Pin the Tail on the Villager

My first version of this round was a bit harder, so send your thanks to @Mick for his suggestions that contributed to making it solvable!

I wanna see the first version to see if I think I would've gotten it (I figured out to look for her color almost instantly, and eventually settled on the icon itself after a bit of testing between both it and her model itself, in case it was something like "find the spot that has most of her model's rendering colors". I actually didn't even notice graham's head was his nh icon until some time after submitting)

also idk if they were hints but other funny bits to point out are kapp'n ("matey"="m8[[y]") and the location coordinates themselves can serve as a silly sort of hint, I guess ([M]arina [8] tentacles, because octopus)

Sheesh, looks like a lot of users are getting this one correct.

Brb, slamming my face against a wall until it shatters.

If people enjoyed this specific round, perhaps some of you will like the "I Love Hue" series of mobile games.

Sheesh, looks like a lot of users are getting this one correct.

Brb, slamming my face against a wall until it shatters.
We all get one wrong every now and then. I'm sure most members won't admit to being wrong. And it's not like we'd be able to tell if someone lied about getting it right when they got it wrong.

Reactions: Doo
If people enjoyed this specific round, perhaps some of you will like the "I Love Hue" series of mobile games.

if nothing else, I absolutely love that title
Post automatically merged:

We all get one wrong every now and then. I'm sure most members won't admit to being wrong. And it's not like we'd be able to tell if someone lied about getting it right when they got it wrong.

I got all of them right but only figured out the second after submitting, so didn't get full credit for it

we should be able to retract submissions, so long as the deadline isn't past lmao

you should contribute to art events more

it clicks very fast, if you're artbrained

or at least, it did for me. in fact, I'd even say this was the easiest one
Problem is, I'm not "artbrained". I never had an interest in art growing up.
I mean, sure. Covering up their guilt/embarrassment/fumble perhaps?

I said L9, so at least I was only one diagonal away from that. When I went to click on the picture, this is what I saw on the screen. On the bottom of the screenshot where it shows the two pictures but smaller, and I went straight for the pinpoint.

IMG_6853.png

And then I got this glitch with the lines, and kept to my answer

IMG_6854.png

Here's the original version:

ocean%20with%20grid.png

Other than the gradient being less drastic, it also used the full render (which I see some of you tried). The color meant to be found was also the average color of the entire render (including clothing). However, you probably still won't find it above because there was what you could probably consider a mistake when I took the average of this one with the transparent pixels of the image being included in the average.

marina color.png

I had another version where I used the color average of the NH icon (this is when Graham's head was modified) but ultimately decided to make it easier by using the pink color alone.

marina2 color.png

Also, M8 = Marina with 8 tentacles is 100% coincidence. The original version was at O13. I guess some would say O = for octopus, but that wasn't intentional either!

can't believe i got it right because i guessed M (for marina) and 8 (eight tentacles), but a win is a win!!
I almost went with this but went with j10 instead. Should have went with my first guess.
I thought the paint bucket had something to do with it but couldn’t figure it out.

I sat here looking at this and wondering why I didn't get credited... only to go look at my submission and realize I accidentally hit 9 when I submitted from my phone TT-TT
I think you should still get some tickets! I haven’t seen mine yet and I had the exact coordinates

I got two tickets! I’m happy about that. I’m definitely glad I went with the only idea I could think of to guess. since I think I had the right idea.

Last edited:
Back