• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The one year challenge

Would anyone be kind enough and let me visit their town? I need flowers, bushes, and fruit (And some bells, but I'm doin well with no island!).

Three days in a row and no axe from the flower shop. :(
Speaking of which, I wish there was a way to see how many flowers and saplings you've bought.

Three days in a row and no axe from the flower shop. :(
Speaking of which, I wish there was a way to see how many flowers and saplings you've bought.

I've just been taking a picture after buying out Leif each day to keep track.

Oh wow! I'm torn about the giveaway. On the one hand, that would be awesome to get all that stuff. On the other hand, I really like the feeling of getting something on my own. I'll have to think about this!

Fang suggested the Rack of Rice PWP. Yay? I'm sure I'll find some use out of it. Eventually. Maybe. Other than that, I just did a bunch of landscaping. I made another path mule. {Her name is !.} Having all the trees in the way makes it difficult to visualize where I want the paths/anything else. The trees also make the town feel a bit choppy, so as I keep saying I will chop them all down. I also need to put a third bridge down eventually. Broccolo is moving in just a bit below Ribbot, which is good. Ribbot's house was sort of awkwardly by itself. Lately, I've been neglecting writing letters to my villagers. I got some furniture I wasn't using and wrote a letter to all 8 villagers. For the most part, the furniture gifts were random. I'm not bothering with decorating my villagers' houses just yet. However, part of the landscaping was for a few of my villagers' houses. I don't want to show any pictures just yet until it's all complete.

I need to make a log of all the items I have in my catalog so that I don't have to wonder if I have something or not. I've been neglecting that document someone posted a while back that made it easy to catalog items.

As for the hair, I know said I'd stick with the same hairstyle for a week once I got the eye-color choice, but I think what I'll do instead is alternate between hair and eyes.

Oh wow! I'm torn about the giveaway. On the one hand, that would be awesome to get all that stuff. On the other hand, I really like the feeling of getting something on my own. I'll have to think about this!

Fang suggested the Rack of Rice PWP. Yay? I'm sure I'll find some use out of it. Eventually. Maybe. Other than that, I just did a bunch of landscaping. I made another path mule. {Her name is !.} Having all the trees in the way makes it difficult to visualize where I want the paths/anything else. The trees also make the town feel a bit choppy, so as I keep saying I will chop them all down. I also need to put a third bridge down eventually. Broccolo is moving in just a bit below Ribbot, which is good. Ribbot's house was sort of awkwardly by itself. Lately, I've been neglecting writing letters to my villagers. I got some furniture I wasn't using and wrote a letter to all 8 villagers. For the most part, the furniture gifts were random. I'm not bothering with decorating my villagers' houses just yet. However, part of the landscaping was for a few of my villagers' houses. I don't want to show any pictures just yet until it's all complete.

I need to make a log of all the items I have in my catalog so that I don't have to wonder if I have something or not. I've been neglecting that document someone posted a while back that made it easy to catalog items.

As for the hair, I know said I'd stick with the same hairstyle for a week once I got the eye-color choice, but I think what I'll do instead is alternate between hair and eyes.

I know what you mean. I thought about transferring the stuff to Hell, but I didn't want to transfer anything from my main town to my side :( Getting tired of buying hybrids though, all of my turnip profits are going towards hybrids/saplings/bush starts

I just restarted from scratch for the second time since I bought the game way back during it's release. Recently got in the mood for this again, but I wasn't entirely fond of my second town or Mayor and wanted a brand new start. I'm considering tackling this challenge, since I tend to slowly stop playing after a while and I'd really like to change that!

It's moments like these that make me really despise my internet provider. When it comes to certain games, unfortunately one of them being AC:NL, it does not allow me to connect with almost 95% of other players. I can still use the internet just fine, like acquiring Spotpass/Nintendo Zone items and visiting Dream Towns, but when it comes to connecting with others it just won't let me waaaay more than half of the time. I really wish I could join stuff like this. And get to trade and sell/buy stuff, too. :c

Last edited:
Went to go bug hunt on the island 'cause I haven't paid off a loan in a while. The treasure chest was for sale. Ended up spending that time getting 150 medals. Wow that thing is expensive!

ACTUALLY.
I may have a chance to play online! I only just recently managed to get a smartphone, so it didn't occur to me until now, but I could try using it as a HotSpot! I can try and see if that works later on. Ok, I am so excited now!

In any case, I would like to join this challenge! Is there anything I have to do in particular to join or be added into the spreadsheet? owo;

Sorry for the lack of activity. D: not much has changed as of yet so I haven't felt a need to update. But UH punchy thinks he's moving away on the 6th (he's not. I won't let him) and I've had no PWPs lol

ACTUALLY.
I may have a chance to play online! I only just recently managed to get a smartphone, so it didn't occur to me until now, but I could try using it as a HotSpot! I can try and see if that works later on. Ok, I am so excited now!

In any case, I would like to join this challenge! Is there anything I have to do in particular to join or be added into the spreadsheet? owo;

YAY! I use my smartphone for a connection when I'm at school and it works perfectly. Hope yours does too :)

Also: I think you just post your info here or PM to one of the people whose names are in pink

YAY! I use my smartphone for a connection when I'm at school and it works perfectly. Hope yours does too :)

Also: I think you just post your info here or PM to one of the people whose names are in pink

I will definitely be giving that a try at some point later on!

Thanks for the heads up, btw! I am now officially taking part of this challenge! c:

I've wanted to do something like this but knew my interest would fizzle out if I was doing it alone. Bookmarking this thread for whenever "reset day" finally comes for me (haha)

Okay, I barely even survived an hour before deciding that yeah, I'm gonna reset. Hopefully I'll be able to find Pekoe and Kidd again sometime during this next year... resetting to start this challenge later tonight!

HNI_0025.JPG
HNI_0026.JPG
HNI_0027.JPG

Wow, gee. Thanks Phineas. :D

HNI_0028.JPG

I just had to take a pic.

HNI_0029.JPG

It sure is.

Updating is quite a chore for me so i'll keep it brief XD I've updated my tumblr with loads of pics:

- I've built my first 2nd bridge...1st 2nd lol
- Got 2 badges! Amateur Turnip Trader & Avid Bell Saver!
- I have TT Mart, Whatever it's called, the upgrade from cranny!
- My club is being built in process =3
- DREAM SUITE IS OPEN YAY!
- I made a bomb off turnips and have like 3 million bells now ^_^

For everyone who wants to see my town!:

tumblr_nj5xcvi16G1u8kduko4_400.jpg

Furthermore...LET THE TILLING BEGIN LOL

tumblr_nj5xffKdgd1u8kduko1_400.jpg

Now I have a bit of a problem. 2 things, one is I usually make an extra character to hold all the pattern slots for the layout (one time I had 3 characters using up like 18 patterns, crazy). I'm not sure if I want a second character now, plus since no TT i'll have to wait ages for that character to be able to use the pattern machine. I might use up like 8 of the patterns or something. Make it really simple and in the future if I want to make a new character then. Secondly i'm not sure if I even want to tile at all! (probably will lol) I really like the natural look and I have some inspiration for making a now pattern town with pure nature.

What do you guys think? NATURE OR TILING (nature meaning bushes-trees, dirt paths, flowers etc)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think whatever I choose it's best to cut down all tree first to start from a fresh canvas then start planting, what's everyone elses method of starting a new town layout? Like tiling, patterning and designing?

Back