island, I get out of there ASAP, haha. Maybe I'll give one a chance in the future, who knows!

As for the best I'd say Piper. A friend used to have her and she was pretty cute! For the worst, I have to say first and foremost my absolute mortal enemy Anchovy. Me and Anchovy have some serious beef, he just did not jive with me and wouldn't leave. Another bird that I beef with is Midge, who I previously actually liked. Midge once lied to us about an aurora sky and we got all ready as a friend group to take pictures and it never happened. I won't forget your lies, Midge!!! 😂

I really want to like the birds, but the birds just don't like me!

The only birds I ever had were Sparro (in my old NL town), and Jay (in my current town). Sparro was a good villager, but I ended up loving Jay. He's got a really cute design, and makes for a great jock. He's moved out of my town, but I enjoy visiting him in my boyfriend's town every now and then to keep him up to date on my exercise schedule.

Back