• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The exclusive feature

That's great but it's a shame we won't be getting many balloons or little gifts. You have to streetpass with the same person at least twice to get something and that's never happened and I think that will never happen to me. It's even rare to get one streetpass from anyone for me. :(

OMG! That means.... I could see Iwata's house!

@Eloise: You think you have it bad.
I'm lucky to get 4 in a 2 month spread.

Yeah. :/ I live in a farmish area by the countryside. I've had my 3ds for 2-3 years now and I've had 7 streetpasses total with different people. I've streetpassed with someone twice, but that was my cousin and it was a family get together which we rarely have.

I'm glad this feature is in. I barely get any StreetPasses, plus Nintendo would have some pretty awesome houses- they'd look great in my showcase. :-D

So we could get Reggie's house and other houses made by Nintendo's staff etc.

AC:NL will be the first game that will actually make me want to go out with my 3DS and try to get streetpasses.

This is great!.. I mean ill be street passing with my daughters when she gets it anyway but at least she will get more houses in her English version :)

This spotpass HH thread has made me start to think about streetpassing in acnl. Has it been confirmed how the streetpass works with ACNL? I often put my 3ds games that require X number of streetpasses to unlock ____ item into my boyfriends 3ds so that every time I streetpass him it counts toward my total number of people streetpassed. Essentially I am streetpassing myself since it is my game and I'm streetpassing my own file but it helped for a few games.

Could I pop my ACNL into his 3ds, let him take his 3ds to work without the game inserted and streetpass people, then when he gets home insert my game to his 3ds and if the people he streetpassed played ACNL have their home show up in my showcase? Or does the cartridge have to be inserted for it to count?
He gets a lot more streetpasses then I do since he works at a GameStop, but I don't want to be without my game all day I will be wanting to play it 24/7!!

This is great news, even if it's not what I was expecting. I really hope Nintendo goes to town (heh) with this and creates some really neat themed homes for us to explore. Wouldn't it be great if they released homes filled with other countries' DLC? I know not all of the DLC items can be ordered in the catalog, but it would still be fun to share those kinds of homes with everyone.

Not what I was expecting, but I can at least streetpass myself.

I'll have to see if I can make some trips to the big city this summer to get some actual streetpasses. Maybe I can organize some sort of meetup here, since there seem to be many AC players in Ontario, and we can meetup to streetpass each other.

I don't know of anyone on here that is in my state either.. I think jake may be the closest? but then again I haven't really asked anybody else about it. I imagine that there will be a few people come the release date however.

Last edited:
I don't know of anyone on here that is in my state either.. I think jake may be the closest but then again I haven't really asked anybody else about it. I imagine that there will be a few people come the release date however.

Nahh Kuma is closer than me

I'm hoping it is the HH thingy! We don't get very many street passes out here in the country! But it could very well be anything!!:confused:

Well it's good news for the new feature, but oh well, "that's it ?". Nintendo is always so disappointing. I'll have to wait 50 years for AC to have feature I wait since WW like a hub where you could meet player and makes friends there. Not on a forum made by fans. :/

like a hub where you could meet player and makes friends there. Not on a forum made by fans. :/

It exists; it's Club Tortimer. :) I've made few friends from going to Club Tortimer. It's a great way to meet AC players from all over the world. ^^

Is it confirmed the spotpass sharing is the feature? Or is it spotpass and something else?

I've only had 3 proper streetpasses, 2 random and one from a friend. I did hope they would make it like with the Mario kart 7 online adding people into the plaza, so people from Club Tortimer, our 3DS friend list or even Dream visitors would add. (If it can count dream visitors, then why shouldn't it add their house?)

On another note, Does anything think they'll do the same thing as with city Folk where villagers houses look different depending on region? Quick example from google.

Back