• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Just find a picture and crop it to 150 x 100

Now creating a gif that's 150 x 100 and under 253.9 KB, now that's a challenge. Though 150 x 150 would probably be worse

Yea, easy enough but actually make it not look that squeezed. I usually go with 120x100 or something looks better

Yeah, sometime since I used animated ones but ya :v

Yea, easy enough but actually make it not look that squeezed. I usually go with 120x100 or something looks better

Yeah, sometime since I used animated ones but ya :v

Not sure I understand. Do you mean it has the illusion of being squeezed? Because 120 x 100 re-sizes it and distorts the image a bit whereas 150 x 100 won't change the image at all.

Not sure I understand. Do you mean it has the illusion of being squeezed? Because 120 x 100 re-sizes it and distorts the image a bit whereas 150 x 100 won't change the image at all.

Maybe so, I guess it depends on the original size and whether you go for the actual pixels or the kB sizes I don't know. But yes in general the limits crop the stuff too much if the original size is too much at one side or the other.

I guess if you have a somewhat set image within the size it looks good but when you take larger images and crop out like a head it most of the times looks way more wide than it is. Sadly I don't have my old tbt avatar around here for some reason, but yes.

Last edited:
Maybe so, I guess it depends on the original size and whether you go for the actual pixels or the kB sizes I don't know. But yes in general the limits crop the stuff too much if the original size is too much at one side or the other.

I've not had any issues with avatars being manipulated, even when using ones with wacky aspect ratios from random websites. Are you doing something weird in your photo editor?

I've not had any issues with avatars being manipulated, even when using ones with wacky aspect ratios from random websites. Are you doing something weird in your photo editor?

Nah but my Paint here never liked me. Guess I can try doing one again at some point then. But yeah it depends on the image itself I think in the end, yes.

Nah but my Paint here never liked me. Guess I can try doing one again at some point then. But yeah it depends on the image itself I think in the end, yes.

doesnt this site actually re-size it though when you upload it, and keep the proper dimensions?

I see the problem.

It's MSPaint, it doesn't re-size images without distorting them. Even Photoshop doesn't unless you change both the width and height with the same ratio. You need to find an image, re-size it to a smaller size with the same ratio so it's near 150x100 and then crop it to fit. You also need to use something better than MSPaint to do that. Try Pixlr.

I see the problem.

It's MSPaint, it doesn't re-size images without distorting them. Even Photoshop doesn't unless you change both the width and height with the same ratio. You need to find an image, re-size it to a smaller size with the same ratio so it's near 150x100 and then crop it to fit. You also need to use something better than MSPaint to do that. Try Pixlr.

Ah thanks and yes it make so much sense then, and I'll try that indeed next time I need it :3

Ah thanks and yes it make so much sense then, and I'll try that indeed next time I need it :3

If you're looking for something that's good at resizing without distorting too much, try this. It's the only thing I've found that doesn't pixelate/ruin lines when resizing with a different ratio. It'll still look kinda squashed, but it won't be all pixelated.

If you're looking for something that's good at resizing without distorting too much, try this. It's the only thing I've found that doesn't pixelate/ruin lines when resizing with a different ratio. It'll still look kinda squashed, but it won't be all pixelated.

Imgur's editing tools are good too. You can resize with very minimal loss of quality.
I resize my the tiles of my signature there from 700x700 to 220x220 and they still look clear :D

I know this probably be stupid to ask but...
What is a TBT?
I keep hearin' it 'round the forum and I don' be getin' it~

Bell Tree Bells... Either referred to as TBT or BTB.
It's the "Bells" part underneath your avatar.
It's used as currency to buy anything on the forum from collectibles to custom artwork.
You earn them every time you post or comment etc.
Hopefully this answers your question :D

Actually, neva'mind; I be stupid.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Imgur's editing tools are good too. You can resize with very minimal loss of quality.
I resize my the tiles of my signature there from 700x700 to 220x220 and they still look clear :D

Ah, thank you~
I'll be sure not to be clueless this time~

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bell Tree Bells... Either referred to as TBT or BTB.
It's the "Bells" part underneath your avatar.
It's used as currency to buy anything on the forum from collectibles to custom artwork.
You earn them every time you post or comment etc.
Hopefully this answers your question :D

You know, I'm no good on this school computer; always replying to the wrong posts an' whatnot.
But otherwise, thank ya~

Back