• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Differences between the US and UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's rare but I still hear people use the word pants. But most people I know seem to still be living in the past. I still hear terms like hella, chillaxing, dillweed, and Wassup daily. I even hear really awkward sounding words like bombdigity thrown into the mix at times.

Those are words old people use when trying to 'be down with da kidz'.

One day, I'll be one of those old people...

Yeah I don't know why America allow Republicans either.

I know why. So Americans get to pick what jobs they want or what schools they can go to or where they live, not the government.

kgHSGcT.gif

I really wish I had something significant to say about the topic.. uh. Our chip bags always have them labeled as crisps instead of chips so?

Yes, this is a US/UK thread, not a politics thread.

To help get the trains back on track, let's talk about what shows come from each country. UK has Dr. Who while US has stuff like Star Trek.

*gasp*

educate urself!

game of thrones and the walking dead :)

Oh, sorry, but I never see those shows abbreviated before.

Walking dead is pretty scary, and Game of thrones...South Park has a good point about it. The Black Friday Trilogy best explains what Game of Thrones is about.

Oh, sorry, but I never see those shows abbreviated before.

Walking dead is pretty scary, and Game of thrones...South Park has a good point about it. The Black Friday Trilogy best explains what Game of Thrones is about.

the what

i stopped watching south park when i was like 11
I don't find that sort of humour funny

The U.S. don't have prawn cocktail crisps? :O I suppose they also don't have Worcester sauce flavour? </3

Those are words old people use when trying to 'be down with da kidz'.

One day, I'll be one of those old people...

Sadly, I mainly hear those words around college. ...Damn 90's kids.
(Honestly, I sometimes use hella, started out ironic but it kinda stuck.)

UK has got the great british bake off :) Unless there is an American version...

There was only one season of the American version I believe (might be wrong) and it wasn't as good. But I think it got cancelled because Paul Hollywood took a "liking" to his co-host

The Apprentice UK is miles better than The Apprentice US, and Sir Alan Sugar seems like less of an ******* than Donald Trump.

The UK has had way better girlbands. Starting from Spice Girls, of course, but then Girls Aloud, Sugababes, The Saturdays, etc. The US has only really had the Pussycat Dolls and Fifth Harmony.

House of Cards UK is pretty amazing but House of Cards US is better, mostly because it's longer and there's more character development.

Sadly, I mainly hear those words around college. ...Damn 90's kids.
(Honestly, I sometimes use hella, started out ironic but it kinda stuck.)

As one of those 'damn 90's kids' I can say that I've not heard those words outside of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Maybe I wasn't 'street' enough :(

'Hella' I remember Cartman saying a lot for a few episodes of South Park and that's about it.

As one of those 'damn 90's kids' I can say that I've not heard those words outside of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Maybe I wasn't 'street' enough :(

'Hella' I remember Cartman saying a lot for a few episodes of South Park and that's about it.

I was born in the 90's too, by '90's kids' I meant those obnoxiously nostalgic, can't let go of the 90's, kinda people. Maybe it's just people around campus trying to sound cool but I hear the words too often. Normally they sound forced.

Oh, Spookyfish. Honestly, I think South Park might have been why I started saying hella.

Last edited:
I was born in the 90's too, by '90's kids' I meant those obnoxiously nostalgic, can't let go of the 90's, kinda people. Maybe it's just people around campus trying to sound cool but I hear the words too often. Normally they sound forced.

Oh, Spookyfish. Honestly, I think South Park might have been why I started saying hella.

Onli 90 kidz wil rembr

lik n shar if u agri!!1!!111

Yea, that episode is what I was thinking of xD I don't know whether it was in a few others though but I remember it was like his 'favorite word' for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back