• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Harvest Moon Discussion Thread!

I accidentally turned ALL my small branches into small lumber... and for town renovation #2, to make the 10 bushes you need 50 small branch... I saved up 33 now.

My favorite HM is A Wonderful Life for the gamecube :B Loved that game, married Nami, then Celia. A complaint about the HM series is that it just takes sooooooo much time == Half the time I feel like I'm accomplishing nothing. Not to mention that it's very tedious trying to get all of the recipes and upgrading your house.

Finally got my 3DS XL a couple days ago. :) Almost at summer of year one. Spring has been really slow (as I've been informed) but after having the blueprints unlocked I can tell the gold I have now will quickly vanish. D: I've been saving at 11:55 on the crop festival and resetting hoping that my one-star crop will win eventually. I've gotten third place consistently so I should just move on soon.

Sucks that I won't be able to unlock the mine for awhile. Materials (iron/copper) are very expensive. ._.

Finally got my 3DS XL a couple days ago. :) Almost at summer of year one. Spring has been really slow (as I've been informed) but after having the blueprints unlocked I can tell the gold I have now will quickly vanish. D: I've been saving at 11:55 on the crop festival and resetting hoping that my one-star crop will win eventually. I've gotten third place consistently so I should just move on soon.

Sucks that I won't be able to unlock the mine for awhile. Materials (iron/copper) are very expensive. ._.

You need a 1.5 star or higher to win the beginner's rank contest, I had the same problem as you D:

They really are... you'll be surprised at how many iron and copper you can find laying on the ground in the mine >_<

Fall 17, 195 000 G
Neil at a green heart, now dating. :-D :-D
Town renovation #4
2 cows (Milly and Daisy), 1 chicken (Cucco), 1 Silkie chicken (Puffs) (got the egg through wi-fi), 1 sheep (Baabar), 1 horse (Epona), 1 cat (Duster) and 1 dog (Koko).
Unlocked the mine, I think I have an overstock of silver xD

Last edited:
I won the Chicken Festival so now my Silkie Chicken, Puffs, produces 3* Golden Silkie Eggs :D Each one ships for about 1300 G. And I triggered Neil's green heart event, now he's at a yellow heart, close to pink.

I won the Chicken Festival so now my Silkie Chicken, Puffs, produces 3* Golden Silkie Eggs :D Each one ships for about 1300 G. And I triggered Neil's green heart event, now he's at a yellow heart, close to pink.
I'm only on Spring >.> I don't play it much since its not my game

But I am decided on Tina :D Plus I can trigger her events more early.

I'm only on Spring >.> I don't play it much since its not my game

But I am decided on Tina :D Plus I can trigger her events more early.

Oh. I play it a lot... I think I have about 35 or more hours in the game? IDK.

Tina likes Shiny Coins. ;-)

But I think the easiest to befriend is Yuri. Her favourite item (+800 FP) is Herb Soup, which only require one herb such as Mint or Rosemary, and those can be easily foraged.

LOL that's what I did as well. xD But to unlock jersey cows early, you need to have 3 cows give birth so it's worth it.

I know in one or two installments when one of your cows gave birth, the calf started with a heart or two. It was to compensate for the wait (and in this case not being able to raise my current cow's hearts or get milk). Also gave a 1-up to just buying a cow (other than this method being cheaper).

Do they have a couple hearts to start when born or is it just like any other bought cow? Do you think I should just blow 10K on a cow even with the baby soon on the way?

I know in one or two installments when one of your cows gave birth, the calf started with a heart or two. It was to compensate for the wait (and in this case not being able to raise my current cow's hearts or get milk). Also gave a 1-up to just buying a cow (other than this method being cheaper).

Do they have a couple hearts to start when born or is it just like any other bought cow? Do you think I should just blow 10K on a cow even with the baby soon on the way?

The baby will have half the heart level of its mother, so if the mother has 10 cows the baby will have 5 and so on.

If you don't wanna waiting 20 days for the calf to be born (it takes more time for it to grow up too, but you can get milk from the mother by then) then maybe. Money's pretty easy to make, and just by shipping 10 Grilled Fish, I made 7k, so it won't be hard to make up anyway.

Ah. Worth it later on then.

Sure is.

Here's a tip: turn all your milk and eggs into pudding before you ship them. Milk and eggs alone would ship for about 200 each, but if you cook them into pudding they sell for 900 as a starting price. Higher star rank and a better cooking brand could bump up the price a lot.
I have an Unknown Brand and 3-4* pudding and it ships for 1600 G. Easy money. ;-)

Sure is.

Here's a tip: turn all your milk and eggs into pudding before you ship them. Milk and eggs alone would ship for about 200 each, but if you cook them into pudding they sell for 900 as a starting price. Higher star rank and a better cooking brand could bump up the price a lot.
I have an Unknown Brand and 3-4* pudding and it ships for 1600 G. Easy money. ;-)

I normally just give my milk to Neil. I'll change it up once I get my chicken coop. Should probably do that soon... ._.

