• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Harvest Moon Discussion Thread!

Oh you just reminded me to make sure I get around to checking for the new music sheet in Michelle's house. Had her move in a few days ago and I've yet to grab it. As for bottles I have what I need now (friend had some spares). :3

I can.
My room is open. :)

Uhh...apparently you cannot trade tools? Didn't know that. In the menu right now and it won't allow me to put my clippers on the exchange (even though I have two of them).

aa
edit: Yeah, just looked it up. Apparently tools cannot be traded. That sucks.

Yeah, sorry man. :(

If you need a specific item in the future that can be traded let me know and I'll see if I have one. :p On the bright side clippers will be available for purchase at Neil's Animals after you buy the blueprint from Rebecca. :3

Wooo. I finally got my five star peaches growing. All that's left for that is to see what how my fall trees will end up.

Does anybody have Great Alpaca Yarn? I need 10 of it because I want to build a greenhouse.

Wooo. I finally got my five star peaches growing. All that's left for that is to see what how my fall trees will end up.

Does anybody have Great Alpaca Yarn? I need 10 of it because I want to build a greenhouse.

Is there a way later in the game to get seeds from higher rated crops? I'm in Summer Year 1, so not that much progression has been made.

Is there a way later in the game to get seeds from higher rated crops? I'm in Summer Year 1, so not that much progression has been made.

The best way to raise the star rating of crops is to get the Maker Bonus from having all 5 makers (which guarantees an extra half star from making something with any maker, sometimes giving a full extra star), fertilize the crops every day, and with the crops that re-grow, water them every other day to maximize fertilizing potential.

In my opinion, trees are the easiest to raise the star rating because they never die, and they take a long time to grow.

I got Harvest Moon for 3DS. Anything I need to know from you HM fans? I had the GameCube one.

Which 3ds harvest moon did you get? Tale of Two Towns or A New Beginning?

Either way, you know that the goal of harvest moon games is to farm, woo a spouse, and make your town the best. If you got either game, I would advise you to hoard everything you can. In ToTT you will be introduced to the concept of requests through the request board. Villagers from each village will post a request for items you may or may not have, the more requests you complete the harder they get to fulfill. In A New Beginning there are no requests but you will have a lot of blueprints that need seemingly useless stuff: ex: bottles.

Bottom line: Learn to hoard.

New Beginning. I didn't even know there was more than one.

Yeah, Tale of Two Towns was on DS and 3DS.

Seriously though, in A New Beginning, you'll be hoarding things like never before. Granted, some of the stuff that you'll need, like Mint, Chamomile, Lavender, etc, is foraged, but can also be grown. Speaking of that, I love that feature. I'm glad they let you grow the wild plants. Now if we could just bring back the ability from HMDS to let us grow Magic Red, Magic Blue, and Moondrop Flowers, I'd be happy.

New Beginning. I didn't even know there was more than one.

Tips:
Start off by hoarding everything you forage. Mint, Chamomile, etc. Sell all your bugs, except for Honey Bees. I'd recommend foraging in the mountains 2-3 times a day. During Spring of Year 1, it's very boring ...
On Spring 9, you will get a cow. Sell its Milk.
On Spring 15 (I think?) Iroha will move in. Use the axe she gives you to chop trees and get lumber. She will also give a hammer to turn rocks into stone. Whatever you do, don't turn all your branches into lumber or turn all your rocks into stone!
Spring 20, you will get fish traps. Turn any fish you catch into Grilled Fish, sell any junk but keep the bottles!
Spring 25, Rebecca will move in. She will sell blueprints. The first blueprint you should buy is for the chicken coop. This way you can buy chickens. Once you get a chicken, combine the Eggs and Milk to make Pudding. Pudding will get you a ton of money.
On Summer 1, you will get your first renovation plans.

Good luck!

IDGAF, Harvest Moon 64 was the best one.
I mean, Back to Nature/Friends of Mineral Town/More Friends of Mineral Town are way up there but srsly, HM64 is the epitome of the Harvest Moon Games.

Last edited:
ANB is my first HM game. I am in fall of my first year. I am not sure if I will keep the game yet. It is fun, but more often than not I just feel like I am doing endless tedious tasks

Back