• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Duping Villager Revolution is Starting! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

billthejockduck

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So there's been a thread on Gamefaqs about duping villagers, and now the testing begins. I will NOT post the thread here or any instructions, as it is against the terms and conditions, as well as many people disagreeing to it. I personally am undecided. It allows people to get all their dreamies, but it also ruins people's time who were earning the bells through the stalk market or beetle farming. This will cause a LOT of chaos if it's real. What do you think? :confused:

Duping Villagers?

What the actual

holy crap
tbh i support it because hey - if everyone can get their dream villagers, thats cool with me.
i read a bit of the thread if we're talking about the same thing and wow man wow
though it does sound risky

probably bad for people who get their bells from selling villagers though

Last edited:
GETTING MY OWN MARSHAL.

I mean..

Values will go down, repetition between villagers will go up, and no one will be happy anymore. That one person who wanted to sell Stitches or auction him won't get what that other guy did months before duping villagers existed.

It'll ruin whatever sort of virtual economy we have created.

Agreed^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really hope not:(

Collecting villagers was like collecting Pokemon cards.

I'm all for it. It will allow for more people to have access to their dreamies, yet, it will also hinder the economy and probably make everything valueless, hehe.

I do think it will be some time before people will be handing out Marshals and Julians by the dozens. From what I read, if the timing messes up, then you're screwed out of a villager, heh.

GETTING MY OWN MARSHAL.

I mean..

Values will go down, repetition between villagers will go up, and no one will be happy anymore. That one person who wanted to sell Stitches or auction him won't get what that other guy did months before duping villagers existed.

It'll ruin whatever sort of virtual economy we have created.

Pretty much this, villager rarity will become nonexistent

I disagree and do NOT support this.

That would be great! But there goes the profits I make from selling the villagers and the market for dreamies would go bye bye. But I would love to see how this would turn out!
And maybe get a few Dreamies myself...

Last edited:
Hey! I'm on that thread :D
On the other hand, I'm going insano.
I want to see the results of dat duping♪

I'm indifferent to it, but I don't have any dream villagers so it doesn't really effect me. I've also never "sold" my moving away villagers. Selling villagers in general seems pretty silly to me.

People starting to dupe items I didn't like, but that was inevitable.

I feel like if that works, there are too many stakes riding on it for me to want to try it. I wouldn't want to be promised a dreamy just to have the host mess up. If I were the host in that situation, I'd feel terrible to have to tell someone that I couldn't follow through.

Guys, regardless if this may work out or not...we do not allow duping discussion.

And well, this is just going to start arguments. There will always be people who support and do not support, but we'd rather not have this kind of discussion as it's just going to cause fighting in the long run so I will be closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back