• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

vibe wise Annika feels distant from the game. I can see potential mafia here. Hoping to see more from them

I'm not really following where people are saying Tessa ignored myself or Arstotzkan, she clearly addressed me with a solid retort here:
Can I get receipts I feel like all of my questions were absolutely necessary

And I kinda vibe with Tessa more than I thought I did, my initial gut response was that it felt like she was pushing ShinyDungeoneer too hard (mostly this string of posts). It was more of a spitball type of opinion last night than anything developed.

"i wont contribute cos i work alone" typa vibes
i hate to break it to you but idk how you're gonna get unbiased opinions when the whole thread will be full of people with biased opinions

Reading what Kat said in post #158 kinda bothers me- shocker! I liked reading this when I woke up since it was reflecting what I was thinking of last night, but having reflected on the things Tessa said to Shiny doesn't feel like mafia bullying; there was too much confidence, alongside some kinda valid points, that makes Tessa feel like town to me right now.

Sure - I lean town for Volt; something about them seems deeply raw for lack of better word? I'd have to dig through quotes to get a better wording on it. The comment about the shiny questioning being moot is a big part of this. Mafia would have been likely to latch onto that as a suspicion I think.

I lean mafia for Tessa. She seems desperate, like she's trying to find a finger to point (the shiny moment comes to mind).Which I get, we do need evidence for day one, but the level of it feels overblown to me. I feel like she's trying to get cozy in damniel's pocket too; I don't remember her having much of a novel opinion beyond his.
The comment about her being desperate doesn't sit well with me, I don't feel that from reading Tessa's exchanges. This why I asked Arstotzkan earlier (without a response up until now) why they were suspicious of Tessa since I didn't get it reading it earlier today.
Post automatically merged:

vibe wise Annika feels distant from the game. I can see potential mafia here. Hoping to see more from them
Wanna explain some of those vibes?

the questions Annika has asked and the engagement they have done does not really feel genuine. Kinda just feels like a fabricated attempt at engaging. Not really seeing an interest to solve so far. Anyone see this differently?

my understanding is that whoever is elected as king chooses someone to kill at night
& they also can't die for that night
indeed, the day ends in 25 hours

besides Ness, does anyone have any ideas of who they're thinking about voting?
I ask because I don't really have any strong opinions yet, myself 😅

The above two responses are kinda shallow that kinda seems like they're contributing by answering basic facts.
can you talk about this more? that seems like an interesting observation, but I have no idea what could've given you that impression
ah I see

that's definitely an interesting theory and has some merit, though I'm a little hesitant to believe it's true rn because I found some of Tessa's posts slightly townie

I don't think Tessa avoiding answering the posts makes it a bus, but it's possible that Astozkan jumping on Ness' read could be her taking advantage of their wrong idea to push a townie
The above is currently their only attempt at prodding and engaging with a player's reads, and it gives off "oh interesting idk". The payoff for questioning was minimal, which implies to me there wasn't much motivation to ask beyond just asking a question. The most concrete thought they've given so far is that Tessa is slightly townie

Very few posts from them so far, but this is giving a bit of TMI

the questions Annika has asked and the engagement they have done does not really feel genuine. Kinda just feels like a fabricated attempt at engaging. Not really seeing an interest to solve so far. Anyone see this differently?

I mean having gone back and reread them, they feel hollow for sure but like... There's not much to do. It seems like they've at least they've read backwards since their initial post. Not a defense of them frankly as I agree with you, but like day's fizzled and until our last three speak up in player roles there's not much to do unless someone wants to pick a fight for lulz.

IDK I got home from work earlier, made that one post and then decided I'd have more fun watching EUIC and a two+ hour youtube essay

The above two responses are kinda shallow that kinda seems like they're contributing by answering basic facts.
I mean yes, someone asked how much time was left so I answered them, and someone was answering
I don't expect to be townread for this but it feels inconsiderate to be painting it as wolfy
The above is currently their only attempt at prodding and engaging with a player's reads, and it gives off "oh interesting idk". The payoff for questioning was minimal, which implies to me there wasn't much motivation to ask beyond just asking a question. The most concrete thought they've given so far is that Tessa is slightly townie
I suppose this is my own fault for not expressing it in the thread, but I was slightly townleaning Ribbit for that exchange