I wouldn't say that, no. While I do like the extra customization (I get to choose how the village looks? Yes please). A few things irk me. While I do like the 'General Store' idea introduced in later installments, I miss the simplicity of shops. Like one dedicated to seeds, library, rival farm. For me currently the game lacks variety, but that will soon change once I progress and I know that. Kind of hard to rate (or rather, give my full thoughts towards) when I'm so early into the game. I don't even have near half the villagers nor half of what WILL be available to me. I'm sure more and more festivals will be introduced (right now it's lacking) -- horse races I've always loved, celebration of summer, special stalls opening (like Van in ANL), and what I'm really bummed about: no beach D:

For what it's worth it's a great game. Even when there's next to nothing available I'm entertained and want to progress on my farm. If you want a first impression -- this game didn't deliver on that. :p A month's worth of tutorials? Not sure who came up with that idea. Not a huge fan of the blank mini map either. I'd like to be able to see my gravel patches in it or my roads (though I do know why they decided against this). I'm thankful they got rid of the god-awful gimmicks they introduced in the first DS installments, though. Sure going into this entirely different menu to clean your animals on screen was cool, but it was far too drawn out. Harvest Moon (IMO) isn't the type of game that should lean towards too much use for the touch screen. I'm happy they don't use it for any important actions.

misc things:
FoMT/AWL will probably always remain my favorite

The music in ANB compared to others is actually disappointing to me. I still hum to the melodies, but I feel they aren't as fitting or 'good.'

The art style is cool. It'll be a hit or miss for a lot of people, but again fits for this

I do like the idea of a small-time village. Glad this returned (reminds me of HM 64/FoMT/AP)

One thing AWL did amazing with was added selection of cows (and everything else :p). Not sure why they don't do that anymore (exception in AP)

I do like that foraging is easier

Transition is kind of awkward. Straight up next to nothing for an entire month and then you're presenting with what seems like a 60% increase in constant content.

Cooking is a bit weird, but to me it's preferred. I love the simplicity. FoMT was so annoying waiting for Saturday to buy one new thing for your kitchen and then have this U of gadgets everywhere with next to unlimited recipes

REALLY DO MISS A BEACH ;-;

etc etc etc

TOO MANY THINGS TO SAY, NOT ENOUGH BRAIN POWER TO DO IT RIGHT (OR SEEM LIKE I'M NOT COMPLAINING).

I sry :(

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that, no. While I do like the extra customization (I get to choose how the village looks? Yes please). A few things irk me. While I do like the 'General Store' idea introduced in later installments, I miss the simplicity of shops. Like one dedicated to seeds, library, rival farm. For me currently the game lacks variety, but that will soon change once I progress and I know that. Kind of hard to rate (or rather, give my full thoughts towards) when I'm so early into the game. I don't even have near half the villagers nor half of what WILL be available to me. I'm sure more and more festivals will be introduced (right now it's lacking) -- horse races I've always loved, celebration of summer, special stalls opening (like Van in ANL), and what I'm really bummed about: no beach D:

For what it's worth it's a great game. Even when there's next to nothing available I'm entertained and want to progress on my farm. If you want a first impression -- this game didn't deliver on that. :p A month's worth of tutorials? Not sure who came up with that idea. Not a huge fan of the blank mini map either. I'd like to be able to see my gravel patches in it or my roads (though I do know why they decided against this). I'm thankful they got rid of the god-awful gimmicks they introduced in the first DS installments, though. Sure going into this entirely different menu to clean your animals on screen was cool, but it was far too drawn out. Harvest Moon (IMO) isn't the type of game that should lean towards too much use for the touch screen. I'm happy they don't use it for any important actions.

misc things:
FoMT/AWL will probably always remain my favorite

The music in ANB compared to others is actually disappointing to me. I still hum to the melodies, but I feel they aren't as fitting or 'good.'

The art style is cool. It'll be a hit or miss for a lot of people, but again fits for this

I do like the idea of a small-time village. Glad this returned (reminds me of HM 64/FoMT/AP)

One thing AWL did amazing with was added selection of cows (and everything else :p). Not sure why they don't do that anymore (exception in AP)

I do like that foraging is easier

Transition is kind of awkward. Straight up next to nothing for an entire month and then you're presenting with what seems like a 60% increase in constant content.

Cooking is a bit weird, but to me it's preferred. I love the simplicity. FoMT was so annoying waiting for Saturday to buy one new thing for your kitchen and then have this U of gadgets everywhere with next to unlimited recipes

REALLY DO MISS A BEACH ;-;

etc etc etc

TOO MANY THINGS TO SAY, NOT ENOUGH BRAIN POWER TO DO IT RIGHT (OR SEEM LIKE I'M NOT COMPLAINING).

I sry :(
Hums AWL "divorce" tune
I loved the AWL music n_n

Back