• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The exclusive feature

Is it confirmed the spotpass sharing is the feature? Or is it spotpass and something else?

I've only had 3 proper streetpasses, 2 random and one from a friend. I did hope they would make it like with the Mario kart 7 online adding people into the plaza, so people from Club Tortimer, our 3DS friend list or even Dream visitors would add. (If it can count dream visitors, then why shouldn't it add their house?)

On another note, Does anything think they'll do the same thing as with city Folk where villagers houses look different depending on region? Quick example from google.

I restarted my CF town a few times and got a different gate everytime, and different home styles every time. So, I'm not sure that theory is correct. :-/

I am pretty certain each villager has their own specially designed house.
I think ti was the Iwata Asks that said that Nintendo wanted each villager to have their own unique style so they coordinated their own special outside and inside of the house.

Sucks that we can't get our friends houses without streetpass, just a few nintendo made ones. I have had my 3ds since day 1 of its release and have never had a streetpass although I bring it with me everywhere.

Sucks that we can't get our friends houses without streetpass, just a few nintendo made ones. I have had my 3ds since day 1 of its release and have never had a streetpass although I bring it with me everywhere.

what-

must be a defect

I just think not many people have 3ds' here. I take it to college with me but still nothing. My college is in a very rural area far from where I live as its mainly an agriculture college for farming, so not many of the people there are gamers. I think I might invest in a 3ds xl when ACNL is launched and then give my boyfriend my 3ds so then I can streetpass with him. When I was a kid I had a bunch of people to play it with but now I have no one. Sucks. :l

I am pretty certain each villager has their own specially designed house.
I think ti was the Iwata Asks that said that Nintendo wanted each villager to have their own unique style so they coordinated their own special outside and inside of the house.

I did not know this. O: That is awesome, I think I'll now go back and rewatch a load of random youtube videos and look more closly at different villagers houses.

I think it's just no one in England bothers to go out with their 3DS on. Though I'm not convinced it always works as I've seen 2 people playing 3DS's on a train before and tried to streetpass with them and it never managed. And they must have had their wireless communications on because they were playing a game together!

what-

must be a defect

I live right by the city and I've literally had only one streetpass ( not including the few from family members ). Either folks here don't bring their 3DS out with them, or the 3DS isn't as popular as I was hoping.

I think it's just no one in England bothers to go out with their 3DS on. Though I'm not convinced it always works as I've seen 2 people playing 3DS's on a train before and tried to streetpass with them and it never managed. And they must have had their wireless communications on because they were playing a game together!

This is very true. When a family member received her 3DS, we tried to right away. Nothing. It took a while before we managed to successfully streetpass. There are times where both our 3DS are on standby in the same room and we still get nothing.

Last edited:
I live in a small suburb in upstate NY and I have gotten several streetpasses. I get 5-6 per day in school, 3 of the passes being friends of mine, 1 of which is as big of an AC fan as I am. Sometimes I will get more when I'm leaving after track practices or at track meets or when I just go out in public. I got about 30 streetpasses when I visited Washington, DC. I'm sure you can get even more in NYC or any other big tourism location.

Street pass, spot pass, I never really understood the difference.

streetpass is passing people with a 3DS to exchange data
spotpass is downloading data from the internet

Though I'm not convinced it always works as I've seen 2 people playing 3DS's on a train before and tried to streetpass with them and it never managed. And they must have had their wireless communications on because they were playing a game together!

According to Nintendo, to use StreetPass your 3DS has to be closed and in Sleep Mode. So even if you pass someone on the train who you can see is playing, you won't get their StreetPass because their 3DS is open :/

On the Nintendo site, they suggest using meetup.com (meetup.com/nintendo3ds) to hook up with other players and get StreetPasses. However to go to these meetups you need to be at least 18 or have a parent/guardian accompany you. There will be a meetup at Nintendo World in NYC on release day. It should be huge!

Ohohoho, if that's the case, I'll farm streetpasses with my other 3DS.
Yeah but you'll just get regular streetpasses if you want AC streetpasses you need another copy of ACNL

However to go to these meetups you need to be at least 18 or have a parent/guardian accompany you.
Pfffft #yolo

According to Nintendo, to use StreetPass your 3DS has to be closed and in Sleep Mode. So even if you pass someone on the train who you can see is playing, you won't get their StreetPass because their 3DS is open :/

I've gotten streetpasses with both my 3ds and my boyfriends 3ds open and we were both playing a different game.

I hope this spotpass feature works for us NA players too, because it'd be really nice to have for those of us who don't get very many streetpasses.

I hope this spotpass feature works for us NA players too, because it'd be really nice to have for those of us who don't get very many streetpasses.
its for NA and EU :)

Back