it seems like you also suspected me for not trying to solve or drive the conversation, but I'm personally just not a very proactive person
I like to take the thread in from the sidelines, sorta, and only ask questions when I'm interested in something

like, a lot of the talk so far has been about mechanical stuff like what the best strategy for voting for the king is

while it's useful to understand what I should be voting for, since I've never played anything like this setup, I didn't feel like it'd be meaningful for me to talk about if I agreed or disagreed with people's thoughts

in any case, I do have some thoughts about the game—I'm currently townleaning Trent, Tessa, Volt and Ribbit

if you have any questions about my reads, feel free to shoot

(and before you mention it, yes I realize I don't have any mafiareads
that's why I kinda don't want to be the king tbh, I'm not very good at finding maf compared to finding town)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Lynch" and "scum" were words member asked us to remove from TBT Mafia.

• Instead of "lynch" please use elimination.
  • Instead of "scum" please use "mafia".
all good, I assumed the s-word was 'suspicious' a la amongus. Apologies for any discomfort my wisecracking may have caused.

Mafia doesn't quite work as a replacement term however; mafia is a specific faction that consists of the minority, whereas 'scum' is historically used to refer to any role with malignant intent towards town. Can we use 'evils' or something along those lines instead?

oh sorry i just realized i messed up
uhhm.. wait so should we say mafiareads? when we're talking about someone we're suspicious of?

Reading what Kat said in post #158 kinda bothers me- shocker! I liked reading this when I woke up since it was reflecting what I was thinking of last night, but having reflected on the things Tessa said to Shiny doesn't feel like mafia bullying; there was too much confidence, alongside some kinda valid points, that makes Tessa feel like town to me right now.
Admittedly I've skimmed up to present from page 7 so maybe there's something I'm missing in the more recent stuff but it did feel like mafia bullying to me, primarily post 107 and 112 in series. Not enough to push the read out of my own volition, but it pinged me in a bad way.

I'll be so honest, I read annika and my brain is hazing out on the walls. I'll probably have a more solid opinion when my brain's fresh

Admittedly I've skimmed up to present from page 7 so maybe there's something I'm missing in the more recent stuff but it did feel like mafia bullying to me, primarily post 107 and 112 in series. Not enough to push the read out of my own volition, but it pinged me in a bad way.

I'll be so honest, I read annika and my brain is hazing out on the walls. I'll probably have a more solid opinion when my brain's fresh
Yeah and I get that, but I think that just is moreso how Tessa is rather than going too far or anything. Mafia has to pretend to be looking for people, and I didn't get anything plastic from Tessa.

Currently, I think Shiny is town. I think the pressure applied to them early game showed that they are working alone and tried to make a genuine attempt to dispel people’s concerns. I dont think that was directed. Not getting the sense they have any TMI atm

well yea but like, when Ness says this is how Tessa is, I'm assuming there's a meta people understand her by that I'm forgetting
iirc she used to be kind of reluctant to say literally anything of substance as mafia, and from what I remember further she used to be a lot more softspoken; less meta and I guess growth as a person?

The shiny v. tessa interaction is the most town v. town thing going so far

iirc she used to be kind of reluctant to say literally anything of substance as mafia, and from what I remember further she used to be a lot more softspoken; less meta and I guess growth as a person?
yes i was 12

ok im ready to do some real iso'ing either today or tomorrow, im gonna try to formulate some thoughts while i ride in the car tonight

disagree with Dan about annika, her recent post
Bold take

@tessa grace ayoooooo
is it that bold? give me some wisdom

I do be disagreeing with Dan about Annika that was an incomplete thought. Strikes me as uncertainty on where to start rather than a fabrication.

sure, in particular i find these two lines to be what make me think that:

tessa avoiding answering both makes me think one of these is a bus— from mafia games i’ve played on other sites i’ve noticed 9 times out of 10 the town is a little more desperate to prove themselves; on the other hand the mafia try to separate themselves from their team mates. i also might be being paranoid, but arstozkan seemed a little eager to jump on ness’ read.

atm, i have a hard townread on damniel, but i think someone like volt or trent would be a more interesting king pick. i’ll think more on today before deciding who to vote.

This feels slimy. Myself and Arstotzkan were the only ones presenting the idea of Tessa being wolfish, what risk would there be to try and bus her as a teammate

@Arstotzkan you're #1 frenemey at the moment, what do you think of Ribbitribbons post about *gasp* us

Last edited:
Back