• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The out of context quotes thread

*Bob dressed as a stewardess is pushing a cart down the plane’s aisle and he stops at one row*
“Peanut?”
“Oh yes please.”
*Man reaches out to take the peanut packet only for Bob to pull it away from him*
“Ahhh! Tsk tsk.”
*Bob opens the bag and hands the man a single peanut*
“Peanut! Peanut!”
*Bob continues to give passengers a single peanut*

Oh, no, no, no.

What, dude?

So now that I have a hit TV show, you guys care about dolphins and whales?

We always have.

Yeah, totally.

I asked you guys to help me, and you said no!

That’s not what we said.

You said “Stan, me and Kenny don’t give two ****s about stupid-ass whales.”

We were talking about Wales, the country.

Look, if you admit that you’re only doing this because you want to be on TV, then I’ll consider it. Admit you just want to be on TV.

…I just want to be on TV.

Kenny! I deserve to be on TV.

“We now return to our presentation of Free Willy: The Director’s Cut.”
“Jump Willy! Jump!”
*Willy is jumping over Jesse and casting a shadow over him when the shadow suddenly starts to get larger and Jesse becomes terrified. Cut to Homer watching the movie and a splat is heard. Homer is sad*
“Oh….”
“Oh no! Willy didn’t make it and he killed our boy!”
“What a mess.”
“I don’t like this director’s cut….”

“I’ve got a gun out there in my purse and up to now I’ve been forgiving and forgetting because of the way I was brought up. But I’ll tell you one thing, if you say another thing about me or make another indecent proposal, I’m gonna get that gun of mine and I’m gonna change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot! Don’t think I can’t do it!”

90% of these Green Stars are just out in the open and super easy to get, but this one pisses me off. You have to be stupidly accurate. And this one is literally just Crash Bandicoot having a bad day. And this one throws depth perception out the window, so good luck. And this one can just go… go screw itself. And THIS one makes me want to jump into a super volcano while holding super TNT so I can super die.

“I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise, not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night.”

(I know these are supposed to be out of context, but this is from one of James Joyce’s love letters to his wife Nora. Yes, really.)

I’ll give you 300 bucks for it.

No can do.

Oh, all right. I’ll just take these $300 burglar’s tools then.

Very good, sir. *opens cash register*

So, what time you close tonight?

Futurama, noun: I don’t know, you just watched it, dummy. What are you asking me for? Hey, here’s a fun definition. Idiot, noun: you! *laughs*

*Cornfed and Duckman are staring at a bird*
“Look at that titmouse!”
“I’ve never seen such a huge titmouse before.”
“Who knew that a titmouse could be so large?”
“It certainly is a large titmouse.”
“A beautiful bird the titmouse is.”
“The titmouse is certainly a wonderful bird.”
“Ah I love the titmouse. We can still say titmouse, right?”
“Yep.”
“When does the V chip come out?”
“Not until November.”
*Duckman and Cornfed celebrate the fact that their conversation can’t be censored and they high five each other*

Back