• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Harvest Moon Discussion Thread!

Does anyone know when amethyst, Topaz, Ruby, Silver, and even glass stone become common? I've seen glass stone very rarely and now I really need it for my Town Restoration Project 3, and I also need the amethyst for the Maker Shed.

For the record, I am in Winter 1, I have multiple apple and cherry trees currently, 3 cows, 2 sheep, an alpaca, and a Yak, as well as 4 chickens and multiple beehives ad mushroom logs. I also recently got a green heart with Iroha today!

Oh you just reminded me to make sure I get around to checking for the new music sheet in Michelle's house. Had her move in a few days ago and I've yet to grab it. As for bottles I have what I need now (friend had some spares). :3
Oh what are bottles used for? I've been saving everything except bugs, so I have around 5 bottles I believe.
But I have been selling some lumber because I already have over 1000 of it.

Bottles are used for the most important machines in the game. The Maker machines which include makers such as the cloth maker (the first maker you should make), Fermenter, Seed Maker, and a few others that I can't think of right now. I believe it takes 5 bottles per maker so save save save!

You can surely sell lumber as trees grow back.

Does anyone know when amethyst, Topaz, Ruby, Silver, and even glass stone become common? I've seen glass stone very rarely and now I really need it for my Town Restoration Project 3, and I also need the amethyst for the Maker Shed.

For the record, I am in Winter 1, I have multiple apple and cherry trees currently, 3 cows, 2 sheep, an alpaca, and a Yak, as well as 4 chickens and multiple beehives ad mushroom logs. I also recently got a green heart with Iroha today!

I'm at Summer 14 and already have given the ring to Iroha. :p

Wow, playing online really is awesome. I earned tons of money from it!

Yeah. Whenever I see a large alpaca or cow I just smile because I know I'm going to make over 10,000K a pop. :3 Sadly I haven't been playing that often recently, though. The daily grind of the game has become a little too tedious for me.

As for the answer to your original question it's more luck based than anything. However, some minerals can only be found in one or two of the mines so that can be taken into consideration. Topaz will be hardest to gather when you first start off because it's only available in the blue and red mine (so if you don't have the ultra hammer yet, you have a slim chance of finding it). Silver can be found in any mine (as well as all other core ore -- gold, copper, iron).

Personally I've never had too much of an issue with it. Just visit the mine everyday and you'll eventually collect all of what you need. If you've been trying for days and still don't have all the glass stone you need I'll happily grab my 3DS and give you some.

Yeah. Whenever I see a large alpaca or cow I just smile because I know I'm going to make over 10,000K a pop. :3 Sadly I haven't been playing that often recently, though. The daily grind of the game has become a little too tedious for me.

As for the answer to your original question it's more luck based than anything. However, some minerals can only be found in one or two of the mines so that can be taken into consideration. Topaz will be hardest to gather when you first start off because it's only available in the blue and red mine (so if you don't have the ultra hammer yet, you have a slim chance of finding it). Silver can be found in any mine (as well as all other core ore -- gold, copper, iron).

Personally I've never had too much of an issue with it. Just visit the mine everyday and you'll eventually collect all of what you need. If you've been trying for days and still don't have all the glass stone you need I'll happily grab my 3DS and give you some.

Oh okay, I just got done playing multiplayer and I got 300k from all the animal products, and someone gave me a 5-star gold silkie chicken egg as the gift, I put it in the incubator cause Neil hasn't started selling Silkie chickens yet!

That explains it, I don't have the mine yet, so the only glass and silver I've received so far is hitting that big tree, I need an amethyst the most right now, do you have any of those? I just need one.

Oh and just a few questions:

Where is the 4th music located? I checked all my buildings and I can't find it, I am on Town Restoration 3, and I have the following buildings:

Restaurant - found one music here
Cottage
Blacksmith
Dunhill's house - Found one music here
Salon
Newspaper Carrier - Found one music here
Neil's House
General Store
Shipper's House
Rebecca's Designs

Also, do tea leaf trees need to be watered?

and are there any irrigation channels for crops? Usually I don't grow crops until much later in the game unless there are irrigation channels.

Hola,

Yeah until you unlock the mine everything except iron and copper will be a pain to find. The 4th music sheet is in Rod's Cottage. I think the location was somewhere near the kitchen? Barrels or crates...don't remember which was there. To unlock the mine all you need to do is build Klaus's clinic (blueprints should be available shortly. Either during plan #3 or upon completion). The music sheet from his house will unlock the forest mine.

I do have a spare amethyst so I can give that to you. Also good on you for finding the egg. Same thing happened to me and I put it right in the incubator. Hooray for somewhat/not really cheating! : p

As for tea leaves...not sure. I always watered and fertilized mine, though. Crops will be really easy to handle once you unlock the east end of your farm (which you'll unlock shortly anyway). Basically at the top of the east land there's a geyser. You can move it once a day and it will water all crop beds on the land. :)

Anyway my FC is to the left. Tell me when you'd like to trade.

Hola,

Yeah until you unlock the mine everything except iron and copper will be a pain to find. The 4th music sheet is in Rod's Cottage. I think the location was somewhere near the kitchen? Barrels or crates...don't remember which was there. To unlock the mine all you need to do is build Klaus's clinic (blueprints should be available shortly. Either during plan #3 or upon completion). The music sheet from his house will unlock the forest mine.

I do have a spare amethyst so I can give that to you. Also good on you for finding the egg. Same thing happened to me and I put it right in the incubator. Hooray for somewhat/not really cheating! : p

As for tea leaves...not sure. I always watered and fertilized mine, though. Crops will be really easy to handle once you unlock the east end of your farm (which you'll unlock shortly anyway). Basically at the top of the east land there's a geyser. You can move it once a day and it will water all crop beds on the land. :)

Anyway my FC is to the left. Tell me when you'd like to trade.

Oh, I have the blueprint for the clinic, I was going to build it after I got the last few material stone from Rebecca, but of course it's a Monday right now. -.-

I registered you, and well I know I have a friend code, but I totally forgot how I view what it is.

Found it:
3523 - 2637 - 3478

Last edited:
In your home menu click the boxed orange smiley face that will take you to your friends list. You can view your friend card and all your other friends as well. You can PM me yours or just post it here and then make the room. :3

Omg we got so lucky, lol <3

If you ever need anything down the road just drop me a message or post here and I'll see if I can help you out.

Giant Brown Alpaca! <3

Thank you for the Amethyst, and I'll be sure to let you know, thank you for all the information!

I can't seem to be able to find ANY honeycombs while I'm foraging! Can anyone spare some extras? I have black rocks, black lumber that I don't need yet.

I can't seem to be able to find ANY honeycombs while I'm foraging! Can anyone spare some extras? I have black rocks, black lumber that I don't need yet.

I can spare some honey comb, I have 8 beehives, and tons of honeycomb from the fall that I don't need, I can just build you a beehive if you need.
I don't care what you give me, I have tons of black rocks and lumber already, but I will always take more.

I can spare some honey comb, I have 8 beehives, and tons of honeycomb from the fall that I don't need, I can just build you a beehive if you need.
I don't care what you give me, I have tons of black rocks and lumber already, but I will always take more.

Ooh! A beehive will work splendid! Are you available now? I'll make a room.

Back