• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The one year challenge

I still haven't donated all the money for the caf?. Was too tired to go beetle hunting after writing the update yesterday. I'll have to gather the money today then.

Margie suggested the fairy-tale streetlight today and I'm quite happy about it! There are still lots of PWPs I want but haven't gotten. I've been waiting to get more before building any at all but I think I could start building the ones I have soon. It's so boring not having any PWPs around. I'm exited to see how I manage to use the fairy-tale stuff without making my town look cute. I'm going more for a foresty feel but with a touch of fantasy. I suppose I'm going to mostly use the zen and other stuff and only use fairy-tale here and there. I really want to see if I manage to carry out the vision I have.

Last edited:
man, what is Pascal on? LOL

FOR THOSE STRUGGLING WITH PWPS!
2 weeks ago I made a guide on getting a PWP suggestion each day. But I've been reading that even with this guide a lot of people are still struggling. So here is one last tip: Send letters to your villagers! Higher friendships mean that they'll suggest things more often. Before sending my villagers letter it would take me over an hour to get a suggestion. Now that I send them letters daily I only have to go diving once or twice (which takes 5-10 minutes) to have a PWP suggested.

Thanks for this tip, will do.

Nothing happened today, so here's a pic of the emotion I got.

HNI_0021.JPG

WHOA! I'm shocked because this is my 11th emotion.

If you want to keep up on my town, check out my Tumblr. I'm still looking for parts while I play my game to post, so check up in an hour or so.

I'm exactly a month later than you all so I'm ending it Feb 1st of next year but I settled on a nice town map finally and now I'm back after that awful corruption earlier ^^

Yooooooo
iHBHT80.jpg

Bam, you da real MVP. Only 14 days in. Took so much longer in my other towns.

I find this amusing since he's been kind of a jerk to me lately.

Yooooooo
iHBHT80.jpg

Bam, you da real MVP. Only 14 days in. Took so much longer in my other towns.

I find this amusing since he's been kind of a jerk to me lately.
Oh please. Elise requested the police station just by pinging me without the diving method.

Colton keeps requesting PWP's I don't ever find myself using for my town. Do Not Enter sign, Yield sign, Parabolic Antennae, for example.

I got mine suggested on the same day as the cafe but I havent built either because I've put fountains all over my lower map. They'll stay there until I get my two last permanent residents (since I can't plot reset I'm at least trying to make sure nobody moves into the areas I wanna get cray with)

I haven't gotten the Police PWP yet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Turnip Mini-Guide.

Found this and thought it was interesting. In short, there are four patterns for Turnip prices in New Leaf:
1. Constantly Decreasing: what it sounds like
2. Small Spike: mimics CD, except five prices are higher than normal, with the fourth being the highest
3. Large Spike: similar to SS, except the third price is the highest {and a lot higher than SS}; there's also a chance for a Dead Cat Bounce at the very end
4. Random: what it sounds like

Joan was selling for 98 in Navidson today.

Hey all, got some pics to show seeing as it's Taciturn's one month anniversary today! Who else is celebrating theirs today? :)

Okay so we're a month old today, and I feel like I've worked pretty hard on my OYC town the last few weeks, despite real life obviously getting in the way a lot! I've managed to unlock quite a few PWPs...not many that I actually LIKE, but still, it's progress. I've also got the dream suite, museum second floor, cafe, police station, Kicks, Shampoodles, and Super T & T.

Portia moved out, she was one of my five starters. She was replaced with the gorgeous Queenie, who I got from a lovely TBTer. Puddles, Maple, and Lobo have all asked to move, but that ain't happening yet! Happily, Hans will be moving in a couple of days. If I'm honest, he's not really as bad as I thought he'd be. Yes I don't like the gorilla villagers, but I guess Hans has an interesting design, and he's smug which is my fave personality. He's been nothing but nice to me since he moved in, and I made an effort to be polite even if he made me cringe a lot :p I hope to replace him with another smug, probably Ed who just moved randomly into my storage town and looks pretty cool. The only villagers I'll be letting go of if they ask are Doc, Phoebe and Jambette. Their houses are in the way of my 'town vision', but they're all pretty nice so I don't really mind how long they stick around for.

I've upgraded my alt's houses to the size I wanted, and am now working on furnishing them. But I get bored of that pretty quickly so their houses are just packed with stuff that I'll eventually try to rearrange. I've also been really lucky with getting good exterior stuff in Nooks shop, so they're looking great. My mayors house on the other hand looks a bit mad, and the inside is terrible as I just chuck a load of stuff in there to free up my inventory. So in February I hope to sort out all my character houses, arrange my flowers properly in town, and try and get more PWPs! I think it'll be easier to plan my town out once the snow melts at the end of the month, plus I'm so bored of it and can't wait to see Taciturn all green and fresh! So here's to another fun month, and in the meantime here are some recent pics I took:

Caught a stringfish, like a BOSS!

stringfish.JPG

..and a Coelacanth, like a PRO!

coelacanth.JPG

How Taciturn's map is looking at the moment.

Map.JPG

The patterns I've picked out so far, I'm pretty happy with how it looks around here.

station1.JPG
station2.JPG
traintracks.JPG

Outside town hall!

town hall.JPG

The Plaza, it looks pretty nice at the moment not that you can really tell from the photo! I worked hard setting out paths and such leading to the plaza and using it as a 'central' location.

plaza.JPG

Got my gold can yesterday, ohhhhhhh! Perfect town for 15+ days, pretty darn pleased about that ^_^

goldcan.JPG

My favourite villager (dissing her previous Mayor, charming!)

Queenie2.JPG

Anddd my least favourite villager..bless him, he does try..

Hans2.JPG

Last edited:
Mine was technically on Jan. 20, but I plan on doing the OYC until at least Jan. 1, 2016. I really need to start taking more screenshots and sharing them. I got color contacts instead of a new hairstyle today. Pics tonight.

I haven't gotten the Police PWP yet.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Turnip Mini-Guide.

Found this and thought it was interesting. In short, there are four patterns for Turnip prices in New Leaf:
1. Constantly Decreasing: what it sounds like
2. Small Spike: mimics CD, except five prices are higher than normal, with the fourth being the highest
3. Large Spike: similar to SS, except the third price is the highest {and a lot higher than SS}; there's also a chance for a Dead Cat Bounce at the very end
4. Random: what it sounds like

Joan was selling for 98 in Navidson today.

So glad you posted this because I've been meaning to share this website for a while: The Animal Crossing Stalk Wizard helps you predict when you'll have a spike and when it'll be best to sell your turnips. All you have to do is enter your turnip prices daily for more accurate results (making sure to add both AM and PM prices.) Though if you miss something the wizard is smart enough to fill in the blanks.
Last time I had a spike (495 per turnips) was on a Thursday, but I knew long before that I was going to be having a spike --as the stalk wizard had already predicted it.

Last edited:
we fell to the second page D8
I think its because there is not much to report
no new shops or anything

Back